Space Invaders Extreme 2 (DS) - $14.99 new at GameStop.com

For all of you who don't already have this game, get it. It's easily the most addictive game this generation. You'll be amazed at how much gameplay you get out of it.

[quote name='dchrisd']What's the difference between this and the first one? Gameplay videos look similar[/QUOTE]

Same question, I've played some of the first one, and it's great, but the first one is hard enough for me, I'm not sure I'll ever get through it to be ready for another one.

[quote name='oakafanforlife']Do the "new" games from gamestop.com come sealed?[/QUOTE]

They should be factory sealed, but I have received a few that had been gutted & rewrapped (they were all older titles, so they probably didn't have many left). If they're resealed, you should be able to exchange at a local store for a factory sealed copy (if available) or return in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not available online? Means I can't use that coupon code I got from buying one of those other games from the email then, huh? :(

[quote name='msdmoney']Same question, I've played some of the first one, and it's great, but the first one is hard enough for me, I'm not sure I'll ever get through it to be ready for another one.[/QUOTE]

It's MUCH easier and harder at the same time but not as batshit crazy in the first one. Cannon doesn't level down anymore, tons of 1-up opportunities if you know how to pull them off, soundtrack is loads better, and you don't have to do the whole stage over if you get a game over at the boss.

Also, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr3CFQyq9p0

How come there wasn't a PSP version of this game?

The rounds in this game take place on the top screen simultaneously with what's happening on the touch screen.

Does this one work with the spinner controller?

Yes, and the game's online mode will actually let you filter for paddle-only players.

Moe-themed stage 5 (which is completely random and unrelated to the rest of the game) clinched it for me.

Yes, I'm a sucker for anime-themed stuff. :D

I hope this comes to XBLA eventually. Not that I wouldn't mind getting it for the DS, but I picked up the 1st one when it hit XBLA. I like to try and keep series on one platform is possible. Though I almost want to buy it now for stage 5...music was stuck in my head over the weekend.

[quote name='Keirnoth']Moe-themed stage 5 (which is completely random and unrelated to the rest of the game) clinched it for me.[/QUOTE]

She's in every final stage although that themed stage makes it more blatant than the others.

bread's done
Back