20% Off All In-Stock New Wii/DS Games $29.99+ at GameStop

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5838&pictureid=15025[/rightimg]Use coupon codes GS20 (and SAVER) to get 20% off all in-stock new Wii & DS games $29.99 and up (and free shipping). Offer ends 5/31 and is available online only. In addition to the coupon savings, there are a bunch of Wii & DS games on sale that include credit bonuses.

Some highlights (price reflects discount):

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $39.99 + $20 credit
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Mario Kart Wi $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars $31.99 + $10 credit
:wii: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa $27.99 + $10 credit
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun $31.99 + $10 credit
:ds: Pokemon SoulSilver $31.99
:ds: Pokemon HeartGold $31.99[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]
icongs_r1.gif
More Wii & DS games from GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice as usual Cheapy. But oh crap. I ordered NSMB Wii YESTERDAY before this discount. Damnit. I knew this would happen. :D

Dammit. It's like the one time I'm annoyed I ordered something at Amazon with a GC instead of doing it at Gamestop. This has NEVER HAPPENED before. Match 'em up, Amazon! I don't know if I can hold out very long.

I am really tempted. Need to build that wii library. Might have to jump on it tomorrow...

Ugh. I just ordered SMG2 on Amazon a few days ago. It hasn't shipped yet but I can't cancel either. :(

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']Ugh. I just ordered SMG2 on Amazon a few days ago. It hasn't shipped yet but I can't cancel either. :(

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."[/QUOTE]
You can refuse delivery when it arrives and get your full refund. Now, go order it from GS for more savings :)

Great deals on the Mario games. Already have SMG2 from the Fry's deal but grabbed NSMB for $30 shipped(don't forget SAVER for free shipping). The coupon code will be emailed when the order ships.

[quote name='lorne']Great deals on the Mario games. Already have SMG2 from the Fry's deal but grabbed NSMB for $30 shipped(don't forget SAVER for free shipping). The coupon code will be emailed when the order ships.[/QUOTE]

What was fry's deal?

I'm glad i didn't pick up Galaxy 2 on launch day. Gonna order it tomorrow :). Thanks cheapy!

Heh, is anyone else relieved to actually see a decent deal for once? Or maybe it's just me..

Man, i bought SMG2 in-store by using the Trade 2 for $40 promo.

I haven't opened it and I'm seriously thinking of returning it and ordering from the website.

Anyone know if GS would cancel an Edge account if you do too many returns or preorder cancellations? I also cancelled couple of in-store preoders in order to re-order online with some of those previous sale codes.

I personally try to avoid doing returns but this just seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

I gave in and ordered SMG 2, I've had a Wii since november and only have wii sports, ea active so my collection was lousy lol.
Now if only Red Dead Redemption 360 had a decent price, i'd be set for awhile

Wow, for the past few weeks, Gamestop has seemed to turned into a different company in the sense that they are actually competing with Amazon, Walmart, etc. on deals for new games. I am impressed as competition is good for us, buyers. Now if they would only get stricter on their used game policies about condition and completeness.

If only Gamestop would allow their coupons to be stacked. I want this but I want to use my 10 dollar credit too.

[quote name='Crass']If only Gamestop would allow their coupons to be stacked. I want this but I want to use my 10 dollar credit too.[/QUOTE]

This.

Wow... $40 for a brand new mario game with a $20 credit??? That's insane. Why bother pre-ordering anymore if you're just going to get showered with stuff like this the week of release? Crazy.

Grr, I just ordered SMG2 two days ago!

Oh well, going to contact customer service and get my $10 back! (They did it for me for SSFIV, if anybody is curious if they'll refund).

[quote name='VidPower']If there's a Gamestop in your city, you would need to pay tax on these online orders, right?[/QUOTE]
It depends on your state's laws. Usually, if they have a business presence anywhere in your state, you'll be charged tax.

^^^ If there's a Gamestop in your state, then yes you will be charged the state sales tax.

FLOL I'm glad I returned my copy yesterday. I used the weekly coupon (50% trade in bonus when buying SMG2, limit 3 games), and turned 3 disc only PS2 games I picked up from a yard sale for $5 into $29.xx in credit. Paid the remainder in cash, then took it back to another Gamestop and they refunded my entire purchase in cash, $54.xx including tax.

Now I'm just going to wait and see if amazon pricematches this and the Mario Kart Wii...

[quote name='Crass']If only Gamestop would allow their coupons to be stacked. I want this but I want to use my 10 dollar credit too.[/QUOTE]

This. And is there any confirmation my $20 and $10 codes would stack? If Amazon matches they would save me $3 in taxes alone. Either way real great deal as usual on Mario Galaxy 2.

Does anyone think Amazon would refund $10 on SMG2 because of this, or is this technically a sale price from Gamestop that Amazon can't control?

This code seems to work for pre-orders. Just a heads up if anyone wanted to order any of the upcoming games. Metroid Other M, Legend Of Zelda, and Epic Mickey are all available for pre-order.

Thanks!

I am not getting the free shipping to apply with GS20.

I dont see the 20$ credit thing on Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I already had $40 in Gamestop credit so I figured this way I can get Galaxy 2 for only a few bucks with that credit and get half the credit back. :applause:

[quote name='rly723']I gave in and ordered SMG 2, I've had a Wii since november and only have wii sports, ea active so my collection was lousy lol.
Now if only Red Dead Redemption 360 had a decent price, i'd be set for awhile[/QUOTE]

So you are also one of those typical gamer that bought the Wii, then go on and ignore all games on it and say there are no games to play on the system? :)

I just ordered SMG2 on Amazon yesterday. Also I bought New Super Mario Brothers Wii at retail back in Dec. I really regret that as well. I didn't know gs would beat the amazon deal. Aw well.

[quote name='sk8nob']Does anyone think Amazon would refund $10 on SMG2 because of this, or is this technically a sale price from Gamestop that Amazon can't control?[/QUOTE]

If they do match it, they are going to be getting a harshly worded email from me, at the very least.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This code seems to work for pre-orders. Just a heads up if anyone wanted to order any of the upcoming games. Metroid Other M, Legend Of Zelda, and Epic Mickey are all available for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

This! W/ my 20.00 code from RDR, Metroid Other M will be mine for 19.99+Tax!

[quote name='addicted2games']Wow, for the past few weeks, Gamestop has seemed to turned into a different company in the sense that they are actually competing with Amazon, Walmart, etc. on deals for new games. I am impressed as competition is good for us, buyers. Now if they would only get stricter on their used game policies about condition and completeness.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's so odd seeing this behavior. I already ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Amazon for their $20 credit. But that's a terrific deal on the discounted price at Gamestop. I never seesaw prices on first party Mario titles drop below $50. Snatch up New Super Mario Bros Wii if you haven't.

However I still prefer Amazon.

[quote name='sk8nob']Does anyone think Amazon would refund $10 on SMG2 because of this, or is this technically a sale price from Gamestop that Amazon can't control?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't refund anymore post release.

Doh! I should have waited and ordered SMG2 from GS instead of pre-ordering it from Amazon. I feel like I shouldn't pre-order games anymore because better deals occur soon after their release.

When do we get our other game credit? Will it be good online?

What if the game doesnt show that 20$ credit thing? I want to pick up one of the Pokemons but dont see the 20$ credit thing below it the way I did on Mario.

Picked up Mario thanks again Cheapy.

bread's done
Back