Kinect - Gen. Info & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1422 replies to this topic

#1411 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the great insight! Yeah we will definitely be sticking with it. My wife and I have lost a combined 150 lbs since the end of March doing nothing but at home/outdoor stuff. Looking for something to change things up a little. I like the way the UFC Trainer sounds as I have done some of the P90X stuff and we have been intrigued by Insanity. May just go the UFC Route.

Edited by Only One Haze, 08 December 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#1412 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I have the Beach Insanity videos! If you can handle those easily, then you can definitely handle UFC easily.

The big difference is P90X and Insanity get their work in with a lot of jumping exercises. That's not the strength of the UFC workouts. There are tons of core exercises in UFC though. So your hamstrings up to your chest get worked hard.

#1413 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Played Fruit Ninja Kinect for first time in a while. Great game, but the calibration or lack thereof sure can be frustrating. My son and I must have been trying for 10 minutes to try to get the damn game to recalibrate for him because he was too close when it first calibrated. Also the game is tricky to play 2 player if people are different sizes. I hope the next Kinect comes up with a fix for that.

The 8-bit shadow, blade and theme are cool, but it's a total crock that you have to pay for those.

#1414 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Kinect Party will be free at launch (Dec 18th), through Dec 31st!

http://majornelson.c...marketplace-21/

#1415 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Kinect Party will be free at launch (Dec 18th), through Dec 31st!

http://majornelson.c...marketplace-21/

That is amazing! I would have quite happily paid $15-20 for this on release.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1416 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

That is amazing! I would have quite happily paid $15-20 for this on release.

Same here. Kids loved the first one.

#1417 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

More Kinect Party pricing details revealed

Also, I've been playing the game for a few days and it's quite a substantial improvement over HAT. However, the Facebook photo uploading doesn't work yet and the controls/voice commands for photo-related things are not explained as well as they could be. Still, it's great that they have those things since sharing the silliness will add a lot of value to the game.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1418 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

the wording on the article is a little tricky:

"The entire unlocked game with all 36 channels are free through Dec. 31st 2012!!!"

To me, this implies that the entire game is unlocked for free through December 31st, and then it's not unlocked anymore. At which point, you have to pay to unlock it at the aforementioned price points. You alluded to the fact it was free and clear indefinitely if downloaded between those dates so that should be emphasized.

#1419 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

the wording on the article is a little tricky:

"The entire unlocked game with all 36 channels are free through Dec. 31st 2012!!!"

To me, this implies that the entire game is unlocked for free through December 31st, and then it's not unlocked anymore. At which point, you have to pay to unlock it at the aforementioned price points. You alluded to the fact it was free and clear indefinitely if downloaded between those dates so that should be emphasized.

That's a direct quote from Double Fine. I realize the wording is a bit tricky - it's really hard to say you can get it free and keep it without saying "and keep it" every time we mention it. Will think about clarifying further.

-Paul Acevedo

#1420 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

My question is will just downloading the game be enough, or do I then need to launch the game and download the new levels? If the latter than people without Kinect are SOL. I have Kinect, of course, so it's not a problem for me, though if I do need to launch the game and download the new levels, it would be good to know that in advance. :)

#1421 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

They started out this Kinect Party confusingly as heck, but MS changed the titles, dropped one download, and now it's clearer. There's now just two downloads and they've been renamed to mostly clearer names. Both are here:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8025841125c

Get both of those and I believe you're set. I'll verify this later tonight.

#1422 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

My question is will just downloading the game be enough, or do I then need to launch the game and download the new levels? If the latter than people without Kinect are SOL. I have Kinect, of course, so it's not a problem for me, though if I do need to launch the game and download the new levels, it would be good to know that in advance. :)

Sorry I didn't answer this before the game launched. Checked my User CP and this thread didn't show up as having a new post. Ah well. Like you said, you just need the base game and the main unlock key to get everything Kinect party offers.

-Paul Acevedo

#1423 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Rhythm Party is pretty fun! It's a "loser" deal in the Sales & Specials+ app "Scratch & Match" thing. Sale price is 50% off, so 400 pts. It's worth it!