Heavenly Sword PS3 - $15 - Walmart - YMMV

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 xgemini87

xgemini87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

Recently was in my local super Walmart in Canyon Country, CA and noticed Heavenly Sword on the shelf for $15 ...

YMMV...

http://i906.photobuc...pg?t=1274171828

#2 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

I saw two bargain bins at the Poway store, one for 19.99 and under games, and one for 9.99 and under. I passed on Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for 15 bucks, and there was a lot of old XBox and Gamecube shovelware.

#3 jasaun3

jasaun3

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

I saw two bargain bins at the Poway store, one for 19.99 and under games, and one for 9.99 and under. I passed on Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for 15 bucks, and there was a lot of old XBox and Gamecube shovelware.

$15 for Pacific Rift is a great deal. Don't let that one pass you up.

#4 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

Might have to take a trip out to Walmart at lunch, that's a nice price for both Heavenly Sword and Pacific Rift.

#5 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

My local Wal-mart has this for $15.00 as well. Spotted it sometime last week.

#6 dimeadz

dimeadz

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

I saw it but i heard it can be beat in 6 hours. I am saving my money for longer gameplay.
Excuses are the nails in the house of failure.

#7 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

I saw it but i heard it can be beat in 6 hours. I am saving my money for longer gameplay.

This game is excellent...yes its fairly short but there is no reason not to get it at this price. I got it a long time ago for around $30 and don't regret it one bit.

#8 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

my walmart will never have this

#9 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

This game is excellent...yes its fairly short but there is no reason not to get it at this price.

Agree. One of the most underrated games as far as I'm concerned. There is a bit of a learning curve, and I would suggest turning motion control off, but its a very good game.

#10 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Got it yesterday at Wal-Mart for $12.99

Posted Image

#11 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I can confirm the walmart in Scottsdale, AZ has some copies at $14.99 as of last thursday. I bought one, I've been waiting almost 3 years for thi damn game to drop in price.

#12 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

I hate this game so damned much... The gameplay isn't horrible, but all the characters are incredible annoying. Especially turtle-man and kitty-girl.
Posted Image

#13 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

Confirm Heavenly Sword $15.00, several copies remaining at Wal-Mart in Newton, Iowa.

Not a very good game, really. Now that God Of War III is out, there's no reason to play HS. Hell, even Dante's Inferno is better. HS starts out decent and gets worse and worse the further you progress. The final boss encounter is the most unnecessarily drawn-out, boring, irritating battle I've ever seen in a game. I actually liked the game until that point, and the final battle made me utterly hate it. Not a good game design to end at the lowest point, IMO. Bleh.

#14 Jackr

Jackr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

That actually talked me out of buying it.... Did anyone happen to spot any other Wal-Mart deals/clearance?

#15 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

All this time I complained to myself about Wal-Mart selling the Bourne Conspiracy for 52.97 and then when they decide to drop the price to 15.00 it's gone.

#16 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

I hate this game so damned much... The gameplay isn't horrible, but all the characters are incredible annoying. Especially turtle-man and kitty-girl.

I completely agree. I played for 2 hours hoping it would get better but it never did. This game has some of the worst characters I've ever had the displeasure of encountering in a game.

#17 steelbaz

steelbaz

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Good deal on a sweet game, I paid $25 for mine, worth every cent.