Photo
- - - - -

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II patch & Platinum Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#31 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

I think I've found my alt.

From what I've heard she's supposed to be a rushdown character so I think she'll fit your playstyle nicely. I think I'm going to try picking up either Arakune or Hazama.

Oh, and this trailer makes me think once we unlock them we have an Unlimited Only night:

And this is just an absolutely disgusting video of one of, if not THE best Tagers in the US. It makes me pretty happy about Tager in CS :D

#32 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

For Shinobi, since he was curious what Taokaka looks like under her hood:
Posted Image
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#33 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

I'm pretty stoked on the Tutorial and Challenge mode honestly.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#34 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Who's easy to learn
[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#35 wjhard63

wjhard63

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

For Shinobi, since he was curious what Taokaka looks like under her hood:
Posted Image

Thanks, dude, I appreciate it! She looks like the typical blond anime girl. Interesting that she has no cat ears or other cat features.

Mtltom, 1 round player matches tomorrow night (c'mon 150 player matches)?
Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Call of Duty: Ghosts
:3ds: AC:NL & Bravely Default
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#36 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

Mtltom, 1 round player matches tomorrow night (c'mon 150 player matches)?

Sure. bs got his copy from the library so I'm sure he'll join in too. He messaged me the other day & said "I learned a Ragna combo."

Guardian & TooLate, you guys are more than welcome to join as well.

I'm pretty stoked on the Tutorial and Challenge mode honestly.

For real. I never got serious with CT, but this should help a lot.

#37 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

So BB in place of super tomorrow night? I'm game.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#38 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Can I play Seth in BB??

Tandem engine!

#39 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Can I play Seth in BB??

Tandem engine!

You should just play nu. She's considered by a lot of people to be another "cheap fucking boss character." Although she is getting toned down in CS (kind of like Seth ;))

GGs last night to everyone last night. Lots of fun times.

Oh and for Shinobi & bs, here are a few of the tutorial vids from the bonus disc for CT. I'm posting Ragna & Jin for bs, Tao for Shinobi, and nu for Flippr . I don't know how much of this will carry into CS, but it's a starting point. Also Dustloop is pretty good for strats/combos.

Ragna:
Spoiler

Jin:
Spoiler

Tao:
Spoiler

nu
Spoiler

Edited by MtlTom, 01 July 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#40 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

I don't need tutorials, 'cause I've got SHORYUKEN! ICE CAR!
[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#41 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Good games last night to everyone. It was fun, as always. I got to Astral Finish everyone except for Shinobi. :bouncy:

I'm comin' fo you, Shinobi! I'm comin' fo you!

#42 wjhard63

wjhard63

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

Tao for Shinobi
Tao:

Spoiler

Thanks, MtlTom! That was fun last night.

I don't need tutorials, 'cause I've got SHORYUKEN! ICE CAR!

Damn Frozen Motorized Vehicle...the pressure from the move is ridiculous.

Good games last night to everyone. It was fun, as always. I got to Astral Finish everyone except for Shinobi. :bouncy:

I'm comin' fo you, Shinobi! I'm comin' fo you!

Keep trying, Guardian! You can't A.S. this Kaka-Kitty! In the meantime, I'll keep on asking questions about strategies, combos, & other games (GoNintendo!) while we play matches to distract you all!

Oh, and everyone is invited for breakfast casserole next Wednesday. Just head on down/up to Cincinnati.
Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Call of Duty: Ghosts
:3ds: AC:NL & Bravely Default
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#43 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

Sorry I didnt respond mtlTom(every else playing). Just got back from doing some work, and was fiddlin' with sfiv on pc that i just got on the steam sale, and then watched a movie. I'll be game to play next time.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#44 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

The game is out in Japan now. Here's some pretty good quality video of Mu-12 vs Lambda-11. There's a bunch of online play videos on that guys Youtube as well.

