Photo
- - - - -

CheapD and Red Dead on Ps3

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rpmacedo

rpmacedo

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hey CheapyD, I'm a brazilian who like to visit your site and listen podcast. I don't write very well in english, please sorry for that.
I don't agree with many of you opinion, but I think the show is fun. I'm post this thread because I like to call you attention on something you did say on the last podcast.
I didn't hear or read nothing about the inferior PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption until today. Only you did, who did not play the game. I'm think the your source is another xbox360 fanboy like you. Please, next time you try help somebody, play the game before say something stupid.
I can accept when one version is inferior the other, only when we have many other source saying the same or when you can experience for yourself. Any other reason is pure speculation who don't help nobody.

#2 Moltres423

Moltres423

Not easy being meaty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

I fully support anything CheapyD said on the PS3 version being inferior. On every single game ever released for both systems I have always found/read that the 360 version ran smoother. The only exception being darksiders, and I think they updated it on the 360 after release to improve that.

#3 Kekumba

Kekumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

Shit just got real.

#4 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

I think someone is gonna get banned.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Suck it!
http://arstechnica.c...ur-thoughts.ars

it's clear that the 360 version has quite the graphical advantage. It's sharper, with much less aliasing. The faces of the characters were clearer in the opening section. Gameplay sections likewise looked better, with smoother graphics across the board. The PlayStation 3 version looked impressive, but there was a noticeable jump in quality while playing on the 360. Keep in mind that the game doesn't look bad on the PS3—not by any stretch—but based on our time with the game and direct comparisons, the 360 version looks better. If you purchase the PS3 version of the game you're not going to be let down, but if you have the choice, pick up a copy for the 360.

Edited by CheapyD, 19 May 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#6 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Owned... it looks great on 360. Still a lot of Aliasing and stutter (in high intense scenes) but it looks fantastic.

Spoiler

Edited by DarkNessBear, 19 May 2010 - 08:57 AM.

#7 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

I personally own it on the PS3 and saw it on the 360 today and I'll definitely confirm that it looks a million times better on the 360. It's so, so much more sharp and vibrant on the 360

..but it's still just as fun on the PS3 :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

Meh. The PS3 usually gets shafted in a multiplat release. I don't like it but what can we do?

#9 johnnyRingo

johnnyRingo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

I have to ask what kind of tv's or monitors are being used? The reason I ask is MW2 on my Samsung and Sony HDTVs looks better at default. I always have to tweek my 360 settings on every game. Now before everybody starts with "check your HD setting" they both run HDMI cables. But before you scream fanboy I always buy the 360 version, for the same reason Cheapy does the 360's controller.
TEXAS OUTLAW

#10 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Suck it!
http://arstechnica.c...=1#comments-bar

OP OWNED!

Stick it to em'.
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

I fully support anything CheapyD said on the PS3 version being inferior. On every single game ever released for both systems I have always found/read that the 360 version ran smoother. The only exception being darksiders, and I think they updated it on the 360 after release to improve that.

Wasn't FFXIII better on PS3? I thought I read that somewhere.

#12 RchrdJ

RchrdJ

Gamingsurvival.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

Wasn't FFXIII better on PS3? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes it was. Moltres was just trying to get his point across; without using facts ;).

#13 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

But what are facts?

If you follow me.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg