Photo
- - - - -

Kinect - Gen. Info & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1422 replies to this topic

#1021 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Buy Fruit Ninja Kinect. That is easily the best Kinect game I've played. I have not played The Gunstringer except for the demo. I'll pick it up at some point, though. I suppose you might as well get The Gunstringer at this point, with freebie Fruit Ninja Kinect. Kinect Sports is good too, as is Child of Eden.

#1022 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

So I just picked up a Kinect, set it up, and was wondering what everyone's favorite games were.

dance central, kinect sports, fruit ninja, child of eden is good only had a chance to play it a little bit though

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1023 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Kinect Adventures comes with the Kinect, of course. That's really good, as is Kinect Sports. Did yours come with a download code for Child of Eden? That's a great pickup.

Nah I bought mine used, so no KA. But I only paid 85, so I'm ok with that.

#1024 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

l2qLdaTr3n0

Why can't they ever use real people instead of models in these videos? Ah well. I like the music.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1025 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

I hope there's a part where you get to eat a shitload of pancakes, just like the real Michael Phelps.

#1026 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Jeez that was fast, Matt!

If the game character needs to get high, maybe they could just have the visuals go all psychedelic like Yellow Submarine or something.

-Paul Acevedo

#1027 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

You don't have to be high to enjoy a shitload of pancakes, Paul. Same deal as you and your ice cream. :-P

Been catching up on some threads in this forum and I saw your post right away.

#1028 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Why can't they ever use real people instead of models in these videos? Ah well. I like the music.

Aw, when I saw "The Stroke" in the video still, I was hoping for Billy Squier.

I guess the game is all right if you like swimming and don't want to...ya know, actually go swimming, lol. The music and announcer make it sound like some kind of futuristic arcade racer though. I feel like it should be called "F-Zero: Michael Phelps", haha.

#1029 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

That certainly looks craptastic.

#1030 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

That certainly looks craptastic.

What's this you speak of? Hope some of the previous Kinect games go on sale or cheaper. Missed the gamefly night sale the other night.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1031 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Any after thoughts on Gunstringer? Really tempted to get this one but there is so much good stuff this fall.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#1032 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

EastX told me it's the best Kinect game yet. I'm basically in the same boat as you, with all these huge games being released.

#1033 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

Well, I finally played the demo and Gunstringer is damn fun. Not sure if I'll get it now or pick it up later on, maybe after a price drop.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#1034 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Well, I finally played the demo and Gunstringer is damn fun. Not sure if I'll get it now or pick it up later on, maybe after a price drop.

I did post my review only one page back. You should read that too. Little known-fact: people who read my reviews are happier, smell better, and live longer. :D

-Paul Acevedo

#1035 Speccy48k

Speccy48k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

was curious about this, the demo was interesting with the different modes but still on the fence with this. Too many titles at the moment to decide.

#1036 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

I did post my review only one page back. You should read that too. Little known-fact: people who read my reviews are happier, smell better, and live longer. :D

Ha! You got it Eastx. I apologize for my laziness.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#1037 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Finally got around to trying out the demo for Gunstringer today and really liked it. Maybe I'll pick it up on Black Friday.

#1038 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

I'm not seeing a review, just general impressions. How long is the Gunstringer? That's the only thing that has me hesitant given it's XBLA origins. Fruit Ninja softens the blow but if it is two $10 XBLA games it still doesn't justify a $40 SRP.

#1039 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:27 AM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1011 <-- page 51 :P

Co-Optimus Gunstringer review

It's a similar length to Child of Eden. 4 hours or so to just finish the levels, but many additional hours to get gold medals on them and unlock stuff. The production values, including live-action cinemas all over the place and constant narration, would never be possible on XBLA. Also, the downloadable Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (30-40 minutes long and very silly) and Fruit Ninja make it an even better value.

-Paul Acevedo

#1040 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:41 AM

I actually have an extra Fruit Ninja Kinect code.

