Buy Borderlands (360/PC), Get the Double Add-On Pack Free At Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_285.jpg[/rightimg]UPDATE: Dead
Buy the 360 version ($37.99) or PC version ($27.99) of Borderlands at Amazon, get the double game add-on pack for free. Add-on pack includes The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. Also comes with free $5 Amazon MP3 credit.

:360::ps3: Borderlands with Free Double Add-On Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculously awesome deal. I paid for two copies of the game and two copies of all of the DLC so that my wife and I could play on separate systems. I wouldn't let the $10 cost of Knoxx dissuade you from jumping on this.

As somebody who has sunk 82 hours into borderlands and wants to play more, I can easily recommend this deal to anyone who has any interest in the game and has at least one other buddy who would be in on it as well

[quote name='jkanownik']Ridiculously awesome deal. I paid for two copies of the game and two copies of all of the DLC so that my wife and I could play on separate systems. I wouldn't let the $10 cost of Knoxx dissuade you from jumping on this.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and your wife sounds awesome

Damn. I've been waiting on a Borderlands deal for a minute. I pulled the trigger on the discounted Zombie Island DLC a while back on Live so I still need the other 2. But with all the other recent new release price drops I can't believe this game is still this pricey! The best game of 2009 people! :)

Oh, man - that's a great deal for all y'all that missed Borderlands and Add-On Pack 1...

I loved BL and Zombie Island (PC)...

[quote name='Ratfoot']Quite a deal, just wish the double pack had General Knox instead of Mad Moxxi.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I just want another Add-On Pack released w/ General Knoxx and hopefully another new DLC...

[quote name='jkanownik']Ridiculously awesome deal. I paid for two copies of the game and two copies of all of the DLC so that my wife and I could play on separate systems. I wouldn't let the $10 cost of Knoxx dissuade you from jumping on this.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just buy 1 add on disc and download it to the hard drive of both 360's?

Damn, not valid for the PS3 >.>

This is the best deal I've seen. A month or so ago they had another one, but it was the game for $36.99 plus a $10 video game credit, but the DLCs are worth almost $20 (that's if you were planning to eventually buy it).

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Damn, not valid for the PS3 >.>.[/QUOTE]
Of course not, there is no Double Pack for the PS3.

Thanks! I sold the game shortly after I beat it when it first came out to plan on waiting for a GOTY edition but this deal is good enough. Something to use my Red Dead $20 credit on, too. Now I just gotta wait for a Deal of the Week on General Knox. :)

[quote name='firemedic1343']Couldn't you just buy 1 add on disc and download it to the hard drive of both 360's?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he bought it all off the dashboard before they released it on the disc.

[quote name='firemedic1343']Couldn't you just buy 1 add on disc and download it to the hard drive of both 360's?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, not sure why he did that, maybe didn't know.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Yes you can, not sure why he did that, maybe didn't know.[/QUOTE]

He probably bought the DLC before it came out on disc, in which case you would've had to buy it twice to put it on two different systems.

[quote name='BingoBrown']He probably bought the DLC before it came out on disc, in which case you would've had to buy it twice to put it on two different systems.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried with DLC, but if it works like the arcade games, he can just buy it with his gamertag on her console (or vice versa) and then he can download it again on his own. My boyfriend and I used to do this all the time for XBLA games before we lived together.

Anybody who never picked this game up should jump on this deal, totally worth it. Moxxi is garbage compared to the other two addons, but the retail game and Zombie Island still makes that a great deal.

Dammit CAG! I won't eat for another night! I'm in for Borderlands and the Double Add-On pack for $16.99 with my $20 credit from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Wish there was a GOTY edition with all 3 add-ons though...

I google'd for the GOTY edition. No news of it, and there is a probability of more Borderlands DLC, so I'm not expecting a GOTY edition for quite a while, if ever. Also, I think GOTY editions actually require winning a GOTY award from somewhere. Fable 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Left 4 Dead, Batman AA, and all the other GOTY editions I know of have at least won a GOTY award from some publication or something....

If I remember, the next DLC will be the bigger than any of the others released so far. I wish they'd eventually package it all together!

My SMG2 credit is getting used right here. I've been wanting to play this for awhile, and for the $17 after credit, this is an insane deal. This has been a great past two months to be a gamer. Well, maybe not for our wallets or for clearing backlogs. I'll have to throw this in the pile next to the Splinter Cell C.E. copy I ordered for half price the other day.

Oh so there's more DLC coming out? I think I can hold out for a GOTY edition. Seems like a given for any of these games with multiple DLC packs.

I ended up getting the PC version of the base game for free (amazon credit) and I loved it but I hate the DRM on the add ons. I'm almost tempted to grab the 360 version through this deal since the 360's DRM is much more relaxed.

This is a decent deal. My friends have all recently gotten into Borderlands and what I did for them was order the game used on GS with coupons $21-25 shipped (depends on coupon), then we passed around the Double Pack (bought used from GS), then returned it.

Zombie Island is a good addon. Moxxi is somewhat crappy - you do get access to a storage bank (very useful early), and you can get 2 more skill points by doing the small challenge on playthru 1/2. The big tourneys are a :bomb: tho, taking about 4-5 hours each, with no save points and you only get an achievement for it. No experience/levels/proficiency/skill points. Well, actually it adds to your challenge totals, so you can score some bonus exp but that's pushing it.

I would guess eventually a "super" Borderlands will come out with all addons but this depends heavily on when the next dlc comes out. If you are on the fence you might as well get in on this. But do yourself a favor and grab some cheap copies of the basic game for your friends. This game is MUCH better with buddies. And with the Double Pack you have $20 worth of DLC incentive for them to play as well.

-

in. I already got a copy of borderlands but can always gift to a friend or sell it. the add on I'm wondering if I should open it, install, then sell or just sell it (I can always GS the add on)

Even though Borderlands was nominated for some GotY awards, I still think it was one of the most underrated games last year. I really love this game and have not yet even touched the co-op, which I hear is the best part about it. I used a $10 code from GS to buy the dlc used, and Zombie Island is pretty cool.

Can't wait for a deal on Secret Armory & whatever the next dlc is!

[quote name='Ratfoot']Quite a deal, just wish the double pack had General Knox instead of Mad Moxxi.[/QUOTE]

This.

Moxxi was a joke.

Without exaggeration, my favorite game on any console this generation. It's fanfuckingtastic! I adore the aesthetic, the ambiance, and of course, the guns man!!! And online is just too much fun. Too bad I don't have any real life friends who are gamers, so I end up getting grouped with random people...but still, SO SO GREAT!

Just to add, I had purchased Borderlands (for 360) this past Wednesday due to peer pressure and getting tired of seeing everyone else playing it and being too impatient for a deal... I called CustServ, and since my order was too far along to update, they gave me a $19.96 credit to apply toward it as a separate purchase.

[quote name='Geoffrey42']Just to add, I had purchased Borderlands (for 360) this past Wednesday due to peer pressure and getting tired of seeing everyone else playing it and being too impatient for a deal... I called CustServ, and since my order was too far along to update, they gave me a $19.96 credit to apply toward it as a separate purchase.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Grats.

Still on the fence on this one. But I know I'll kick myself if I let it pass.

I like FPSes (playing a lot of L4D/L4D2/MW2 of late), like RPGs (though I don't play them anywhere near as much as when I was a kid...not really into the whole skill-point allocation thing anymore), and loot, well, who doesn't like that?

I wish they had a demo on XBL I could check out...

[quote name='eugaet']Still on the fence on this one. But I know I'll kick myself if I let it pass.

I like FPSes (playing a lot of L4D/L4D2/MW2 of late), like RPGs (though I don't play them anywhere near as much as when I was a kid...not really into the whole skill-point allocation thing anymore), and loot, well, who doesn't like that?

I wish they had a demo on XBL I could check out...[/QUOTE]

You are making a huge mistake. This game is much better than any of the games you listed. Believe me, it's SO SO SO worth it. It's great, and the 10 hour add-ons make it that much better.

really tempted to grab this with some game credit i have built up, but this is not a good time of year to play games on my pc.. my computer room doesn't get much a/c coverage. hmmmm

Is the add-on disk like past DLC disks?

Where I can buy it, then pass it among my friends and we can all put it in our hard drives?

That way we all split the cost and we don't have to spend $20 each?

bread's done
Back