• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:20 AM

Sold if it was Blus.

Most of these shows weren't produced in HD. Blu-rays would be pointless.
Posted Image

#32 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

Most of these shows weren't produced in HD. Blu-rays would be pointless.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Gurren Lagann came out late enough where a Bluray release would make a difference, wouldn't it?

In any case, I'm thinking I should probably just wait for the thinpak DVDs, if not a bluray release.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#33 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Now that I'm thinking about it, Gurren Lagann came out late enough where a Bluray release would make a difference, wouldn't it?

In any case, I'm thinking I should probably just wait for the thinpak DVDs, if not a bluray release.

Yeah, pretty sure Gurren Lagann aired in HD. But with the dire financial situation Bandai is in, I wouldn't count on a Blu-ray version ever happening. I'm not even sure the DVD release performed to their expectations.
Posted Image

#34 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Gurren Lagann aired in HD. But with the dire financial situation Bandai is in, I wouldn't count on a Blu-ray version ever happening. I'm not even sure the DVD release performed to their expectations.

Bandai is in trouble? O_o I thought they were doing good......
Spoiler

#35 ElfAngel7

ElfAngel7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

There aren't Gurren Blu Rays in Japan, so I'd be VERY surprised if they ever came out stateside. Also, Bandai isn't releasing shows that have Blu Rays (Geass and Gundam 00) over here, adding to my frustration. I'd eat a baby for some HD Gurren action, but don't hold your breath.
ElfAngel7's Brief List of Anime You Must Watch:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gankutsuou, Elfen Lied, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Tsukihime, Code Geass, anything Captain Harlock.

#36 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

hope its not true

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#37 Rivana

Rivana

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

I just hope to see Gundam 00 blus released in the states so I don't have to import them. That would really burn a hole in my pocket.

#38 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Not at all. Their new licenses have slowed to nearly nothing, and they've basically gone on record saying that if their release of the next season of Haruhi doesn't do well for them later this year, they're in big trouble.
Posted Image

#39 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Not at all. Their new licenses have slowed to nearly nothing, and they've basically gone on record saying that if their release of the next season of Haruhi doesn't do well for them later this year, they're in big trouble.

shiiiit, if they release it as a set I'll buy. If singles, no.

If they were to release the 0079 Gundam series as a set...that would sell alot :D

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#40 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

Wait, do you mean the next season here in the States?

As in... Endless Eight?

#41 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

They deserve it. They continuously try to milk consumers with single (4 episode) volume releases while many in the industry have moved on to 7-14 episode collections, or even full box sets. Bandai and Media Blasters refuse to adapt, and it is proving to be the downfall of at least one right now.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#42 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Wait, do you mean the next season here in the States?

As in... Endless Eight?

Correct. And how they expect people to actually buy that season and not be pissed off is anyone's guess.

They deserve it. They continuously try to milk consumers with single (4 episode) volume releases while many in the industry have moved on to 7-14 episode collections, or even full box sets. Bandai and Media Blasters refuse to adapt, and it is proving to be the downfall of at least one right now.

They already *have* moved on to releasing larger collections. Viz, however, with their decision to release Vampire Knight as singles, baffles me.
Posted Image

#43 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

shiiiit, if they release it as a set I'll buy. If singles, no.

Haha, you'd have two discs of just endless eight episodes. How worthless. I'd definitely buy a whole set when it was on sale, since I'm a slave to Haruhism.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#44 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:49 AM

Haha, you'd have two discs of just endless eight episodes. How worthless. I'd definitely buy a whole set when it was on sale, since I'm a slave to Haruhism.

i ment a overall complete Haruhi set.

#45 Rivana

Rivana

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

Ouch, so the chances of Gundam 00 Blu-ray US release is going down quickly then? I'm already having to import Macross Frontier Blu-ray and to have to buy all of G00 S1 and S2 at import prices makes me a sad panda. :(

#46 quatrevav35

quatrevav35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

so.. only eureka 7 and big o is worth getting from this sale?

#47 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

^ Zeta Gundam and My-Hime

#48 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

so.. only eureka 7 and big o is worth getting from this sale?

Fantastic Children would be my third suggestion from this sale. My-Hime is okay, but I was nowhere near as impressed with it as some people seem to be.
Posted Image

#49 slfc

slfc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

Fantastic Children sounds interesting. Like Kirin said, My-Hime is okay, but nothing worth watching more than once. Zeta Gundam is in my backlog. I'll probably receive the three movies from Amazon before I get around to watching the series heh.

#50 jfs_87

jfs_87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

When does this sale end? I should be getting my debit card soon (do they take debit cards?). Unless there is a place that sells buy.com giftcards or something. I want a lot on that page ^_^

#51 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

I also liked Fantastic Children for those who are on the fence about it.
I liked My-Hime more though.

#52 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

I really want to get the Cutie Honey lunchbox, but $21 shipped is still a bit up there, but I haven't seen it much cheaper anywhere else... I do want Big-O as well...

76561198003985248.png

#53 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

When does this sale end? I should be getting my debit card soon (do they take debit cards?). Unless there is a place that sells buy.com giftcards or something. I want a lot on that page ^_^

These sales usually run anywhere from 2-3 weeks to around a month.

I really want to get the Cutie Honey lunchbox, but $21 shipped is still a bit up there, but I haven't seen it much cheaper anywhere else... I do want Big-O as well...

The lunchbox can be had for $12.00 + S/H (free on $49 or more).

#54 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

These sales usually run anywhere from 2-3 weeks to around a month.

The lunchbox can be had for $12.00 + S/H (free on $49 or more).

Well, it seems to be much easier to find it for cheaper than I thought... Thanks!!!

76561198003985248.png