I want the Truth on the Record of Agarest War XBOX360 & PS3 Censoring Differences.

When this game was first localized in Europe, Ghostlight (the localization company) employed a bit of censoring on the original Japanese game which can be seen in this rather infamous comparison picture:

record-of-agarest-war.jpg

On top is what was originally there in the Japanese copy and down on bottom is what Ghostlight censored it to for the European PS3 copy.

It has been established that Aksys (the North American localization team for Agarest) has definitely not included the censoring for the XBOX360 version here in North America; It is as it originally was in Japan.

What I am ultimately wondering is if the mild censoring is still their for the North American PS3 version or not, so I am turning to anyone and everyone here on CAG who has the North American PS3 downloadable copy from the Playstation Network that can verify this.

I have heard it both ways about people who only think it is still censored on the PS3 or believe it is not censored, but I desire some hard proof to finally lay this question to rest.

This is all I could find, from the publisher (3rd post):
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/520

The short version is no, our version does not have "censorship".
The long version is this: The Japanese Xbox 360 version of the game (Also known as Record of Agarest War Reappearance--sometimes mis-translated as "Rapier Lance") included the more risqué pictures that you have highlighted above, as well as a few other additions and enhancements. The version that we will be releasing in North America has all of the content from Reappearance, including the "un-censored" pictures, in both versions (360 and PS3).

Nice planting of a video response Halo. ;)

If the folks at Aksys who brought it to us are saying such words then I'll believe them.

Cheers, you magical cow you.

Just for the record Ghostlight didn't censor it. The japanese version looked exactly the same. They just localized the PS3 version. The 360 version was the only version of the game that had the more risque scenes until Aksys added them to the PS3 version in the US.

Hm, interesting tidbit if so. I'll take your word on its truth since I have no reason to not believe you.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back