Frys: God of War III: Ultimate Edition (PS3) $80 + $30GC! (Possible PM @ BB for $50)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
God of War III: Ultimate Edition [PS3] - $79.80 + Bonus $30 Fry's Gift Card

21dhkbs.jpg

Best Deal!

Possible pm @ Best Buy for $49.80 YMMV!
Best Buy SKU # 9724314 (Store Locator)

Valid through 5/26 until 5/27.

As seen on LA Times Newspaper (CA)

http://www.frys.com/product/6085228

Last edited by a moderator:
will they give me $30 if i bought it 2 weeks for the same price at frys 25th anniversary sale? if not i'll probably return it and rebuy it

What the... Is it really that bad?

[quote name='phantomer']will they give me $30 if i bought it 2 weeks for the same price at frys 25th anniversary sale? if not i'll probably return it and rebuy it[/QUOTE]

Well, it should fit their low price guarantee, so you should be good at getting the gift card.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Wow, great price[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Definitely a great deal for the package at this time.

But I've gotta ask, is this the new "Cat Helmet"?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']it probably overstocked[/QUOTE]

Probably. Unless the inventory only have one or two in stock, otherwise, at this price, no one would go for standard edition.

Hmmm ... hard to say if this is worth it. The soundtrack was leaked and easy to find, the documentary is available for purchase on PSN and also can be found online in high def. That leaves the box, which has had mixed reviews on quality, the art book .... nice but small ... and the exclusive skins and arena. Hmmm ... it was a good game but didn't have much replay value to be honest ... not sure if this is a great deal or not, might go lower.

Don't get me wrong, the game is solid ... not quite as good as 2 but worth your time.

[quote name='etcrane']
Don't get me wrong, the game is solid ... not quite as good as 2 but worth your time.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. 2 will be very hard to top.
The box is decent quality. Nothing spectacular but very detailed.

FWIW, the UE game disc displays UE in the Main Menu and the extra challenge is packed in (not a download). You might get a UE disc from buying used w/o even knowing it...

[quote name='thunder_gamer']What the... Is it really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? This game is one of the highest rated PS3 games, possibly the best looking console game, and the most epic GOW game yet.

Dammit... I hate Fry's. Everything a Fry's deal is posted, it's OOS by the time I see it. And we don't have any Fry's around here (really wish we did though).

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Are you serious? This game is one of the highest rated PS3 games, possibly the best looking console game, and the most epic GOW game yet.[/QUOTE]

My comment was not directed at the game, I was directed at the Ultimate Edition, since it dropped price faster than the standard edition.

[quote name='karkyco']Going to PM at Best Buy in an hour or so...[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it goes.

crazy if you think BB will PM a gift card deal. Especially since you're already asking to do a PM based on viewing the internet (since I don't think this is in print?)

but I will say, good luck! ;) :D

[quote name='thunder_gamer']My comment was not directed at the game, I was directed at the Ultimate Edition, since it dropped price faster than the standard edition..[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, that makes sense. $100 for DLC and a box wasn't worth it.

[quote name='Serpentor']FWIW, the UE game disc displays UE in the Main Menu and the extra challenge is packed in (not a download). You might get a UE disc from buying used w/o even knowing it...[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. For the main menu to say Ultimate Edition, you have to have the DLC downloaded (it is an unlock code). I have the Ultimate Edition, but I beat the game twice before using the exclusive code and can confirm this.

[quote name='token2k6']crazy if you think BB will PM a gift card deal. Especially since you're already asking to do a PM based on viewing the internet (since I don't think this is in print?)

but I will say, good luck! ;) :D[/QUOTE]

It is in print...in the LA Times...

[quote name='supaet']Is this good in bay area frys?[/QUOTE]

This, more importantly has anyone seen any ultimate editions in bay area frys?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']This, more importantly has anyone seen any ultimate editions in bay area frys?[/QUOTE]

um, the one in San Jose has loads of them....well, from what I've seen last week.

[quote name='token2k6']crazy if you think BB will PM a gift card deal. Especially since you're already asking to do a PM based on viewing the internet (since I don't think this is in print?)

but I will say, good luck! ;) :D[/QUOTE]

When the 80gb ps3 metal gear bundles came out, I got BB to price match a 100 dollar gift card from Walmart, so I say good luck as well!....and I still have yet to play this game, maybe I'll borrow it from my friend this weekend....

This is good in Houston, and I saw about 6 at the Webster (Clear Lake Area) Fry's just a couple hours ago. I would've picked it up if I didn't already have the game. If any of you make it out there, make sure to check the boxes for damage, some are a bit sub-par.

Hmmm, not sure if I should get in on this. I can get GOW3 from Amazon right now for $35 and get another $10 credit. Fry's does sometimes have pretty good deals on games though, and if 3D Dot Game Heroes is still $35 there, I can get it for $5.

you do realize this isn't just the game itself though right? it's the Ultimate Edition and it's for those who waited for a price drop and/or who are collector's. I might get this..seems like a good deal really.

[quote name='intoxicated662']you do realize this isn't just the game itself though right? it's the Ultimate Edition and it's for those who waited for a price drop and/or who are collector's. I might get this..seems like a good deal really.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I couldn't tell by the title that says Ultimate Edition in it. I was wondering if the extra stuff is worth the extra money.

When to my local Fry's (Houston) and picked on up.
Never said anywhere about a giftcard in the store so I asked the cashier and sure enough it had it.
Had 6 left.

Went to frys yesterday, fountain valley.
They had it, but the wouldn't give me the gift card.
They said I had to buy "X" item in order to get the gc.
I told them I saw it in the ad, but they said it was part of a bundle I had to buy.
Lame..

[quote name='MrDenny']Went to frys yesterday, fountain valley.
They had it, but the wouldn't give me the gift card.
They said I had to buy "X" item in order to get the gc.
I told them I saw it in the ad, but they said it was part of a bundle I had to buy.
Lame..[/QUOTE]

What "X" item???!?? I was under the impression that u buy GOW UE, u get $30 gift card? no?

[quote name='agentghost']What "X" item???!?? I was under the impression that u buy GOW UE, u get $30 gift card? no?[/QUOTE]
They had it for the sales price, but the cashier wouldnt give me the gift card.
He said I had to purchase "X" item with it.
I ask what was "X" item, but he didn't know.
I didn't want to deal with the fuss, so I just left without buying it.

bread's done
Back