new futurama episodes return june 24!!!

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
on comedy central. im very excited for this. futurama is one of my favorite shows. hopefully it stays around a little longer this time. comedy central has ordered 26 new episodes!

I was kind of hoping that Fox would've brought it back while they still owned it, like they did with Family Guy. But I guess since they seemed to make Sunday night's 'Animation Domination' into "Seth MacFarlane Night(minus the Simpsons)" they had no room for a show that was actually funny 90% of the time.

South Park is online so maybe this will be. You could also try Hulu. Due to work hours I too will ahve to find some other way to watch this.

[quote name='sendme']South Park is online so maybe this will be. You could also try Hulu. Due to work hours I too will ahve to find some other way to watch this.[/QUOTE]

South Park is only online because Matt and Trey want it to be, and its hosted on its own website (southparkstudios.com), but some CC stuff is on Hulu, they post episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. You could get lucky and have them post it. That'd be the best.

[quote name='advanced']South Park is only online because Matt and Trey want it to be, and its hosted on its own website (southparkstudios.com), but some CC stuff is on Hulu, they post episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. You could get lucky and have them post it. That'd be the best.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they take those off so you have to go to the official sites to watch?

I forgot that South Park was online just because Matt and Tray wanted it to be. I knew the site because that was the only legal way I could watch new episodes. As for The Daily Show and Colbert Report them are just clips arnt they? Maybe CC will post the full episodes of Futurama online. I hope they do.

[quote name='aihuman']Does comedy central post their cartoons online?It's the only way I can watch it,no cable.[/QUOTE]

After an episode is shown on CC, wait an hour and then google "Where Can I watch Futurama online?"

You will be given oooooo about 100 sites.

[quote name='sendme']I forgot that South Park was online just because Matt and Tray wanted it to be. I knew the site because that was the only legal way I could watch new episodes. As for The Daily Show and Colbert Report them are just clips arnt they? Maybe CC will post the full episodes of Futurama online. I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

They took daily show and colbert off of hulu, but you can still watch full episodes at their websites - www.thedailyshow.com and/or www.colbertnation.com. The keep like 3 weeks up at a time.

Also - looking forward to futurama.

Bump.

First 2 episodes have already hit the net if you know where to look.

Tomorrow is the new season.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time will they be airing? I need to be able to make sure my wife isn't watching one of those stupid Bravo TV shows about the angry old women.

[quote name='wildcpac']Bump.

First 2 episodes have already hit the net if you know where to look.

Tomorrow is the new season.[/QUOTE]
I know of at least one place to look. :evil: But you have to go into a shack built for TV on the net to locate them.

And yes, the site's name is in one of my prior statements.;)

I had wondered if they'd go any further with things since they're on cable now, and it looks like they are.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']DVR is ready to go, can't wait to catch these in HD tonight![/QUOTE]
They're already available on a couple sites and in HD no less.;):applause:

But might I suggest watching it in an upload of mega.

I’d prefer to watch it on Comedy Central to give them the ratings and support the show. I’m very excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brownjohn']I’d prefer to watch it on Comedy Central to give them the ratings and support the show. I’m very excited![/QUOTE]

I don't think it actually matters unless you're a Nielson household.

I hope they put them up on their site. I've been without cable pretty successfully and Futurama is the only show left on cable that I would really want to watch.

I watched like the first 5 mins of episode 1, but I think I'll just wait and watch them tonight. Hopefully they'll be up in HD online later too (like legally).

[quote name='SpazX']I watched like the first 5 mins of episode 1, but I think I'll just wait and watch them tonight. Hopefully they'll be up in HD online later too (like legally).[/QUOTE]
:razz: All I know is I've already seen them and both episodes are exactly like the old series was. But I still can't believe Fox chose to resurrect fuckin' Family Guy with their 5 minute long random sequences that sometimes aren't very funny over keeping Futurama.:roll:

If I didn't have cable I would just torrent them before the Government passes some new insane anti piracy bills pass by executive orders(subject for another day).

My satellite has been acting funny and CC is one of the channels that keeps losing signal. Was still going to watch tonight, but I have a feeling it won't work.

Well I turned it on so I don't miss it, only 15 mins left! Every time I watch TV I wonder how I used to deal with all these fucking commercials.

[quote name='SithFran']I didn't know it was back and missed it. Will it reair?[/QUOTE]
You could probably catch a rerun of the second episode if you turn on Comedy Central right NOW, since they usually re-air their programming much like Adult Swim reruns their shows starting at 2am with King Of The Hill.
[quote name='advanced']They're running the seasons at 13 episodes each? Thats kind of a bummer, but completely understandable.[/QUOTE]
That's usually the standard for most half hour shows, so I figured they would be running them in 13 episode 'seasons' as opposed to one giant block until they're done.

Hopefully if they opt to make more new episodes they don't take as long as Venture Brothers, which they ran HALF of the new season of and are waiting until a new season is ready to run right behind it to run the rest supposedly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's usually the standard for most half hour shows, so I figured they would be running them in 13 episode 'seasons' as opposed to one giant block until they're done.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten adjusted to cable-length seasons, and I figured this would take after Fox shows, which usually follow the 22 episode season (a la Simpsons). Either way, I'll take any new Futurama I can get. :)

Hopefully they'll re-air the 1st episode sometime this weekend(like they do with new ep. of South Park). Right before it came on, my cable box decided to freeze up & take 10 minutes to reboot. So I don't know where the robo-Leela came from. The 2nd episode wasn't that bad, it really felt like the old episodes.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Hopefully they'll re-air the 1st episode sometime this weekend(like they do with new ep. of South Park). Right before it came on, my cable box decided to freeze up & take 10 minutes to reboot. So I don't know where the robo-Leela came from. The 2nd episode wasn't that bad, it really felt like the old episodes.[/QUOTE]
You don't have to wait till the weekend, as someone already uploaded Episode 1(in two parts) on Youtube.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fXWuAZqiM

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TmxL_CzfqU

I was definitely pleased with the two episodes, as it was more Futurama, and it was a proper television series now. Reanimation, Zapp being a huge dick, V-Giny. I wanna see more. Thanks to Comedy Central for commissioning 26 episodes.

But as I was watching the second episode, I kept getting an inkling of a feeling that somebody, somewhere is going to say it sucked as much as Beast with a Billion Backs.

bread's done
Back