Gamestop 50% extra TIV for Mem. Day weekend (YMMV?)...lasts until sunday, not monday

[quote name='MacDaddyX12']I didn't see this on GS.com a few mins ago, or on the first 3 pages, so I'll just post it.

I just called my nearest GS store (Miami, FL) to confirm a TIV that hadnt been updated in the tracker for more than a month and the clerk told me that it "is 9 bucks without our extra 50% special, so it would be almost 14." I said "WAIT, what? You guys are doing a 50% extra special?" She told me it was this weekend only, so until sunday. And that with EDGE it goes up to 60%...

I felt warm and happy while geniunely saying THANK YOU to her.

Call your local stores to double check this great bump in TIV's!!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Mann and I just flipped some stuff two days ago... Lol hoping this a YMMV that doesn't apply to me so I won't feel like a fool

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Mann and I just flipped some stuff two days ago... Lol hoping this a YMMV that doesn't apply to me so I won't feel like a fool[/QUOTE]

You could have used last week's weekly coupon and returned SMG2 to the same effect.

[quote name='bob330i']You could have used last week's weekly coupon and returned SMG2 to the same effect.[/QUOTE]

Except you don't need to do that now, which is a convenience for a lot of people.

[quote name='bob330i']You could have used last week's weekly coupon and returned SMG2 to the same effect.[/QUOTE]

Yea I didn't know it would work like that anyways. I'd rather not have the hassle (i.e. This deal)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Yea I didn't know it would work like that anyways. I'd rather not have the hassle (i.e. This deal)[/QUOTE]

Of course but obviously, it's not nationwide or it would have been reported more widely.

You never know when the next deal will come and I wasn't going to wait to turn in my NSMB and get $40 for it. I paid ~$23 in previous credit for it. On top of that, I have 2 GS within 2 miles of work and 5 around my house. Minimal hassle for me.

I live in NYC and I can confirm the Bonus 50% TIV thru this Sunday.

Was gonna go buy some SSFIV (24.99 used) to flip with EDGE (base TIV $20) but the in-store price is still $34.99. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bh47']I live in NYC and I can confirm the Bonus 50% TIV thru this Sunday.

Was gonna go buy some SSFIV (24.99 used) to flip with EDGE (base TIV $20) but the in-store price is still $34.99. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so the special bonus has already started or Saturday?
Does Virginia count as the same region as NYC?

called my local store here in MD and no dice. guy picked up the phone mentioning the 30% bonus so when I asked about the 50% this weekend he had no idea what i was talking about...

I just called the EB Games in Woodbridge, NJ and they noted that only the ones in the Staten Island, NY area are running the additional 50% promotion with other stores in the area giving an extra 30%.

[quote name='espionage']called my local store here in MD and no dice. guy picked up the phone mentioning the 30% bonus so when I asked about the 50% this weekend he had no idea what i was talking about...[/QUOTE]
This is what happened to me only I'm in GA.

Why does everyone add percentages? If you want to get the net discount or added value, you have to multiply the percentages. 50% and an added 10% is an extra 55%, not 60%!

[quote name='MacDaddyX12']I didn't see this on GS.com a few mins ago, or on the first 3 pages, so I'll just post it.

I just called my nearest GS store (Miami, FL) to confirm a TIV that hadnt been updated in the tracker for more than a month and the clerk told me that it "is 9 bucks without our extra 50% special, so it would be almost 14." I said "WAIT, what? You guys are doing a 50% extra special?" She told me it was this weekend only, so until sunday. And that with EDGE it goes up to 60%...

I felt warm and happy while geniunely saying THANK YOU to her.

Call your local stores to double check this great bump in TIV's!!!! :bouncy:

EDIT: I called the three nearest stores to my zip code (33015) and they are all doing it, so it seems its not nationwide but maybe a regional or district thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallascowboys']Why does everyone add percentages? If you want to get the net discount or added value, you have to multiply the percentages. 50% and an added 10% is an extra 55%, not 60%![/QUOTE]

You add it because:

if you trade in $100 worth of games...

50% of $100 = $50
10% of $100 = $10

$50 + $10 = $60

$100 + bonus ($60) = $160

----------------------------------------------------------------------

$100 + 60% extra trade in = $160

Make sense? (percentages are taken from base trade-in price)

[quote name='dallascowboys']Why does everyone add percentages? If you want to get the net discount or added value, you have to multiply the percentages. 50% and an added 10% is an extra 55%, not 60%![/QUOTE]

Someone isn't very good at maths.

Most places, including Gamestop.com, will multiply the percentages but Gamestop B&M does it differently.

With Gamestop Edge in-store, you always save an additional 10% off the regular used price, or get an additional 10% of the base trade-in value, regardless of what other promotions may be going on. The only exception is on "...free" offers, as you won't get an additional discount on top of the free item.

BTW, your math is wrong. If this promo were working the way you claim, Edge would give an extra 10% on 150% = extra 65% total.

Only 30% here in Destin, Fl. Just traded in Heavy Rain. Saw the thread title and thought maybe it was for tomorrow and Monday or something. I was gonna be pissed!

I live in New York City, and my local Gamestop had a big banner outside for this deal, proclaiming it as "The Best Sale Ever", or something to that effect. Incidentally, this same GS was also running the B2G1 on used last week.

Just called my Gamestop in West New York, NJ. They said they are running the 50% promotion, have been for a while, and don't know when it's ending :\

Oh, and they said it wasn't for Memorial Day weekend. It's just something they've been doing.

[quote name='ninchaus']confirmed deal at westfield mall in San Jose CA:D[/QUOTE]

I called both oakridge and eastridge, but they are only doing the 30%. Which gamestop did you call exactly?

Confirmed in Palm Springs and both locations in Palm Desert. Hey, does anybody know if this includes older games such as PS2 or GameCube?

[quote name='Sancho1978']Only 30% here in Destin, Fl. Just traded in Heavy Rain. Saw the thread title and thought maybe it was for tomorrow and Monday or something. I was gonna be pissed![/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. Here I was getting ready for a trip into Destin tomorrow with a massive amount of trade-ins. Maybe I'll call Doug at the Pier Park Gamestop and check there.

Shame of it is the 50% is what it takes now to get their TIV's close to being good.. especially when games that are less than a month old have TIVs of $15 or less.

[quote name='chibamm']Anyone in the Chicagoland area confirm this?[/QUOTE]

No go in joliet, IL area....just south of chicago

[quote name='JohnLa101']I called both oakridge and eastridge, but they are only doing the 30%. Which gamestop did you call exactly?[/QUOTE]

confirmed valleyfair gamestop

i asked my bro to trade in for me, and was pleasantly surprise when I got the 50%. It even applied to the ps2 games. This was in westminster (orange county).

[quote name='tsth']Damn that sucks. Here I was getting ready for a trip into Destin tomorrow with a massive amount of trade-ins. Maybe I'll call Doug at the Pier Park Gamestop and check there.[/QUOTE]

Doug is awesome! Been meaning to go over to his store over there to say hello. That and I've never been to Pier Park.

bread's done
Back