1422 replies to this topic

#1051 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1011 <-- page 51 :P

Co-Optimus Gunstringer review

It's a similar length to Child of Eden. 4 hours or so to just finish the levels, but many additional hours to get gold medals on them and unlock stuff. The production values, including live-action cinemas all over the place and constant narration, would never be possible on XBLA. Also, the downloadable Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (30-40 minutes long and very silly) and Fruit Ninja make it an even better value.

Thanks. Just pulled the trigger. Should have it in a week.

#1052 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

That's cold, dude. I do have patience for a few Kinect quirks (I love Kinect after all), but that only goes so far. You didn't experience the issues I described? Both of my co-op partners certainly did, and they hated the game worse than me.

Nope, hole in the wall however was eh on the sucky side. I've played several kinect games and very few are enjoyable. For those games to be budget games of $10 kinect arcade titles I didn't expect much but Leedmees was fun for us but after awhile, you get tired and does get repetitive. We still enjoy playing Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and the occasional YS: Fe.

Still wanting to see more footage of Haunted, wanna see if it's going to be a decent xbla kinect game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1053 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

anyone who buys a Kinect new, PM me before you use your Child of Eden code

#1054 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

I had no idea that the version of Child of Eden that came with Kinect was a code. Just nabbed a code off ebay for $8 shipped.

#1055 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

I had no idea that the version of Child of Eden that came with Kinect was a code. Just nabbed a code off ebay for $8 shipped.

yeah but i am boycotting ebay lol

#1056 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

yeah but i am boycotting ebay lol

lol I haven't bought anything there in seems like a year. Totally worth it to not mess with a disc.

#1057 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

I love ebay =( Ive been using it a lot lately, lots of good deals to be had.

#1058 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

I love ebay because I sold my Gears 3 Savage Kantus character skin there for $29.95. ;)

Anyone try the demo of Forza 4 yet? Does the demo include Kinect Head tracking support? How well does it work? I plan to download the demo tonight and should try it out tomorrow night, but wouldn't mind hearing early adopter impressions.

EDIT: I was just told that Kinect head tracking isn't in the demo. What? Why not?

Edited by crunchewy, 03 October 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Crunchewy.png

#1059 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm assuming it is because the demo download would be obnoxiously large.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1060 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

I'm assuming it is because the demo download would be obnoxiously large.

Would Kinect head tracking really add that much to the file size? It seems to me that the big stuff is all graphics, sounds, textures and things like that. Perhaps it would be a huge addition, but I don't know, that just seems pretty unlikely to me. I guess we'll have to wait for the full release to find out how well it works.

Crunchewy.png

#1061 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Would Kinect head tracking really add that much to the file size? It seems to me that the big stuff is all graphics, sounds, textures and things like that. Perhaps it would be a huge addition, but I don't know, that just seems pretty unlikely to me. I guess we'll have to wait for the full release to find out how well it works.

Spoiler: Its going to be gimmicky and crappy.

#1062 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Damn, thanks for the heads up! :applause: I was hoping to get a physical copy for less than 20. But, this will do!

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#1063 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Damn, thanks for the heads up! :applause: I was hoping to get a physical copy for less than 20. But, this will do!

No sweat. I do find it ironic that a digital version is essentially so we can be lazy and not mess with a disc, yet it's a game designed for Kinect and gets you moving.

#1064 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

yeah Im trying to find one

#1065 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Played some more kinect games.

Wipeout - This is actually a lot more entertaining then it has any right to be, especially with a fun crowd. I am looking forward to part 2 which is due out soon.

Just Dance 3 - Kinect game of the century. 4-player at the same time works, tested it tonight, its so much more about fun and having a good time then Dance Central is. In fact, i put on DC right after JD3 and got some boo's from people over, they all hated DC because its like a dance sim vs a game to have fun and get scored on your dancing. I know it only tracks your hands, but the game is just plain fun. The song selection is a lot better imo as well, with tons of genres to pick from and some crazy mash ups. I am gonna need a lot of DLC for this!

Sesame Street once upon a monster - This is barely a game, more a interactive book for kids. Really awful for anyone other then the intended audience.

I might have forgotten what else i played, but thats what i remember for now.

