Nintendo Wii 139.99 @ Newegg

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Hmmm, that's odd.

Almost seems like they are trying to clear them out or something.[/QUOTE]

WiiHD?

Its a hint of whats to come, amazon did it, now newegg is doing it. With E3 around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the Wii HD to counter the Natal and Move.

Who knows, maybe it has something to do with the bundles that are being sold. Scratch that, probably what ^^^^^^ said.

If I had an extra 140 though I would definately buy one. Especially since stuff is tax free on newegg for me.

Actually, I'll just wait for the inevitable 99 dollar pricepoint before I dive in to get the games I want on the system.

Hell I waited to get a brand new gamecube until I got one for 50 dollars.

I wonder if there could be something like a new bundle coming.

Tempting to grab a 2nd wii, but I would rather get a black Wii if I did. After adding the stuff the Black Wii comes with I'd be willing to pay the small difference for the color.

So they may be planning 2 different pricepoints for the colors, since it's silly to charge the same for both right now.

I'm seriously tempted to jump on this. It's practically the price of two 360/PS3 games, considering there's no tax for me. Not a bad price to pay for access to the Wii's first party titles.

[quote name='silen7ce']I wonder if there could be something like a new bundle coming.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there already a new bundle with sports resort and a Wii mote Plus for $199 that I've been seeing everywhere?
That's probably why they're closing out all the old sku's without the extras.

oh man...I'm so tempted to bite. I don't own a wii and this price is great.
Only thing I'm worried about is an E3 announcement :[

I picked one up. I know it doesn't come with the WiiMotion plus but I'm going to be using this thing for the base of my new exercise/diet plan so I really don't need much. Buddy of mine gave me a decent workout set based on a few Wii games. He lost close to 50 lbs. so I think this is worth a shot.

The Bestbuy near me (Leominster, MA) has the wii for 149 as well. There must be something new coming but I'm surprised nothing has been leaked yet.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Who knows, maybe it has something to do with the bundles that are being sold. Scratch that, probably what ^^^^^^ said.

If I had an extra 140 though I would definately buy one. Especially since stuff is tax free on newegg for me.

Actually, I'll just wait for the inevitable 99 dollar pricepoint before I dive in to get the games I want on the system.

Hell I waited to get a brand new gamecube until I got one for 50 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I did the same for the gamecube waiting till it was $50. I'll likely do the same waiting for the hopeful and eventual price drop to $99. Probably by then, maybe Nintendo will see it fit to drop the prices on some of their older games like the competition have been doing.

Probably does have something to with with Nintendo releasing an updated system of the Wii I wouldn't be surprised if it had 3d technology put into the next build.

The only reason these price drops are occuring is because they are eliminating the old SKU without Wii Sports Resort and the Motion Plus. Nothing more, nothing less. Wii HD won't be announced at E3, you can bet on that. Why steal the thunder of the 3DS before it is even out?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The only reason these price drops are occuring is because they are eliminating the old SKU without Wii Sports Resort and the Motion Plus. Nothing more, nothing less. Wii HD won't be announced at E3, you can bet on that. Why steal the thunder of the 3DS before it is even out?[/QUOTE]

This, people.

Lost 50 lbs just playing the Wii?
I do have both Wii actives and Gold's gym cardio boxing. I'd consider them fun alternative, short term workouts. But Iwouldnt use it as my main workout plan.
You have any details of that plan of your friend

[quote name='jp0213']I picked one up. I know it doesn't come with the WiiMotion plus but I'm going to be using this thing for the base of my new exercise/diet plan so I really don't need much. Buddy of mine gave me a decent workout set based on a few Wii games. He lost close to 50 lbs. so I think this is worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't just the Wii games he obviously changed diet. Still 50 lbs. mixing those two items is still decent in my mind. I'll see if I can clean up his information and post it. Hand written notes and in a jumble currently.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The only reason these price drops are occuring is because they are eliminating the old SKU without Wii Sports Resort and the Motion Plus. Nothing more, nothing less. Wii HD won't be announced at E3, you can bet on that. Why steal the thunder of the 3DS before it is even out?[/QUOTE]

Wow.... it only took like 30 posts for someone to say this.

New Bundles incoming maybe? Price drop to $100 to combat a possible 360 arcade Price drop to $150? Or they are just the old versions.

I think it is just because the black wii with added items is 199. White wii's are probably not moving as well since they are not new to anyone and they do not really come with as much as the black one. I do not foresee any Wii with 3d capability for whoever above said that, they havent even mastered HD yet.

In general I think it is really foolish to purchase something game related for more than $50 a month before E3. Hell, I'm holding off on a Turtle Beach X31 headset because I'm sure that will come down in price too.

Is the color of the Wii really a big deal? I have the white Wii either in the entertainment center cabinet or behind the tv anyways so its usually hidden out of view while playing. I know the novelty act of having multiple colors was a nice marketing strategy for the gamecube too, but it all serves the same purpose as long as it works.Same product, different color, i'd take the cheaper price for whichever one it is.

[quote name='rly723']Is the color of the Wii really a big deal? I have the white Wii either in the entertainment center cabinet or behind the tv anyways so its usually hidden out of view while playing. I know the novelty act of having multiple colors was a nice marketing strategy for the gamecube too, but it all serves the same purpose as long as it works.Same product, different color, i'd take the cheaper price for whichever one it is.[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

No one seems to get it. This is the old Wii pacage. There are two NEW ones, now packaged with Wii Sports Resort and a white OR black Wii. White new Wii's are STILL being made, but it now includes WSR, just like the black Wii. The black Wii was never sold without WSR, hence the reason that there are no discounted black Wii's. They are discontinuing the old Wii bundle (which NEVER came in black), which is why these are so cheap. There is no 3D or HD Wii coming soon.

You are all making this way too complicating.

bread's done
Back