New Wii $149.99 Best Buy ONLINE

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!
I just noticed that the original SKU Wii seems to now be $149.99 @ Best Buy online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...e&skuId=8008559&productId=1156203165702&h=387

You won't see the price until it's in the cart, but it's there.

Granted it wouldn't come w/ the Wii Motion+ & Wii Sports Resort, but for those that don't care or don't care that it isn't the newer black model, this is a pretty good deal on a brand new Wii.

Those of you shuffling around BB gift cards/credit may want to jump on this.

Just picked one up, make it hotter with 10% Bing cashback (search for microwave). $150 out the door for a new Wii! But I will wait until after E3 to see how I feel about it, I bet there's a new model coming later this year...

[quote name='J7.']Still too much! Not till it's $50 will I get it. Decent deal though.[/QUOTE]

Keep on trolling, trolly.

That's a great price.

Pair this with a Nyko Action Pak on clearance at your local Kmart for $19.99, add a couple of Nunchucks, and your good to go.

Of course as CheeseKnight28 said, if you can wait until after E3 we might see an official price drop--let's hope post E3 cheapness includes Wii Motion Plus.

Nice price...Wii may have gotten alot of backlash in the last couple of years but when you got some friends or family over, nothing can top the Wii.

It's fun to troll, but it's had some solid software as of late, I bought mine for Tri and got more than a few games along the way, haven't regretted it. Probably sunk the most time into it this year outside of the PC.

To the trolling dude above though, change your avatar, you cannot troll anything with a Heavy Rain avatar. You can't critique a diner while eating a handful of feces.

[quote name='J7.']Still too much! Not till it's $50 will I get it. Decent deal though.[/QUOTE]

nobody cares what your price point is.

seriously.

NOBODY.

Seems like they're clearing out all the old stock that is without Wii Resort/Motion Plus. Motion plus is only $20 retail and I doubt anyone would lose sleep over the loss of Resort so it's a pretty solid deal.

And 10% BCB huh? Pretty much makes it tax-free...

[quote name='confoosious']nobody cares what your price point is.

seriously.

NOBODY.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to buy it until it's ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Amazon still offers the black wii, motion plus and wii sport resort included, and a $30 gift card. Free shipping and no tax for some.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until after E3 myself to decide what to do about the DS situation as well. I wanna know what kinda capabilities the 3DS will have as well as of course software lineup...which is most important. That combined w/ the Zelda Wii...& this E3 for Nintendo could be pretty damn awesome.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Not the black model? I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Got jungle fever? Once you go black you don't go back...

I must admit that I'm gonna wait to have enough credit or money saved up to get a Black Wii. I had a launch Wii & a PS3, but sold them because I was playing more PC games.

However w/ all of these awesome Wii game deals lately...and more kick ass first party Nintendo titles, I need to get another Wii.

[quote name='blahtastic']Nice price...Wii may have gotten alot of backlash in the last couple of years but when you got some friends or family over, nothing can top the Wii.[/QUOTE]
I don't let other people touch my systems let alone even step in my room.

Still it's gotten much better exclusives than PS3 over the last 4 years, that platform might as well be dead. I'm just not interested in movies pretending to be video games & selling far more than ACTUAL GAMES like Yakuza & Demons' Souls, makes me sick.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Got jungle fever? Once you go black you don't go back..[/QUOTE]
Electronics look better when their black or gray. Following Apple & making them white was a disgusting move. Then again, they still need to get rid of the glossy crap as well & go back to matte but I guess making them black is good enough.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey just wandering ...... What are the chances that a new Wii will be announced within 2-3 years ?[/QUOTE]

Fairly high. I wouldn't expect it this E3 - 3DS is probably their big thing - but probably the next E3.

I would recommend getting a Wii anyway, especially since Mario Galaxy 2 just came out and it's FANTASTIC. I think I own more Wii games than 360 or PS3, not because I don't like the others, but because the Wii has more variety. You can't play games like Little King's Story or Trauma Center on 360/PS3.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Fairly high. I wouldn't expect it this E3 - 3DS is probably their big thing - but probably the next E3.

I would recommend getting a Wii anyway, especially since Mario Galaxy 2 just came out and it's FANTASTIC. I think I own more Wii games than 360 or PS3, not because I don't like the others, but because the Wii has more variety. You can't play games like Little King's Story or Trauma Center on 360/PS3.[/QUOTE]

I agree...the Wii has tons of shovelware needless to say...however there are quite a few gems here & there. A lot of them can be had pretty cheap on Amazon.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']
Electronics look better when their black or gray. Following Apple & making them white was a disgusting move. Then again, they still need to get rid of the glossy crap as well & go back to matte but I guess making them black is good enough.[/QUOTE]

I agree...even the packaging for the black Wii is so damn sexy! :drool:

LOL

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']It's the "old" white Wii tho without Sports resort?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is the older version without sports resort....the newer one with sports resort has a different item number and is showing up at $200

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey just wandering ...... What are the chances that a new Wii will be announced within 2-3 years ?[/QUOTE]

high to definite.

[quote name='Plinko']Keep on trolling, trolly.[/QUOTE]

I said it was a decent deal for others, just not a deal for me personally. Plus I was being humorous about it, not trying to say Wii is bad in general. Calm yourself.

