Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) $19.99 - Amazon DotD

Thanks for the post. I wish that this included the PS3 version; I know Amazon had both for $20 as the DOTD a few months ago. I passed and now I regret it as I really want a game that supports four players locally.

To All Achievement Hunters

Due to the removal of DLC from the Marketplace, 250 GS are no longer achievable.
---
I loved the game, and its a really good price for it.

Meh, I passed on GF sale because I thought it was a bit too much, so I'll definitely pass on this.

Thanks anyway, Cheapy.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Hoping for a Gold Edition with the DLC....[/QUOTE]

Keep hoping. They pulled the DLC from the marketplace due to licensing issues.

I grabbed the dlc and my 1250 achievement points way before the licensing issues came up

btw to anyone looking to play with a friend, if someone has the dlc and someone else doesn't you can't play together unless someone deletes their dlc or vice versa sadly

I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Everything in this game just spells RUSH JOB in capital letters. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...maybe.

[quote name='newtypex']I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...[/QUOTE]

I went bach to MUA 1 after playing this one and was blown away at what WASN'T in part 2. It is a good game but MUA 1 blows it away.

On a semi-related note, anyone know where to find MUA1 Gold edition for a decent price? I've seen the regular edition for low prices, but all the gold editions are over $60...

I searched earlier this week, and Ebay or used game sales (Gamestop) is the only way to get the Gold edition since it's out of print.

The platinum hits version has all the same stuff though, and it's still in print (maybe not for long). $30 MSRP. I got mine from buy.com for full price, but Overstock has it now for $21. Pictures are showing the old one, so hopefully it's the PH version.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...d=146609&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12273771

Here's the buy.com link for good measure:

http://www.buy.com/prod/marvel-ultimate-alliance-platinum-hits-enhanced/q/loc/108/206708569.html

[quote name='bickle']On a semi-related note, anyone know where to find MUA1 Gold edition for a decent price? I've seen the regular edition for low prices, but all the gold editions are over $60...[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked Walmart.com had it in stock for $29.99 I think.

[quote name='newtypex']I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Everything in this game just spells RUSH JOB in capital letters. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...maybe.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I think the step down in quality is too evident. MUA is still a great game and holds up.

[quote name='choral_music']I MUA's DLC still up? (MUA 1)

EDIT: Also, does MUA Gold Edition include the DLC?[/QUOTE]No, the DLC is no longer available, as Microsoft pulled it for both MUA1 and MUA2 right before the end of last year.

Yes, the DLC is included in the Gold Edition, which is why it's carrying a price premium at the moment for buying it. It's the only way to get the MUA1 DLC right now, and there's no way to get the MUA2 DLC at all.

[quote name='newtypex']I can't recommend this game to anyone who has played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Less characters, less customization, less special moves, shorter game...you can't even rotate the camera anymore. Really, one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best super hero games ever made. Even at $19.99 I can't recommend it. I'd rather play MUA1 again. Everything in this game just spells RUSH JOB in capital letters. Maybe at the $9.99 price point...maybe.[/QUOTE]

the main reason is because MUA2 was made by another studio. Activision thinks that it doesnt matter who makes the game

Picked this up at Target a couple weeks back for 9.99 and that was still too much. Very poor game and I ended up flipping it for 20.

Agreed 100%. I bought it when it first came out, and the further I played it, the more I disliked it. MUA 1 and the X-men legends game had much better variety in moves, characters, and gear to equip. The regular enemies and boss battles were also much better. Plus the story in MUA 2 is pretty weak. Such a letdown... possibly the most disappointing game I have ever played.

Also a note for all you achievement whores, myself included, 1250 for this game is no longer possible as the DLC is no longer available - first game I've seen that thought it would be peachy for DLC to "expire."

EDIT: Sorry that its been mentioned (didnt read page 1 =p ). But its worth mentioning a few times imo! :)

Xmen Legends games were much better than the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

[quote name='misbitski']The platinum hits version has all the same stuff though, and it's still in print [/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the info!

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'm holding out hope for MUA2 gold with the DLC on the disc.[/QUOTE]

It will never happen. Save your hope for something else.

Guess I won't even Gamefly it then.

Well I could have but since I no longer have internet in my room (using a neighbor's WiFi signal), I hate playing games where some achievements are online-only. Why? I NEED to have 200/1000/1250+ or else.

Shallow, yes, but that's just the way I am.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Guess I won't even Gamefly it then.

Well I could have but since I no longer have internet in my room (using a neighbor's WiFi signal), I hate playing games where some achievements are online-only. Why? I NEED to have 200/1000/1250+ or else.

Shallow, yes, but that's just the way I am.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I did gamefly it when it first came out (like 2 weeks after) and I'd say it's a decent rental if you have absolutely nothing in your queue worth playing. I was going to skip the rental and just plop $59.99 on this at first. And trust me, I was going to just based on MUA1. That would have been a huge mistake.

bread's done
Back