#1066 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

I think Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster is just fantastic. It's the perfect game to play together with young kids. But if you don't have kids or a love of Sesame Street, it would indeed be a poor choice.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1067 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Just Dance 3 - Kinect game of the century. 4-player at the same time works, tested it tonight, its so much more about fun and having a good time then Dance Central is. In fact, i put on DC right after JD3 and got some boo's from people over, they all hated DC because its like a dance sim vs a game to have fun and get scored on your dancing. I know it only tracks your hands, but the game is just plain fun. The song selection is a lot better imo as well, with tons of genres to pick from and some crazy mash ups. I am gonna need a lot of DLC for this!

Dance Central > Just Dance 3. It is fun knowing we can dick off most moves and still have it register so people don't feel like they are faiiling. But that is also it's downfall for me. Not to mention the terrible song choices. A handful are good, the rest range from terrible covers to snooze to what the Fuck. Halloween, Really!?!? Dance Central 2 can't come sooner.

#1068 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

remember for now.

I may pick this up. I felt DC song were garbage myself. I like the list that this has. My Kids would enjoy this more as well. ( I know Just Dance for Kids 2 will be out soon)
Not sure what to think of DC 2... wait and see...

#1069 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

I want to like D.C., but I can't get past the awful pop music in it. Going to have to check out the song list for Just Dance 3. I actually didn't care for it on the Wii (well, JD1), because it seemed completely arbitrary in scoring due to it not tracking very well and I found that aggravating. Hopefully Kinect does a better job of tracking it. Just enough to make it fun for somebody that likes the scoring, and not so much that it because unfun for my kids. Plus I know my kids liked Just Dance, and certainly have absolutely no interested in Dance Central, so Just Dance gets the nod.

Crunchewy.png

#1070 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

As posted in the Dance Central thread.... I got Dance Central 2 this week as I'm reviewing it next week.

2-player is fantastic - you can play any song in multiplayer without picking a separate multiplayer mode, and both people get to use their own profiles and earn Achievements. The workout mode seems a lot better and has a lot of Achievements to keep you coming back to it. Menu navigation is much better, with the option to use a controller (YES!) or voices in addition to the already solid motion controls. Anyone who liked part 1 will love 2 as it fixes almost all of the first game's problems.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1071 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

I just wish they'd make a version of Dance Central that had Konami's idea of dance music in it. I may be in the minority on this. Unfortunately their dance game wasn't so great. Hopefully their next Kinect game, I forget the name, will be better. I believe it's being touted as more of a general rhythm game, not so much specifically simulating dance. That sounds good to me.

Crunchewy.png

#1072 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

if dc had music like that konami dance game in it it'd fail hard

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1073 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

if dc had music like that konami dance game in it it'd fail hard

DDR lasted quite a long time with Konami's music. Still going even. They created a niche market and it worked for them. It wouldn't outsell DC, but it wouldn't have to. Myself, I prefer Konami's wonky music, which is not the same as saying that I like to listen to the music separately. I don't, and thankfully I also don't hear it at the grocery store, passing radios, Wendy's, etc. :)

Crunchewy.png

#1074 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

they still make ddr games?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1075 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

I picked up Child of Eden via code (eBay) and I'm not digging it as a Kinect title, but it's ok with a controller. Clearly this should have been a download title but I suppose I'm late to the party with that opinion.

Any other games available via codes besides this, Halo and Alan Wake?
Posted Image

#1076 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

I picked up Child of Eden via code (eBay) and I'm not digging it as a Kinect title, but it's ok with a controller. Clearly this should have been a download title but I suppose I'm late to the party with that opinion.

Any other games available via codes besides this, Halo and Alan Wake?

Lego Star Wars III comes with the 320 GB hard drive.

-Paul Acevedo

#1077 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

DC 2 review....
Posted in the DC thread as well.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1200114p1.html

#1078 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

IGN reviews:

Sesame Street: once Upon a Monster
Just Dance 3

Note that players 2-4 don't earn Achievements in Just Dance 3 (unlike the Dance Central games and even Sesame Street), which is pretty lame.

-Paul Acevedo

#1079 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

This might have been answered before with this thread but can anyone vouch for the Kinect Zoom? Don't really have enough space where I'm at now.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1080 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

some say it's great some say it's garbage

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