Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop 50% extra TIV for Mem. Day weekend (YMMV?)...lasts until sunday, not monday

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 MacDaddyX12

MacDaddyX12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

I didn't see this on GS.com a few mins ago, or on the first 3 pages, so I'll just post it.

I just called my nearest GS store (Miami, FL) to confirm a TIV that hadnt been updated in the tracker for more than a month and the clerk told me that it "is 9 bucks without our extra 50% special, so it would be almost 14." I said "WAIT, what? You guys are doing a 50% extra special?" She told me it was this weekend only, so until sunday. And that with EDGE it goes up to 60%...

I felt warm and happy while geniunely saying THANK YOU to her.

Call your local stores to double check this great bump in TIV's!!!! :bouncy:

EDIT: I called the three nearest stores to my zip code (33015) and they are all doing it, so it seems its not nationwide but maybe a regional or district thing.

Edited by MacDaddyX12, 28 May 2010 - 08:06 PM.
More info

#2 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

I didn't see this on GS.com a few mins ago, or on the first 3 pages, so I'll just post it.

I just called my nearest GS store (Miami, FL) to confirm a TIV that hadnt been updated in the tracker for more than a month and the clerk told me that it "is 9 bucks without our extra 50% special, so it would be almost 14." I said "WAIT, what? You guys are doing a 50% extra special?" She told me it was this weekend only, so until sunday. And that with EDGE it goes up to 60%...

Mann and I just flipped some stuff two days ago... Lol hoping this a YMMV that doesn't apply to me so I won't feel like a fool

Posted Image

#3 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Mann and I just flipped some stuff two days ago... Lol hoping this a YMMV that doesn't apply to me so I won't feel like a fool

You could have used last week's weekly coupon and returned SMG2 to the same effect.

#4 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

can anyone confirm this at their location? i.e. NOT YMMV? I would be all over this!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

No go for me, I just called and its only the 30% at all my local stores.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

You could have used last week's weekly coupon and returned SMG2 to the same effect.

Except you don't need to do that now, which is a convenience for a lot of people.

#7 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yea I didn't know it would work like that anyways. I'd rather not have the hassle (i.e. This deal)

Posted Image

#8 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Yea I didn't know it would work like that anyways. I'd rather not have the hassle (i.e. This deal)

Of course but obviously, it's not nationwide or it would have been reported more widely.

You never know when the next deal will come and I wasn't going to wait to turn in my NSMB and get $40 for it. I paid ~$23 in previous credit for it. On top of that, I have 2 GS within 2 miles of work and 5 around my house. Minimal hassle for me.

#9 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

Just checked in Ohio and seems to be a no go here:(

#10 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

I live in NYC and I can confirm the Bonus 50% TIV thru this Sunday.

Was gonna go buy some SSFIV (24.99 used) to flip with EDGE (base TIV $20) but the in-store price is still $34.99. Damn.

Edited by bh47, 28 May 2010 - 09:12 PM.

My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#11 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

I live in NYC and I can confirm the Bonus 50% TIV thru this Sunday.

Was gonna go buy some SSFIV (24.99 used) to flip with EDGE (base TIV $20) but the in-store price is still $34.99. Damn.

Wait, so the special bonus has already started or Saturday?
Does Virginia count as the same region as NYC?

#12 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

called my local store here in MD and no dice. guy picked up the phone mentioning the 30% bonus so when I asked about the 50% this weekend he had no idea what i was talking about...
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#13 SenorWooSuavA

SenorWooSuavA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

I just called the EB Games in Woodbridge, NJ and they noted that only the ones in the Staten Island, NY area are running the additional 50% promotion with other stores in the area giving an extra 30%.

#14 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

called my local store here in MD and no dice. guy picked up the phone mentioning the 30% bonus so when I asked about the 50% this weekend he had no idea what i was talking about...

This is what happened to me only I'm in GA.

#15 Licasguy

Licasguy

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Confirmed in Homestead Fl, @ 927 N homestead Bl,

#16 dallascowboys

dallascowboys

How'BoutThemCowboys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

Why does everyone add percentages? If you want to get the net discount or added value, you have to multiply the percentages. 50% and an added 10% is an extra 55%, not 60%!

EDIT: I called the three nearest stores to my zip code (33015) and they are all doing it, so it seems its not nationwide but maybe a regional or district thing.

#17 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:38 AM

Why does everyone add percentages? If you want to get the net discount or added value, you have to multiply the percentages. 50% and an added 10% is an extra 55%, not 60%!

You add it because:

if you trade in $100 worth of games...

50% of $100 = $50
10% of $100 = $10

$50 + $10 = $60

$100 + bonus ($60) = $160

----------------------------------------------------------------------

$100 + 60% extra trade in = $160

Make sense? (percentages are taken from base trade-in price)

#18 DemonGamer24

DemonGamer24

Sniper, no sniping!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:55 AM

Someone isn't very good at maths.

#19 MacDaddyX12

MacDaddyX12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:10 AM

I know why he's saying it though, sometimes (I noticed it's usually with gamestop.com coupon stacks) it would be how he said. But in this case it's 50% extra tiv from the base...plus EDGE which always stacks and is calculated separately using the same base tiv. So a game they normally give 10 bucks for would be 10+(10*.5)+(10*.1)= 16 :)

#20 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:08 AM

Anyone know of this going on in the Chicagoland area?
Posted Image

#21 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:25 AM

I'm gonna give the Houston, TX area a called tomorrow and see.

#22 ninchaus

ninchaus

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:32 AM

confirmed deal at westfield mall in San Jose CA:D

#23 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

Most places, including Gamestop.com, will multiply the percentages but Gamestop B&M does it differently.

With Gamestop Edge in-store, you always save an additional 10% off the regular used price, or get an additional 10% of the base trade-in value, regardless of what other promotions may be going on. The only exception is on "...free" offers, as you won't get an additional discount on top of the free item.

BTW, your math is wrong. If this promo were working the way you claim, Edge would give an extra 10% on 150% = extra 65% total.

#24 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:27 AM

Someone isn't very good at maths.

Someone isn't very good at english. haha. Just joking demon gamer, it had to be done.

Wooo

#25 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

confirmed in Irvine CA
- StayFree( ' 3')

My selling thread...full of rare press only merch that you don't really need.

(gaming promos, posters, press kits, developer signed items, etc.)

#26 SolidSeminole

SolidSeminole

Bad Mamma Jamma

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

Only 30% here in Destin, Fl. Just traded in Heavy Rain. Saw the thread title and thought maybe it was for tomorrow and Monday or something. I was gonna be pissed!

uc.png

"I'm not cutting you down, I'm just carrying the axe."

#27 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

I live in New York City, and my local Gamestop had a big banner outside for this deal, proclaiming it as "The Best Sale Ever", or something to that effect. Incidentally, this same GS was also running the B2G1 on used last week.

#28 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

Just called my Gamestop in West New York, NJ. They said they are running the 50% promotion, have been for a while, and don't know when it's ending :\

Oh, and they said it wasn't for Memorial Day weekend. It's just something they've been doing.

#29 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Confirmed at the upper level Mall of America location in Bloomington, MN.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#30 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Not happening in Durham, NC. Bummer.