[quote name='Meringue']It's fun to troll, but it's had some solid software as of late, I bought mine for Tri and got more than a few games along the way, haven't regretted it. Probably sunk the most time into it this year outside of the PC.

To the trolling dude above though, change your avatar, you cannot troll anything with a Heavy Rain avatar. You can't critique a diner while eating a handful of feces.[/QUOTE]

You think Wii is a diner and Heavy Rain is feces... that's just plain fanboyism.

[quote name='confoosious']nobody cares what your price point is.

seriously.

NOBODY.[/QUOTE]
Whoa calm down there.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I don't let other people touch my systems let alone even step in my room.

Still it's gotten much better exclusives than PS3 over the last 4 years, that platform might as well be dead. I'm just not interested in movies pretending to be video games & selling far more than ACTUAL GAMES like Yakuza & Demons' Souls, makes me sick.
[/QUOTE]

Now this is real trolling. Thinking Wii has much better exclusives, PS3 is dead as a platform, and that games like Heavy Rain aren't real video games makes me sick. So there you go.

[quote name='J7.']I said it was a decent deal for others, just not a deal for me personally. Plus I was being humorous about it, not trying to say Wii is bad in general. Calm yourself.

You think Wii is a diner and Heavy Rain is feces... that's just plain fanboyism.

Whoa calm down there.

Now this is real trolling. Thinking Wii has much better exclusives, PS3 is dead as a platform, and that games like Heavy Rain aren't real video games makes me sick. So there you go.[/QUOTE]

LOL... for me between the 2 systems it depends on what mood I'm in.

I figure if I don't even have enough time to play all the games I have for the sytems I have I will just wait until I can get Wii cheap, that is what I meant. Tends to happen to me with one system each gen. Xbox last gen. Not saying Wii sucks. Wii has a number of great games worth getting the system for, just like almost every system.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Maybe THIS is what my $120 gift card from flipping is supposed to go toward.[/QUOTE]

Seems like fate. Go for it.

I'm still debating the black Wii. I got rid of a white wii a while back. Ugh, white consoles...

How much further do you expect it to drop? Isnt nintendo still making profit from the Wii? I got this back in november w/ the bing cashback from dell for just over $140.
Personally, the color of a system, black or white isnt a big deal to me. As long as it doesnt crap out and require repairs like my 360

I'll be honest my Wii had been collecting dust for a few months, but thats also my fault in not buying games, but for parties with friends and family over especially kids its great for entertainment

[quote name='rly723']How much further do you expect it to drop? Isnt nintendo still making profit from the Wii?[/QUOTE]
It'll be a $50 drop, to match what you're seeing now. The reason BB is dropping the price now is to generate sales for themselves before everyone has it for that price. The writing has been on the wall for a while now anyways, with constant $30 credits or sub-200 prices.

I bought a Wii back when it first came out. I played it twice - Legend of Zelda - whatever the first one was. I hated it. I ended up selling it to my wife's boss for her kids. Even with the craploads of GS credit I have sitting there, I think about buying a Wii and then think "Why???". I can never come up with an answer good enough to convince myself.

Just PMed it at another store and got the new white bundle(w/Wii Sports Resort+motion stuff) for $154 out the door. :D

[quote name='dabamus']Just PMed it at another store and got the new white bundle(w/Wii Sports Resort+motion stuff) for $154 out the door. :D[/QUOTE]

what store?

[quote name='crazedracerguy'] I think about buying a Wii and then think "Why???". I can never come up with an answer good enough to convince myself.[/QUOTE]

i think it would be the wii shop channel. wii is for old people, you can get turbo grafx games or import snes games. of course you can do similar things on the xbox and ps3, final fantasy 7 or castlevania sotn. but meh, that would be the reason for me to get a Wii: the shop channel.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']How did you convince them that what Best Buy was offering was in fact the same system as what you got?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to. I had print outs of the cart on BB.com showing the Nintendo Wii at $150, and a printout of the inventory checker page that showed the closest BB as having it in stock.

I asked if they had the bundle with Wii Sports Resort and the guy went into the back and got the serial number for one(he thought it was the bundle I wanted, but we'll get to that in a second) and rang it up then did the price match. I went to the stock pickup area and found out that they gave him the wrong one, so they cancelled out the original order and SN, and rerang it with a Wii Sports Resort bundle.

All in all, so far I have paid $224 between the Wii at Sears and the Wii Fit Plus bundle off CL and I just need We Ski to complete my bundle that I am giving my mum. :)

[quote name='Jodou']Incoming E3 price drop guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me BBY is just clearing out stock of the old SKU. Since no one is going to buy that at $200 when they can get all the extras in the new bundle.

That may be true that Best Buy is clearing out old stock. But Nintendo also released the black wii a month before E3. So I could see them offering a price drop just because they got a bunch of early adopters to buy now. Though I don't think it would be fifty, but something like $20.

Pricematch FTW! Called my local BB, spoke with a rep, she tried to do an order for in-store pickup, didn't work, offered to ring it up @ $149.99! I'm happy :D

bread's done
Back