Alan Wake (Used) $35.99 w/free ship After Coupons + Tax at GameStop

Thanks for sharing, but you may want to add "used" to the topic title.

I can't imagine people are already trading this game in. I guess if you can find a used copy it will be in great condition.

[quote name='Survivalism']Who's trading it in already? It's been out five days, that's what returns are for.[/QUOTE]

If you open it you aren't exactly allowed to return it. It only took me 3 days to beat it. I would have traded it in if I had bought it but I rented it on my blockbuster pass. I don't play through games more than once. Game of THe Year in my opinion but I would have any use for it after I beat it one time.

[quote name='schuerm26']If you open it you aren't exactly allowed to return it. It only took me 3 days to beat it. I would have traded it in if I had bought it but I rented it on my blockbuster pass. I don't play through games more than once. Game of THe Year in my opinion but I would have any use for it after I beat it one time.[/QUOTE]

And this is why this game was never worth paying $60 for, imo. It'll be discounted heavily in due course. Unless Remedy spends every waking moment creating new episodes, that is.

Is it just me or does it not allow me to purchase it yet? I filled out my info and hit "Purchase" but it keeps taking me back to my cart.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']And this is why this game was never worth paying $60 for, imo. It'll be discounted heavily in due course. Unless Remedy spends every waking moment creating new episodes, that is.[/QUOTE]

Oooooh snap.

Bout to finish the game tonight or tomorrow with a friend. Creepy, well made, mostly everything looks good, interesting blend of writing/story within a story and basic plot. I'm not sure if I'd call it amazing and the biggest thing holding it against it is everyone's hold up on 5 years of development with....not much to show for it, when compared to most other games and their 2-3 years. Still recommended but I see what people have against it.

going to start the game later on tonight when its darker-smoke a bit n pop it in--hope its as good as every1 says it is

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']And this is why this game was never worth paying $60 for, imo. It'll be discounted heavily in due course. Unless Remedy spends every waking moment creating new episodes, that is.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. I would have been happy paying $60. Game of the Year in my opinion. You trade it in for Mario Galaxy 2, and you are getting $40-$45 probably with promos at Gamestop. There are tons of deals out there to get a bunch of the money back. I had a rental pass so I didn't. It was worth every bit of $60 for the time I played it. Then factor in you can resell it or trade it in for quite a bit and you are paying somewhere around $20 for it.

By the way. Isn't every game heavily discounted eventually? Look at GTA IV. Wasn't it about 4 months or so and we were picking it up for $14.99 at a B1G1 free sale at Blockbuster?

[quote name='Mikocouch']I thought the game was well worth the $65 I paid for the CE. Don't regret the purchase at all.[/QUOTE]

The CE is extremely nice, I agree.

[quote name='schuerm26']Disagree. I would have been happy paying $60. Game of the Year in my opinion. You trade it in for Mario Galaxy 2, and you are getting $40-$45 probably with promos at Gamestop. There are tons of deals out there to get a bunch of the money back. I had a rental pass so I didn't. It was worth every bit of $60 for the time I played it. Then factor in you can resell it or trade it in for quite a bit and you are paying somewhere around $20 for it.

By the way. Isn't every game heavily discounted eventually? Look at GTA IV. Wasn't it about 4 months or so and we were picking it up for $14.99 at a B1G1 free sale at Blockbuster?[/QUOTE]

If one of the factors you're using to consider it worth $60 is that you can resell it for 40, it's not worth 60.

Actually, game quality aside... I think we're in a market right now that's proving that *no* game is really worth $60. You practically have to go out of your way to find games at their full prices nowadays.

Great for us, maybe not so great for retailers and game publishers. I'm not losing sleep.

BTW... any game like this will drop like a rock. High anticipation, tons of copies sold, and limited replay ensures that there will be tons of used copies to go around, dropping the demand for new copies and dragging all the prices down. In fact, I wonder if this is why gamestop is allowing backorders for this used. Usually when they have no copies of a used title it just comes up as unavailable.

same thing with me. i hit purchase and i go back to my cart. tried it twice. i hope i don't get 2 alan wakes later this week......

Aren't you just shooting yourself in the wallet?

It's still $45.99 on Amazon w/ FSSS (most likely no tax). That's new and with the $10 dlc code included.

If you aren't concerned with the DLC wouldn't it come out cheaper just renting it?

EDIT:

Looking at trade-in values; it works out to save a couple bucks (or move credit if you could do it in-store), but that's a lot of work just to save about $3

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder what the trade in value is would be nice to be able and flip it after playing it. not a bad deal though picked up on expertzone already though for 20

[quote name='halofreak64']wonder what the trade in value is would be nice to be able and flip it after playing it. not a bad deal though picked up on expertzone already though for 20[/QUOTE]

Using the CAG Trade-In Values Tracker

Trade-In Values
amazon.gif

Amazon: $30.00 (updated 6 days ago)
blockbuster.png

Blockbuster: No data
gamecrazy.png

Game Crazy: No data
gamestop.gif

GameStop: $24.00 (updated 3 days ago)

[quote name='dustdust']Is it just me or does it not allow me to purchase it yet? I filled out my info and hit "Purchase" but it keeps taking me back to my cart.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='carjames44']same thing with me. i hit purchase and i go back to my cart. tried it twice. i hope i don't get 2 alan wakes later this week......[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list....argh I would love to try this game for that price, I don't care if DLC isn't there. Any word on what's going on with this issue? I'll have to try later and see if it works.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Add me to the list....argh I would love to try this game for that price, I don't care if DLC isn't there. Any word on what's going on with this issue? I'll have to try later and see if it works.[/QUOTE]

Suspect they never intended people to be able to "preorder" the used version. Kinda defeats the point of the $60 "Haha We Took Yer Moneyz and All You Got Was No Lousy T-shirt and an awesome if short single player game" version.

[quote name='dustdust']promo code 20PRE doesn't seem to be working anymore. putting in CAG16 + SAVER + Edge brings the subtotal to $37.79[/QUOTE]
well thats cheaper than using the 20PRE+ Saver..:applause:

also doesnt the code 20PRE expire 11:59 PM May 24th??

Keep in mind that there are already Two episodes of DLC announced. These expansions could extend the game as much as 3 hours. so while you might be finished with the game you might want to hold onto it for these two DLC packs.

Taken from Teamxbox.com:
Grab your flashlights and stock up on batteries! “Alan Wake” is available in stores today in Europe, Asia and North America, and is due to arrive in Japan on May 27, exclusively on Xbox 360. Hailed as one of the most anticipated games of the year, “Alan Wake” invites players to experience the suspenseful narrative, cinematic action and chilling cliffhangers as the mystery unravels with each episode.

Your investigation in Bright Falls doesn’t have to stop there. With every new purchase of the standard or Limited Collector’s Edition, “Alan Wake” fans score a token to download the title’s first Game Add-on episode called “The Signal.” Hold on to the token card until July 27 to redeem the exciting next chapter of “Alan Wake,” only on Xbox LIVE.*

Taken from Joystick:
"The second downloadable episode of Alan Wake will be called "The Writer." The description of the content, which recently popped up in the game's "Downloadable Content" menu, reveals that the tortured author will find himself in "strange circumstances" (surely he must be used to those by now) and must face "one increasingly nightmarish situation after another." According to the listing, the episode will cost 800 Microsoft Points ($10). The first episode, "The Signal," will cost the same when it launches on July 27th, though it's a free download for those who purchased a new copy of Remedy's thriller. "

Kevin

bread's done
Back