361 replies to this topic

#31 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

There's a pretty obvious reason why
Spoiler
would be back and it's the only thing which makes sense since the character had literally NO FUNCTION in Infamous 1.
Spoiler

By about the final 1/3rd of the game it was getting pretty repetitive so bearing any sweeping gameplay improvements I'll probably skip Infamous 2.

Guardian_owl.png

#32 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

I loved inFAMOUS, gameplay was so much fun. I don't mind the new look I just wish they didn't change it as that kind of ruins the image you had already assossiated with Cole. I mean even in the Uncharted 2 MP you can play as Good Cole or Evil Cole, so it's just wierd to see a new look for him.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

Looks like he's got the same or similar pants as the original, just without the jacket. I would be surprised if there weren't multiple costume options for him - even something as simple as just him having the option of not wearing his jacket.

#34 commanderxp90

commanderxp90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

I remind my old day of playing Infamous PS3 game. I haven't been completed my Infamous storyline just like half way to beat it. I can't wait to see Infamous 2. =)

#35 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

I remind my old day of playing Infamous PS3 game. I haven't been completed my Infamous storyline just like half way to beat it. I can't wait to see Infamous 2. =)

I gotta ask what your native language is?
Posted Image

#36 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

The main improvement that I'd like for this game is that I think they should let you know how many shards you have left to find in each area... at least that will give people a chance to find those 1 or 2 last shards... assuming that you have to find shards again. Right now I have about 1 or 2 shards left and I've searched the entire city about 2-3 times and I cannot find those shards I've walked all around, hitting L3 and there's been no luck whatsoever. If I could find those 1 or 2 shards I'd have a platinum in this game... oh well.

did you check the logs sticking out in the water that doesnt appear when you hit L3? (theres youtube vids showing where it is exactly) my last one was under the big cranes all the way in the back. you have no reason to go back there ever, so thats why i missed that one.

So you want them to have a low selling, unprofitable game then.

(This is no slam against the games themselves, just stating a fact, regardless if they all went GH, they weren't as highly lauded as inFamous is, plus I think they want to move away from the kiddie image that the game drips with)

And when compared to Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter series of games they always were 3rd in popularity, not something Sony or Sucker Punch is interested in going back too.

if they made 3 sly cooper games, they were profitable. unless you work for sucker punches accounting team, you dont know what profit they made. now thats stating a fact.

infamous 1 sold 1.5 million. hardly huge numbers by any means but decent for a new IP with an average score in the mid 80's. sly cooper has a pre established following/fan base, so i dont think its that hard to put up numbers like that if promoted properly.

EightBitArtist.png

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

There hasn't been a Sly Cooper game in about 4-5 years, right? It would be really hard to even come close to the ~2 million that Infamous did since it was the third-tier franchise behind Jak and Ratchet last-gen.

#38 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

The main improvement that I'd like for this game is that I think they should let you know how many shards you have left to find in each area... at least that will give people a chance to find those 1 or 2 last shards... assuming that you have to find shards again. Right now I have about 1 or 2 shards left and I've searched the entire city about 2-3 times and I cannot find those shards I've walked all around, hitting L3 and there's been no luck whatsoever. If I could find those 1 or 2 shards I'd have a platinum in this game... oh well.

I Finally found my last shard the other day, at the top of the tower by where you fought Kessler, It didn't appear with L3 until I was almost the the top.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 commanderxp90

commanderxp90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

I gotta ask what your native language is?

I don't have another foreign language. I only speak at my English. :)

#40 Gourd

Gourd

Tofu Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

I don't have another foreign language. I only speak at my English. :)

Everyone, Commander speaks /English./ However in his or her profile page they note that they are deaf. I think we can all understand what they are typing here, so there's no need to be in their face about it, okay?
SUPER EXPLOSIVE POWER SUIT Bangai-O!!!

#41 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

How did I miss this thread? Anyway I'm hyped for Infamous 2. Think their may be a preview today at E3?

#42 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

so now he has ice powers?

EightBitArtist.png

#43 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

is he even Cole?

#44 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

so now he has ice powers?

What?
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#45 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

is he even Cole?

thats what i was wondering since it didnt look or sound like him.

#46 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

What?

watch the e3 trailer and youll understand

EightBitArtist.png

#47 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

I'ven't seen an E3 trailer yet. Got a link? There isn't one on Kotaku and the search on GameTrailers is currently disabled.
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#48 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

I don't like his new voice actor

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#49 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

No Cole, but it looks promising.

#50 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Guess I should've checked playstation blog right off the bat.

Here's the link for anyone else who hasn't seen it. http://blog.us.plays...e3-trailer-now/
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#51 pram12

pram12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

It is Cole guys... and he has ice powers. Very odd.

#52 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

The link on the playstation blog gives a rundown of the story and says it is Cole. Says he's looking to get more powerful to fight a thing so ya, makes sense as to why he has ice powers.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#53 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

Cole grows hair, gains ice powers, and has a different voice... Makes no sense, but whatever works! I loved the first game, so I hope this one is twice as good.

#54 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

I don't know.. he looks different, has a different voice, and has tattoos that weren't visible in the last game.

On top of that- he appears to be using some sort of shock rod to do his melee attacks instead of his hands like the last game.

The new voice wasn't nearly as bad as the last voice. I'm looking forward to learning more.

#55 Gourd

Gourd

Tofu Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

I probably should have avoided the trailer. The new voice sounds so annoying compared to the last one? At least the first voice just sounded like some tired beat upon guy.
SUPER EXPLOSIVE POWER SUIT Bangai-O!!!

#56 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Did Cole turn into a black? How the heck did he change races.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#57 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys, here's Nathan Drake in inFAMOUS, too! With tattoos!

Ugh.

I could get with the morphing looks thing, since Kessler didn't look like Cole much; but Kessler was ass ugly, had a long face and pointy chin.

I thought it was awesome that Cole was an unattractive main character, and I'm not looking forward at all to having Nathan Drake jump around with "witty" remarks in response to everything that happens (what I'm dreading will happen).

#58 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:14 AM

Cole had plastic surgery?!? :shock: I don't understand why they changed his look. Before, he looked like he could have fit the villian look and the hero look, but now he looks like he would only fit into the hero slot. He has no...ruggedness (?) or intriugue to him.

Anyway, they need to figure out some way where it is more exciting to explore the city. I liked that they had a full city to explore as well as rooftops and power lines and enemies littered every now and again, but I think what made the game most repetitive were the powers. Shock bomb, shock bomb, shock bomb, and everyone was dead...

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#59 Lambo_Killa9

Lambo_Killa9

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

I just don't like the fact that they changed Cole to someone else...other than that I'm looking forward to the new powers they're adding to the game!

#60 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

They changed a lot, but it doesn't really bother me that much. If the gameplay is still good/better then that's good enough for me.