• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Evilbeaver

Evilbeaver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

http://www.newegg.co..._-79261177-LE1C

Not impulse buy cheap, but this is the best price that I have seen from a reputable website so far.

Also, free shipping.

#2 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Not too bad, I rented this game and I want to buy it soon but i'll wait for a bigger price drop and a patch to fix the horrible load times. Thanks for the heads up tho OP
Currently Playing
PS3 - MLB 13 (Go Cubs!)
PS4 - Destiny
X360 - Tiger Woods 2014
XB1 - Titanfall, Madden
Recently Beat - Wolfenstein - TNO, Killzone - SF, Fable Anniversary, Ryse, Resident Evil REV, Stick of Truth

#3 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

I figure this one has got to get the $10 credit treatment from gamestop or amazon...

#4 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

I have a feeling this one will get real cheap soon since it doesn't seem to be selling well and God of War 3 had so many fire sales shortly after release.

Plus, I don't want to play this until they patch the load times.

#5 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

Plus, is it me, or does the actual racing seem semi-broken in this game? I think the actual editing features are really cool. Just preliminary opinions based on the demo. I love the racing mechanics in Split Second, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Sonic Sega Racing, & MotorStorm PRift, to name a few.....I just can't figure out why the racing seems so unpolished in this title. Oh well, I may still buy it......when it hits $29.

#6 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

Amazon already price matched it. I just bought it for $56.99 yesterday from Amazon as well (with credit of course). Contacting Amazon to get a $4 refund.

#7 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Amazon already price matched it. I just bought it for $56.99 yesterday from Amazon as well (with credit of course). Contacting Amazon to get a $4 refund.

I bet they have some intern that sits there watching deal sites like we do and updates the prices accordingly :)

#8 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Plus, is it me, or does the actual racing seem semi-broken in this game? I think the actual editing features are really cool. Just preliminary opinions based on the demo. I love the racing mechanics in Split Second, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Sonic Sega Racing, & MotorStorm PRift, to name a few.....I just can't figure out why the racing seems so unpolished in this title. Oh well, I may still buy it......when it hits $29.

Racing is better in the full version and you can customize your drift/handling and acceleration/speed to your liking. I've already found my sweet spot.

I think companies should just stop releasing demos because people always end up having a miscued idea about how the actual game is even though there's a clear message that says: this is not the final product. You're not the first to do this either.

But then, I don't really know what you mean by broken? I've been racing online and the game is very balanced.

#9 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

I bet they have some intern that sits there watching deal sites like we do and updates the prices accordingly :)

Haha, yea. They always match prices like minutes sometimes after a price goes live at another big retailer. Amazon already refunded my $4.00 too, just 20 minutes after I sent my mail. This is about the 5th "one-time/special case" adjustment they have made for me. I love Amazon so much :)

#10 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Gah, this game is sick... but effing annoying. I'd suggest to just wait until the price drops...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

I'd say get this only if you want to spend all day creating karts, tracks and characters. I think Blur and Split/Second are much better racing games.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

I'd say get this only if you want to spend all day creating karts, tracks and characters. I think Blur and Split/Second are much better racing games.

Yeah, I should've went that route... lol, I enjoyed the S/S demo.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

yup.. that's what I did.. my friend got Modnation racer and he spent 90% creating stuff hahaha.. racing game should be raced :roll: