Lego Indy 2 All Platforms $19.99 - Universal Price Drop

Damn nothing in-stock near me, and I dont really want to pay $2.99 for shipping. Would have been nice with my $10 reward cert. Thanks anyways OP!

I read through the amazon reviews, and it doesn't sound that good. Has anyone here played this?

I have, its definitely better than the first LEGO Indy. I had fun with the little I played of it but Its basicly just another LEGO game.

I have the frst one, but most of the reviews seem to indicate this one's not nearly as good, that it's been dumbed down and the levels aren't as big/there aren't as many secrets. Is this accurate?

Well even though my store showed none in-stock, I decided to still run down and see because I know it will not show if the store has one or two copies. Lucky me there was one copy on the rack, with my $10 reward certificate I got it for $10.73 out the door. Thanks again OP!

Thanks OP, I picked it up this morning off the CAG price tracker. I wasn't actually sure how much of a deal it was, but I guess not bad.

You went to way more effort with your post than I would have.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I have the frst one, but most of the reviews seem to indicate this one's not nearly as good, that it's been dumbed down and the levels aren't as big/there aren't as many secrets. Is this accurate?[/QUOTE]

Very. It's a lot longer than the first one though, for what it's worth.

Now that is how you do an OP.

It is not the same as the first. Instead of a mansion you wander into an open world that takes you to a location. That location opens the puzzle that you have to solve. There is not the long levels that the previous one had. It's that long level broken into 5 short parts.

[quote name='illennium']GameStop also -- looks like it's a universal drop. I'm going to use one of my $10 codes on this one.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

Looks like you could eventually come ahead in this deal. Amazon's offering $20 for a trade in. So you can convert your Video Game credits into Amazon Gift Cards.

So far I liked the first one better. I'm only about 10% complete this game (22% just on Raiders). It's more open world than the first game. If you remember the bonus game from the first one where you run around and try to get 1 million coins, building stuff, smashing stuff.... that's pretty much what this game is. You get coins in the main area and have to buy vehicles to complete a race to win a character to play as. Not really much to do in the game except run around and collect stuff.

I love how GS is trying to market this as their deal of the day. I guess the advertised free 2-day shipping makes Lego Indy 2 a "deal".

Is it just me, or are the graphics actually downgraded in this game compared to LEGO Star Wars? For some reason this game looks "fuzzier" or more blurry.

Knew this would happen. Now to wait for the Harry Potter one to drop as well. The Lego games are great for guys who'd like to game with their girlfriends.

I've heard the first one (which I picked up for $1) is a LOT better than this one, so I'll pass. Good to see it finally dropped, though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have, its definitely better than the first LEGO Indy. I had fun with the little I played of it but Its basicly just another LEGO game.[/QUOTE]

How much different is it besides the level editor and Crystal Skull portion?

I'm thinking about picking this up for my nephew and myself, but I already have the first one.

Also, for those who really want to be cheap:

Bestbuy Bing Cashback is @ 10% ($1.90 off) - Keyword: panasonic tv

Sears Bing Cashback is @ 8% ($1.59 + free shipping) - Regular Cashback (go through Bing store)

Take note that Gamestop also reflects this price drop, HOWEVER they are offering free 2-day shipping (today only I believe) with the new purchase -
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/thedeal/?loc=homedeal

Note: Seems like used only available for 360 and new PS3 is backordered.

It might be even hotter by getting in on the UFC $10 off credit via this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261257

I'm debating if I should pick this up used for $3.60 shipped...

bread's done
Back