Photo
- - - - -

Steam: SEGA Week. (Complete Pack: $89.99)

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#91 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Today's specials:

[...]

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/34030

In a word: Eh.

#92 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

The Mega Pack sounds alright I guess. Empire is rock-bottom at $10.50 on D2D right now, but the Steam Total War Mega Pack adds two more games and three expansions for 10 more bucks. Either way, the DLC is going to kill you because E: TW has $22.50 worth of extra DLC if you want the entire experience.

I'd much rather have seen a package price for E: TW and all the DLC. Maybe in the neighborhood of $20.00.

#93 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

The Mega Pack sounds alright I guess. Empire is rock-bottom at $10.50 on D2D right now, but the Steam Total War Mega Pack adds two more games and three expansions for 10 more bucks. Either way, the DLC is going to kill you because E: TW has $22.50 worth of extra DLC if you want the entire experience.

I'd much rather have seen a package price for E: TW and all the DLC. Maybe in the neighborhood of $20.00.

Yeah,

I too, would much rather see Empire TW pack separate from the legacy games. $20 would be probably too much to ask but for $50 (including Napoleon and all DLCs, of course), this would be a nice way for Creative Assembly to pick up quite a few new fans.

#94 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

Bumped up your thread rating for you, since I like the format. :-P

I'm hoping for a deal on the Vancouver 2010 game since it's the only Games for Windows Live title that I can't buy in a store. >..<
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#95 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Newest sale is for Football Manager 2010 - 50% off making it $19.99

http://store.steampo....com/app/34000/

#96 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

Bumped up your thread rating for you, since I like the format. :-P

Hahaha, thanks - I know the deals are abysmal, but I've at least made the effort to keep the topic properly updated. (Thinking about it, though, the amount of effort should have coincided with the value of the sale.)

I hope the next Publisher Week is something worthwhile, like Ubisoft. What Publisher Week would you like to see in the coming weeks/months?

#97 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

What Publisher Week would you like to see in the coming weeks/months?

In my short tenure with Steam, I have yet to see the
Valve complete pack take a nice discount hit.
I hope to see that every time I visit the site.

#98 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

I want to see Capcom or Konami weeks, myself. Very few Steam sales on titles from those companies so far.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#99 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

I want to see Capcom or Konami weeks, myself. Very few Steam sales on titles from those companies so far.

A CAPCOM week would be insane, but only if they offer games at actual deal prices. (Unlike SEGA.)

Konami week might be a bit lacking; They're not even listed among the known Publishers. Konami isn't much known for their PC releases, but, certainly, Rocket Knight for $5 would be awesome.

#100 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

Looks like at least one Konami title has been delisted from Steam, doh. Yeah, they don't have enough titles listed to do a week of sales. Silent Hill and Rocket Knight for cheap would be rad though.

-Paul Acevedo

#101 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Looks like at least one Konami title has been delisted from Steam, doh.

Which? I can't tell...
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#102 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Whoops, I thought Steam sold Shadow of Destiny (by Konami) in the past. Turns out I was wrong. Don't mind me!

-Paul Acevedo

#103 looski

looski

Gaming Chica

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

Oh well, This week was lackluster, and I wanted to try total war... anyhoo. Eliot; the thread was well maintained and looked great, thanks for that. Just thought a comment is always nice to receive :)

Posted Image

#104 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

When the discussion turned to why Sega hasn't released some of its classics on Steam, I thought it would be funny/sad if this promo turned out to be a "buy our pack now before we load it up with good titles for the holidays" sale.

It seems it very well may be.
http://www.gamasutra...OMING_TO_PC.php

Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Dancer, Sonic 3D Blase, Space Harrier, and Vectorman confirmed "from $2.99".

#105 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

Yup. I'm been talking about the Sega Classics thing for ages, so, I knew all along that this whole sale was timed pretty intentionally.
Hi...

Posted Image

#106 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

When the discussion turned to why Sega hasn't released some of its classics on Steam, I thought it would be funny/sad if this promo turned out to be a "buy our pack now before we load it up with good titles for the holidays" sale.

Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Dancer, Sonic 3D Blase, Space Harrier, and Vectorman confirmed "from $2.99".

$2.99 each? HA! HA! :roll:

#107 janitor

janitor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

Nothing so far all week. But thanks OP for the thread, I've been checking it all week instead of just loading up steam.

#108 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

Even though I own most of those in Genesis cartridge format, I'd be more than willing to entertain a purchase of some of the great Genesis/Master System titles for cheap via Steam. Especially if they are well-done and have the proper support.

#109 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

No opinions on football manager?

#110 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

Try it yourself?
Hi...

Posted Image

#111 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Wow, $2.99 or more for old Genesis games that are guaranteed to be poorly emulated and featureless? I recommend Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 over any PC SEGA offering.

Try it yourself?

More specifically, Football Manager 2010 is having a free weekend over at Steam; I recommend checking that out.

#112 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Wow, $2.99 or more for old Genesis games that are guaranteed to be poorly emulated and featureless? I recommend Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 over any PC SEGA offering.

I got a used copy from gamestop at around $9 after discounts. Totally worth it. $3 a pop for EACH game is just too much when you consider how cheap you can get SUGC for.

#113 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Definitely try the demo because it's a really niche game.

#114 mediamixerj

mediamixerj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

If you like team management games its great but if you expect fifa 2010 or a soccer playing game where you control the players then this isn't it. Its fun for creating a great soccer team and rising up the ranks. I don't even like soccer and I've spent numerous hours on this game.

#115 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

Definitely try the demo because it's a really niche game.

It's only niche in the US, actually. It's extremely popular in Europe. In fact, it is always in the list of top ten games being played on Steam at any given moment (and that's not just because of the free weekend; a Football Manager game it always, always there). More people are playing Football Manager, than Left 4 Dead 2.
Hi...

Posted Image