Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PC) $1 at Direct2Drive

It's a must-play for anyone who hasn't. But I can't imagine trying to use a keyboard, and I don't think it has gamepad support.

[quote name='Pojomofo']well, I was gonna wait until this hit $0.66, but I may bite on this anyway....[/QUOTE]

Someone had to point out how wonderful that was. nice work. sincerely.

[quote name='Decker']I'd like to get this, but it looks like it won't work with Windows 7, at least per their description.[/QUOTE]

And yet I still want to buy it. I must be addicted.

[quote name='Vegan']It's a must-play for anyone who hasn't. But I can't imagine trying to use a keyboard, and I don't think it has gamepad support.[/QUOTE]

I felt this game worked fantastic with keyboard and mouse. It gave much better control of the camera, which in turn helped with movement. I remember gamespot praising it because it was a true multiplatform game that felt natural on each platform it was on. There's a demo out there you can try if anyone is still worried.

Wow, if I didn't already own this, I'd grab it. I've only played a little ways through it, but so far it seems great - the gameplay, the story, the overall atmosphere... It's definitely worth $1 for anyone who hasn't tried it.
And I know the Steam version runs on Vista (at least I have it running). Not sure if there's any differences between it and the D2D one.

I've beat it on GameCube about 5 years ago.. for some reason I doubt this game really stands up to current games, if I remember correctly it was really repetitive.

Sands of Time was probably one of my favorite games from last gen -- such a well-crafted puzzle-platformer, tons of charm in characterization and interaction, a great gameplay hook with rewinding time, and a short, sweet, all-killer-no-filler (well, almost no filler -- combat is a little flimsy) experience. It's a fairly brief game, but if you haven't experienced it yet, it's the best freaking dollar you'll spend all year.

I played the first and third on xbox (I was about to play the second when my brother let a friend "borrow" them). I am probably going to buy the set on Amazon eventually, but I would prefer if they did a re-release like they did with God of War http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LKM0EW/

They are good games and have a little bit of replay value. I am hoping the most recent release: The Forgotten Sands is similar.

I'm using a wired 360 controller and seem to have no problems without having to do anything. maybe a little issue with sensitivity. but everything else seemed fine in the few mins I messed with it.
Win 7 64 bit by the way.

[quote name='The Nephilim']I'm using a wired 360 controller and seem to have no problems without having to do anything. maybe a little issue with sensitivity. but everything else seemed fine in the few mins I messed with it.
Win 7 64 bit by the way.[/QUOTE]

But do the triggers work? You don't need to use them until quite a ways into the game.

[quote name='Vegan']But do the triggers work? You don't need to use them until quite a ways into the game.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be assignable to actions just fine. Haven't really used them yet. But the config options recognize them.

it does work on windows 7 for those that wanted to know. Ive never played the original but played the newer ones, so i started playing this and it works perfectly.

[quote name='Tooki']It is available for free (ad-supported) on Ubi's site btw.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the "buy a PC download get one free" sale on their site? Other than that, I don't see a link to just download full PC games for FREE on Ubisoft's website.

[quote name='Tooki']It is available for free (ad-supported) on Ubi's site btw.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, um . . . link please? All I'm finding is the option to buy it for $9.95 from the Ubisoft download store.

Edit: I did find this, not on Ubi's site --

http://www.fileplanet.com/180411/180000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:whistle2:Sands-of-Time-Full-Game-%5BFree-Game---Ad-Supported%5D

I guess it's legit? I can't download it here at work and check it out. What does the business about files being "made inactive through the ubi.com login" mean, though?

Edit again: Looks like the actual download link is broken -- clicking on it just goes back to the FilePlanet home page. I think that, whatever this offer was, it's dead now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, um . . . link please? All I'm finding is the option to buy it for $9.95 from the Ubisoft download store.

Edit: I did find this, not on Ubi's site --

http://www.fileplanet.com/180411/180000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:whistle2:Sands-of-Time-Full-Game-%5BFree-Game---Ad-Supported%5D

I guess it's legit? I can't download it here at work and check it out. What does the business about files being "made inactive through the ubi.com login" mean, though?

Edit again: Looks like the actual download link is broken -- clicking on it just goes back to the FilePlanet home page. I think that, whatever this offer was, it's dead now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

When those ad-supported games first came out I got Far-Cry and it was pretty horrible. you had to watch a full McDonald's commercial before loading the game to play.

[quote name='mrsamsa']When those ad-supported games first came out I got Far-Cry and it was pretty horrible. you had to watch a full McDonald's commercial before loading the game to play.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, I remember that. Played through Far Cry/Prince of Persia with that.

AND IT WAS THE SAME EXACT COMMERCIAL TOO. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

bread's done
Back