If anyone has like, 400 points from Bing or something I'd be willing to part with it.

seanr1221.png

#1041 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

Diabolical Pitch - Grasshopper Manufacture new XBLA Kinect game

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1042 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

Oh yeah, here's my article about Diabolical Pitch:

Diabolical Pitch will strike out monsters with the power of Kinect

-Paul Acevedo

#1043 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

And my Leedmees review is live:

Co-Optimus Leedmees Review

Remember, it's an XBLA Kinect game from Konami. I would not trust IGN's review on this game...

-Paul Acevedo

#1044 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I just got the Kinect, but don't have enough room to play it. I got the Zoom and it helps a little- but not too much. I can now play Child of Eden though, so that's sweet. Fruit Ninja doesn't work well. Blah...

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#1045 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

Alright, time for some more impressions on kinect stuff..

Gun Stringer - Its a fun game but the controls are too rough imo. Flicking my hand has to be done rather harshly to get the gun to shoot, and fighting the first boss i got hit many, many times moving left/right to shoot. It was quite frustrating. Its a fun game overall but maybe at 10 dollars at most, retail is pure rip off imo.

Fruit Ninja - Still fun, been playing it here and there and having a good time with it. Thinking about the DLC..

Penguins of Madagascar - Avoid if you are over 8 years old. Its a mindless game thats SORTA fun but its as repetitive as it gets. Controls pretty poorly also.

Nickelodeon MLB - I was expecting this to be horrific, but its rather fun. The pitching is really fun in fact. Batting is pretty awful tho. Worth a rent i'd say.

Burnout Crash - Horrible controls with kinect. Wouldnt waste my time with it. Awful.

Hole in the Wall - Worst game ive ever played in my life. Atari 2600 is GOTG in comparison to this. AVOID EVEN LOOKING AT IT.

Rise of Nightmare - Controls really well and was rather fun to boot. I am going to try and finish it before sending it back.

#1046 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

I'm also considering the Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC since I finished up the last of the achievements the other day. Definitely a fun game. Regarding Gun Stringer - that's what I felt about the controls with the demo. i wasn't really that happy with how it controlled. I'll probably pick it up at some point, but yeah, I'll wait for it to drop.

#1047 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Xbox has the mobile kinect booth set up at Mall of America. I played several games.

Dance Central 2 - played one song solo and one song in a dance battle, the 2 player works REALLY good

Kinect Sports 2 - only got to play tennis, it felt like a VERY early build cause it didn't feel as good as table tennis in KS1

Star Wars Kinect - did the rancor scene, lol this game is a broken pos, we'll see if they ever get it to be fun

They also had the Disney kinect game but we didn't have time for it yesterday. Also for doing the demos they gave my wife and I each 480 points (enough for a HD movie download it said on the card) and 1 month code for xbox live.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1048 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

And my Leedmees review is live:

Co-Optimus Leedmees Review

Remember, it's an XBLA Kinect game from Konami. I would not trust IGN's review on this game...

I would not trust your review on this game :-P

It's not the best idea for a Kinect arcade game, but it is decent and somewhat enjoyable. No kinect game is perfect. You'll either get tired fast/easily or the motion controls don't work properly.

I will wait on Gunstringer to go on sale for less than $15 probably, felt like an xbla game to me and the controls aren't so responsive. Still waiting to try out Haunted. Hole in the wall was okay, but for children who will do silly things and it's just like the game show so don't know why anyone would expect differently.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1049 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Besides Kinect Fun Labs, and Video Kinect- what are other free Kinect downloads?

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#1050 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I would not trust your review on this game :-P

It's not the best idea for a Kinect arcade game, but it is decent and somewhat enjoyable. No kinect game is perfect. You'll either get tired fast/easily or the motion controls don't work properly.

That's cold, dude. I do have patience for a few Kinect quirks (I love Kinect after all), but that only goes so far. You didn't experience the issues I described? Both of my co-op partners certainly did, and they hated the game worse than me.

-Paul Acevedo