new futurama episodes return june 24!!!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

I thought the susan boyle one was bad, but the last one was pretty good.

Posted Image

#62 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:00 AM

What happened to DON'T DATE ROBOTS!!!
Posted Image

#63 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

I thought the susan boyle one was bad, but the last one was pretty good.

Agreed. I thought last night's episode was much better than last week's. I'm holding out hope for the rest of the season.
Posted Image

#64 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

Gravity normal, air returning, terror replaced by cautious optimism... This week's episode was much better than last week!

#65 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

Personally, I'm going to give the show some leeway. Especially with these early episodes, if they don't knock it out of the park every week, you have to remember that it's been 7 years that this show was off the air (I'm not counting the movies; to me that's apples to oranges). For all intents and purposes, this is like a brand new show, and how many shows can you think of that are doing their best work 4 episodes in? I'm not sure, but I assume the writing staff is not completely intact with everyone who was there before, so they may have some growing pains. Even in it's original run, Futurama did have the occasional clunker episode. I'm still ecstatic that it's back, and hope it continues on beyond the 26 eps Comedy Central ordered.

That being said, yeah, the Susan Boyle joke was painful. Hopefully, that's the season's low point.
Posted Image

#66 SpazX

SpazX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

No comments on last night's episode? I liked it.

Posted Image

#67 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

I caught the latter half of the robo sexual episode the other night really early in the morning(2-3am)and I have to admit that it was chuckle worthy, but not at all up to par with the show I remember.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#68 wesdw369

wesdw369

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

this is how i feel, I didnt feel the first ep was completely up to par, but I realized its been years since they were in that groove. how long did it take the show to get up to how you remember loving it? for me a few eps, for my wife probably about season 2, it takes time to get back into it, and the movies dont technically count because those were wrote to be long and for the most part delivered but now they have to buckle down again and write half hour long shows again, I say let them get about 10 eps under their belt before saying it was a mistake to bring it back because thats about where the show really started shining in the first run. I have faith that they can really get it together

Personally, I'm going to give the show some leeway. Especially with these early episodes, if they don't knock it out of the park every week, you have to remember that it's been 7 years that this show was off the air (I'm not counting the movies; to me that's apples to oranges). For all intents and purposes, this is like a brand new show, and how many shows can you think of that are doing their best work 4 episodes in? I'm not sure, but I assume the writing staff is not completely intact with everyone who was there before, so they may have some growing pains. Even in it's original run, Futurama did have the occasional clunker episode. I'm still ecstatic that it's back, and hope it continues on beyond the 26 eps Comedy Central ordered.

That being said, yeah, the Susan Boyle joke was painful. Hopefully, that's the season's low point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 SpazX

SpazX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Here's what I think of each episode so far, on a scale from bad to awesome.

1 - mediocre
2 - good
3 - pretty bad
4 - pretty good
5 - pretty good

I only really disliked the susan boyle episode, all the others weren't bad, some better than others.

Posted Image

#70 Quillion

Quillion

Not Proprietary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Susan Boil lost me a bit, and the robosexual episode had me scratching my head, but I enjoyed the first two...

Crossing fingers that this week's is better. (I have it DVRed... Will see it tonight.)

<Clever Signature Here>

#71 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

About the only shows I still watch on there are The Boondocks, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Venture Brothers. However, they stopped the new season of VB midway through and I have no clue when they're going to start up again.:roll:

September 12th.

http://venturebrosbl...september-12th/

#72 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

I have last night's ep on my computer.

The first episode was very "meh". I disliked the Adam & Eve episode. Everything else has been good (though not as great as old eps).

Still, I'm hoping they are getting the ratings they need. Mediocre eps now will likely lead to great eps later (as they get in the groove).

#73 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

September 12th.

http://venturebrosbl...september-12th/

When I saw that bump the other night I was thinking to myself 'did they just decide to skip the other half of a season of season 4'. I'm glad that they explained it was just an error in the bump.

But September is still a long way off.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#74 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Ah there we go. Finally the Futurama I loved as a kid is back. Man that Doomday machine looked like a Panzer from Persona or something.

Batsugunner.png

#75 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

I like that they've basically confirmed Amy as the show slut. They couldn't go too far on fox, but now they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

#76 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

Finally watched last week's episode tonight.

Not very good, IMO. It and the Adam & Eve episode were poor.

#77 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

Regarding tonights episode:

Spoiler

#78 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Regarding tonights episode:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#79 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

Last night's episode was a step forward. Not near the greatness Futurama CAN be, but at least a step forward. I hope it doesn't start an endless loop of
Spoiler
but I'd settle for that than shitty Susan Boyle jokes and other pop references that wouldn't have been funny HAD they been contemporarily relevant.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#80 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

NPR did a radio interview with Billy West to coincide with the return of Futurama. It's a neat listen especially because he busts out quite a few characters and explains the backgrounds.

http://www.npr.org/t...oryId=128490848
Posted Image

#81 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Last episode was good, but I kind of had a feeling about the end, I still like how whenever Hermes is involved, there's going to be limboing.

#82 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

I just saw the latest episode. So lemme get this straight:

Spoiler

Now it was still a good episode, but stop fucking around with established canon for the sake of a plot device already.

#83 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

i thought all the episodes have been pretty good so far. my favorites were the last 2. "and now i present, Leanardo Decaprio!" lol

#84 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Latest episode was definitely a step in the right direction, even as unfunny as some of these eps are they still haven't topped the pure garbage family guy came out with after the cancellation . I've been going through season 7 wanting to just start banging my head on the wall

#85 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Family Guy and American Dad are still around, yet Fox never tried to bring back Futurama? That show was the best, right there with the Simpsons. At this point, I would say the previous Futurama seasons are better then the new Simpsons...which are...so-so.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#86 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

This week's episode was easily the best since the show came back. It had a great "back to form" vibe to it.

#87 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Definitely feels like the rust is starting to come off. I really think the show's usually better when they write to be more timeless than in the now.
Posted Image

#88 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Rust? This season has been spectacular IMO.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#89 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

Second part of the season, or S7 as they're calling it scheduled for June 23rd, with the possibility of another batch of new episodes for 2012:

http://nymag.com/dai...ma_renewed.html

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#90 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

I remember listening to that NPR interview in the car. I thought his explanation for Zoidberg was a little strange, they've basically turned him into Curly, but he didn't mention him as an inspiration for the character.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift