iPhone and iPod Touch Games -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4900 replies to this topic

#31 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

That Zombie Defense game is VERY good, and I really don't care for the majority of tower defense games.

think of command and conquer, but instead of making troops, you make base defenses. theres even tech trees to upgrade your turrets.

#32 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Terracore Adventures is the re-release of Mole: Quest for the Terracore Gem and it's currently FREE until Wednesday (http://forums.toucha...?threadid=55687).

"Enter the world of Terracore and play as a mining mole as you take on an epic quest to dig for the fabled Terracore Gem!

Game Features:

* An easy to play touch-screen game with no complex and cloggy GUI controllers. Simply touch any location to have your miner dig to it!
* Explore the deep underground and dig to find randomly generated Gemstones and Rare Metals. Each dig is a new bite sized mining adventure!
* Collect metal to upgrade your digging equipment so your miner can dig deeper, faster and for longer periods of time!
* Post your best dig scores onto the EscFactory leaderboards!
* Progress through 4 different mining Ranks, unlock 12 challenging achievement Medals and find all the rare Artefacts!"

#33 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

The Whack-a-Mole-ish Paradise Monkeys has dropped from $2.99 to FREE for 24 hours (http://appshopper.co...aradise-monkeys).

"Help the monkeys to stop the horrible monkey Dracula, decided to take all the bananas on the island!

Touch the monkeys as fast as possible, avoiding traps, beat strong monsters and earn gold to increase your power, regenerate your life and unlock bonus.

Paradise Monkeys is a funny game that immerses you in a delirious tropical world full of monkeys like no other!

- Improved Whac-a-mole game !
- A game 100% designed for the iPhone Multi-Touch.
- An entertaining action multi-touch game easy to handle.
- 9 Levels, each divided into 5 sub-levels (45 levels in total)
- 9 different boss to defeat and many enemies.
- 2 amazing mini-games to unlock !
- Buy items and increase your finger power !"

#34 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

I vote for including utility and other non-game app deals. I never see any deals on those because nobody posts them, and some of my most-used apps aren't games. Also I agree they need to hurry up on that Netflix streaming app. It would be perfect for the iPhone. My guess is that it will get announced at WWDC and will require OS 4.0, but who knows?

#35 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

We have been posting utilities and other useful apps sincethe first thread. Feel free to post whatever good iPhone apps are on sale here.

#36 Javansdaddy

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Two non-game apps I use are:

AppVaultPro - Someone on here suggested it. I like all the different apps in one, I know there are free ones out there but this one has some great stuff I use. It was taken down for a while due to some conflicts but it's back up now

LoseIt! - I am on a journey to lose 300lbs and once I got a Touch I started looking for apps to help. I used to use FitDay to track my calories & exercise but it was a pain because I would have to diary at the end of the day. This app pretty much mimics FitDay (but doesn't do the homemade recipe feature - which I love about FitDay), it tracks calories, exercise, weight, and has a rather extensive food category list which includes both brand name items AND fast food restaurant menu items. VERY handy when you're with someone and they mention running to McD's for dinner and not having the nutritional info handy for the customer (which they should). Losing weight doesn't have to be about avoiding such places but making better & informed choices...

Those are a few that I use...
I weighed more than Jared from Subway
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

#37 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

One of my favorite non-gaming apps is M-Train (http://appshopper.co...fitness/m-train). It's (mostly) FREE and totally useful for new workout ideas.

"Conceived and developed by three of today’s most sought after fitness trainers, M-TRAIN provides all of the benefits of an expert personal trainer without the expense, on your own schedule, and with your own music.

-- M-TRAIN, an innovative application designed to give the user the freedom to workout with a personal trainer anywhere and at anytime. The app. offers pre-designed workouts or the user can create their very own training regimen to their own music. No matter who you are, regardless of your fitness level, M-TRAIN offers everyone a satisfying and results-oriented workout just as you would achieve from an in-person session with one of the M-TRAIN trainers."

#38 Evil Hayato

Evil Hayato

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thanks guys for the utilities apps, I ll definitely check some of them out. I bought iFitness and I like it alot but I paid 2 bucks for it which i still feel is worth it. But for free i ll def check out Mtrain. LoseIt sounds pretty good too.

Some Utilities i like to use are:
(all are free except appzilla at a buck)

Appzilla: which just got a new update that added 30 or so new utilities the already 50.
http://appshopper.co...0-in-1-appzilla

Alarm Clock (FREE version): this is what i use to get my ass up in the morning, it has the most annoying ringer which is the old school clock that instantly makes me pop up. There are other cool features to the free version as well.
http://appshopper.co...larm-clock-free

Local Concerts: Great for finding concerts for bands you like that are playing around you. It also sees what music you have on your your ipod and puts it as your favorites as well. http://appshopper.co.../local-concerts

Comics: gives a good variety of alot of indie as well as some mainstream comics and has free ones to download as well. http://appshopper.com/books/comics
another related is the marvel comics app that is essentially just like it but all marvel.

And lastly, I like to use Inside XBox: which allows you to add up to i believe 20-25 friends to your xbox buddy list and follow. It also updates your xbox ID and has news and other misc xbox related stuff. good for what it is. also its the "official" xbox app.
http://appshopper.co...inside-xbox-360

#39 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Terracore Adventures is the re-release of Mole: Quest for the Terracore Gem and it's currently FREE until Wednesday (http://forums.toucha...?threadid=55687)

Need to point out that this is good, to highlight something through all the copy paste.

#40 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

So you know what I hate about new threads... It's the fact that all the folk who subscribed to the old thread are now forced to resubscribe. And if your like me and have been on the forums forever, you end up with a million thread subscriptions that seems to interfere with the instant update feature. Sucks !!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#41 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Thanks guys for the utilities apps, I ll definitely check some of them out. I bought iFitness and I like it alot but I paid 2 bucks for it which i still feel is worth it. But for free i ll def check out Mtrain.

I also have iFitness and I like its encyclopedic nature for looking up / trying out new moves. The nice thing about M-Train is that it's comprised of actual workouts. You can just hit "play" and follow along. The only downside is that it doesn't include all the levels for each category (Power, Agility, Strength, Endurance). It gives you one level for each so you can get a feel for the various routines. You have to purchase the additional levels. However, they keep adding new routines so it's really not a bad deal at all (especially for free).

#42 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

From the creator of Geared comes the self-described "Zuma in space" title, Spaceballs (http://itunes.apple....d312145716?mt=8). FREE for one week only.

#43 BillyDKid

BillyDKid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

Enjoying Terracore Adventures. Very similar to my favorite indie Xbox 360 game Miner Dig Deep.
Posted Image

#44 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

So you know what I hate about new threads... It's the fact that all the folk who subscribed to the old thread are now forced to resubscribe. And if your like me and have been on the forums forever, you end up with a million thread subscriptions that seems to interfere with the instant update feature. Sucks !!

I wonder about this to, so I pm'd CheapyD. I'd like to see a feature where when a thread is archived for getting too large, a new thread is created, and all those who subscribed to the archived thread are auto subscribed to the new thread without interruption. That way you really wouldn't have to do anything. Links to old archived threads could then be inserted into the first section of the OP.

#45 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

Personally I've been playing these lately:

- 10 Pin Shuffle $3.99
- 5-0 Radio Pro $1.99
- Blokus $4.99
- Bookworm $2.99
- Charada $1.99
- Dark Nova $2.99
- Elevensgems $0.99
- Facebook $Free$
- Final Fantasy $8.99
- Final Fantasy II $8.99
- Flick Fishing $0.99
- Great Artist Jigsaws by ADS Software (multiple ranging in price from Free to $1.99 depending on artist)
- iDracula $2.99
- Match 3D Flick $2.99
- Plants vs Zombies $2.99
- Puzzle Quest Chapters 1 & 2 $4.99, Chapter 3 $1.99
- Solitaire City $5.99
- TMZ $Free$

Anything that looks halfway decent that's free I download. I'm pretty backlogged but the games above I come back to very frequently. I have so many titles in my touch that I need to use finder to see them all.

#46 Myka

Myka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:52 AM

I didn't see it posted but Dracula: The Path of the Dragon - Part 1 is free until May 27. Wish it had been longer and it is a TBC but I liked it.

Phoenix Wright is definitely worth the $5. I remember seeing the DS version go as high as $90 when it was scarce and it is a GREAT game.

