Virtual-On Force - Region-free Japanese import from SEGA

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]2Ptv_UyrM-0[/youtube]
Low-res trailer FTW!

Did you guys know there's a Japan-only Virtual-On game for the 360? Luckily it's region-free and available as an affordable Platinum Hits release.

Here's my Virtual-On Force import article/review, full of handy multiplayer details and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that was actually a surprise. Played the guessing game at VGChartz as to what the exclusive game would be. Can't say im disappointed outside of the fact I'll have to spend some big money on twin sticks lol.

More like worst preorder bonus ever wtf is that shit?

Those asking for sticks Hori put some out last year, but they went for $330 no idea what they are going for now.

Aww LostRoad, where's your sense of humor? I'm sure Hori will do another run of Virtual On sticks when Force comes out. They might even produce a larger quantity since this is a retail game instead of downloadable.

Dunno how I missed this being confirmed as region free but I just got a copy of the LE from Play Asia-- they only have a few left right now. I don't really have the money for the LE but even though I suck at the game I love VO so I had to pick it up. Yay, another tight money month!

You better be up for a game one of these days EastX. :D
I played this when I was on vacation in Japan. Enjoyed it even if I only played a little.

Alright, I'm thinking about getting this. However, I've never played one of these games before.

What's the learning curve here?

[quote name='Regian']Alright, I'm thinking about getting this. However, I've never played one of these games before.

What's the learning curve here?[/QUOTE]

Start by getting Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram on XBLA (or at least try the demo)

I haven't played a Virtual On game since the Dreamcast version and couldn't really get into the PS2 version Virtual On Marz. I might get Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram on XBLA first.

Any recommended sites to import this from?

You guys have me interested in possibly importing this, but I dunno. Not so much that I won't enjoy it (I enjoyed VO:OT on XBLA), it's more a matter of how much time I could devote to it.

Anybody have a price range on this game by chance?

I provide all the importing instructions you could need in my article, youse guys! Read it so ya don't hurt my feelings. But to answer your questions, it's ~$45 shipped at Play-Asia.

[quote name='eastx']I provide all the importing instructions you could need in my article, youse guys! Read it so ya don't hurt my feelings. But to answer your questions, it's ~$45 shipped at Play-Asia.[/QUOTE]

Before I read your article, I was like: What article?! Then I scroll down past the youtube video. Followed by: Oh, that article okay!

I wonder if the DLC is worth the trouble of setting up another account and buying JPN Microsoft Points?

Shoot, I'd probably pay $50 for this if it included the DLC on the disc and was available on Amazon.

The Microsoft Points would only run you about $12 on Ebay - let me know if you're interested and I'll provide a link. But the DLC just consists of more battles without adding any significant new content. It makes unlocking new Virtuaroids easier and adds 250 GS of Achievements, so just consider whether that's worth twelve bucks to you or not.

[quote name='JStryke']You guys have me interested in possibly importing this, but I dunno. Not so much that I won't enjoy it (I enjoyed VO:OT on XBLA), it's more a matter of how much time I could devote to it.

Anybody have a price range on this game by chance?[/QUOTE]

Someone remind me, is there a controller adapter whereby I can use the Saturn or DC VO sticks or is there a 360 version of them?
Also JStryke, any chance of playing MP with you on "Tornado Outbreak"? Somehow I have the feeling I'll have a time finding someone to play with.

[quote name='Sarang01']
Also JStryke, any chance of playing MP with you on "Tornado Outbreak"? Somehow I have the feeling I'll have a time finding someone to play with.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99.9% sure the multiplayer is local only. As for the 2 multiplayer achievements, just turn on an extra controller and you'll get them in a matter of five minutes (if you wait until the last zone of a level).

It's available to download pretty cheaply from the HK games on demand store. The trick is getting around the stupid IP address checker. I added money to my HK account via Paypal but I can't download the game. *fury*

[quote name='Daywalker']Any of you know if the platinum hits version includes the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Read the darn article. Don't know how clear I can make this. :p

Halo005, you could put those points towards Bullet Soul if you haven't gotten it already... The VPN thing sucks, but I'm sure that route might still work out too.

[quote name='eastx']Read the darn article. Don't know how clear I can make this. :p

Halo005, you could put those points towards Bullet Soul if you haven't gotten it already... The VPN thing sucks, but I'm sure that route might still work out too.[/QUOTE]

I completely overlooked the fact that there was a second page. I am an idiot. Sorry about that.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm 99.9% sure the multiplayer is local only. As for the 2 multiplayer achievements, just turn on an extra controller and you'll get them in a matter of five minutes (if you wait until the last zone of a level).[/QUOTE]

Dangit! :whistle2:(

Well I have Bioshock 2 as well so heads up! :D

Oh and to EastX's latest comment, I have a piece of day and night mixed right together, a twilight if you will, with this we can DESTROY Daywalker. ;-P

I had a good night at the boat last night, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger for this. It looks damn fun.

Is the online community fairly active? I figure that's where a majority of the mileage here is, at least in my case.

I had no trouble finding Japanese players when I got online one morning. Some high-ranked players refuse to play with newbies though. Still, got the 30 multiplayer games Achievement after a couple of hours.

bread's done
Back