#47 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

From the creator of Geared comes the self-described "Zuma in space" title, Spaceballs (http://itunes.apple....d312145716?mt=8). FREE for one week only.

Spaceballs is crap people, don't waste your time.

#48 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

Here's your mid-week free sites update:

Free App a Day has something called Fishies (http://www.freeappad...day=26&month=05). Can't really tell if it's a game or just a fish-keeping sim.

OpenFeint is featuring Fluttr (http://www.freeappad...day=26&month=05).

Great App a Day has the previously-mentioned Spaceballs.

Free App Calendar is showing the puzzler Doodle Pubbox (http://www.freeappca...ails.php?id=184).

A pretty blah assortment overall today. Maybe some better freebies will come along as the day progresses. Have a great Wednesday anyway!

#49 shumway

shumway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

LoseIt! - This app pretty much mimics FitDay (but doesn't do the homemade recipe feature - which I love about FitDay),

It DOES do the homemade recipe feature as well. To get there:

More -> Edit Food & Exercises -> Recipes.

I've never tried FitDay so I don't know if it is more unwieldy, etc, but the Recipes work well, provided you pay attention to what your ultimate serving size is as well as how many total servings you've made.

#50 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

If you like Zuma, try Spaceballs, it does seem a little easy though and it is extremely barebones. Atlantis Sky Patrol is better and that one has been free in the past, but I have had some control issues with that, I think that mouse or controller is the best way to play these Zuma-clones.

#51 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to delete the " Stocks " app ?

#52 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

If you're a shmups fan, you have to pick up the free Warblade demo (http://appshopper.co...s/warblade-free). This is the 21st Century update of oldschool classics like Galaga and Galaxian with tons of power ups, bonus items, bonus levels, etc. A full-length release is supposedly in the works, but until then this 25-level teaser is well worth the download. Highly recommended for mindless shooting fun.

#53 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

I don't think you can delete it but you can move it to one of the "additional" pages (either on your device or through iTunes) to free up its slot. There were a few tutorials on how to add additional pages (beyond the allotted 11) back on the pre-archived version of this forum.

Conversely, I moved my Safari browser to one of my extra pages a long time ago and it got bumped into oblivion when I exceeded 14 pages worth of apps. I cleared off a bunch of programs but I still can't access it unless I do a search. It doesn't even show up in my Apps list in iTunes even though it's still installed on my Touch. Anyone know how I can get this sucker back into the land of the living?

#54 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

I don't think you can delete it but you can move it to one of the "additional" pages (either on your device or through iTunes) to free up its slot. There were a few tutorials on how to add additional pages (beyond the allotted 11) back on the pre-archived version of this forum.

Conversely, I moved my Safari browser to one of my extra pages a long time ago and it got bumped into oblivion when I exceeded 14 pages worth of apps. I cleared off a bunch of programs but I still can't access it unless I do a search. It doesn't even show up in my Apps list in iTunes even though it's still installed on my Touch. Anyone know how I can get this sucker back into the land of the living?

I think the only way is to Restore your device via iTunes :bomb::-#:bomb::-#

#55 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

Nope..but if you are jailbroken you can easily hide the icon for it...
Posted Image

#56 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Nope..but if you are jailbroken you can easily hide the icon for it...

I am already jailbroken, Do you think I can just SSH into the phone an remove all the APP info ? I was too scared to do it because I didnt want to corrupt system files and stuff :-#

#57 mailman27

mailman27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Just saw an announcement for a Lite version of GTA that includes the 1st 3 missions.

#58 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Just saw an announcement for a Lite version of GTA that includes the 1st 3 missions.

yeah I got that a twitter update also :D

#59 mailman27

mailman27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Looks like it is already up on the store and weighs in at 144 megabytes. Sorry for not having a link but I'm posting from my phone.

#60 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I am already jailbroken, Do you think I can just SSH into the phone an remove all the APP info ? I was too scared to do it because I didnt want to corrupt system files and stuff :-#

If you can hide it, why not just hide it? Those of you with jailbroken iPhones, I keep thinking about doing that, but I find it a bit scary. Also I'm going to want to upgrade to 4.0 when that's out. I presume if I jailbreak I won't be able to upgrade to 4.0 - is that correct? If so I guess I'll just wait it out.