#45 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Here's a picture of the LE from Japan, courtesy of Drac from Neogaf (so jealous):
Spoiler

Aaaaaand here are newly confirmed DLC characters!

Makoto! Yowza, check out that tail! (prob my new alt. Hands off!)
Spoiler

Valkenhayn. Very badass indeed. A lot of fans had been clamoring for his in-game appearance.
Spoiler

Total troll material. Apparently she contains the spirit of one of the six legendary heroes, Platinum/Platina. Look at those heart shaped pupils!
Spoiler

#46 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

I hear V-13 is HORRIBLE in this game. Not sure if I'm going to get it now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#47 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

Mu-13 is an Unlimited character only, so you wouldn't be able to use her in regular play. She'd be an outlawed/pverpowered character (like everyone's Unlimited version).

We have enough cybersuited teenage girls with floating swords, anyway. There's no need for another one.

#48 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Mu-13 is an Unlimited character only, so you wouldn't be able to use her in regular play. She'd be an outlawed/pverpowered character (like everyone's Unlimited version).

We have enough cybersuited teenage girls with floating swords, anyway. There's no need for another one.

What do you mean unlimited character?

Also she was in the Original game. All the more reason she should be playable in this one,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#49 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

What do you mean unlimited character?

Also she was in the Original game. All the more reason she should be playable in this one,

She also died in the original game. And is now replaced by two characters in similar design.

Unlimited version means a super over powered version of a character, just for funsies... sort of like a boss version, if you were so inclined. Ragna, Mu-13, and Rachel all had Unlimited versions in the original Calamity Trigger if you unlocked them. You also played against them in Score Attack mode.

#50 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

She also died in the original game. And is now replaced by two characters in similar design.

Unlimited version means a super over powered version of a character, just for funsies... sort of like a boss version, if you were so inclined. Ragna, Mu-13, and Rachel all had Unlimited versions in the original Calamity Trigger if you unlocked them. You also played against them in Score Attack mode.

I don't see how that's possible then because Rachel and Mu-13 are at the bottom of the CS tier list. I don't see how they are unlimited overpowered characters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#51 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

I don't see how that's possible then because Rachel and Mu-13 are at the bottom of the CS tier list. I don't see how they are unlimited overpowered characters.

What chart are you looking at? Because from what I understand from the Dustloop forums, the authority on BlazBlue, Mu-13 isn't even listed specifically because there's no normal version of Mu-13. If you're talking about Lambda-11 (who plays similarly to Mu-13), then she's smack dab in the middle.

Posted Image
(courtesy of Dustloop)

Mu-12 isn't listed in this chart. If that's who you're referring to, Mu-12 is a different character than Mu-13.

Anyway, you're still not understanding what Unlimited character means. In Continuum Shift (AKA Super BlazBlue), there's an Unlimited version of EVERY character. It's not a tier, or rank rating, or anything. It's a separate character (e.g. there's regular Mu-13 and there's Unlimited Mu-13 in Calamity Trigger). By definition, the Unlimited version of a character is godly vs. the regular version of that character. In Calamity Trigger (AKA The Original BlazBlue), Unlimited versions of only Ragna, Rachel, and Mu-13 were available along with their regular versions.

Frankly, if Lambda-11 got bumped down, I'm glad. Mu-13 was overpowered in Calamity Trigger.

#52 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

Nu (V-13) is now know as Lambda-11 in Continuum Shift, because as Guardian mentioned - Nu died in Calamity Trigger. Even though I've only played a very little bit of CS I can attest that Lambda is SIGNIFICANTLY toned down from Nu in CT.

They are bringing Nu back in the console release of CS as the Unlimited form of Lambda 11. Unlimited characters are completely unbalanced versions of the different characters that are banned from tournaments and ranked play. CT had a few of these, which you fight in the end of Score Attack or Arcade mode (depending on who you play with) or unlock via DLC.

#53 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Valkenhayn. Very badass indeed. A lot of fans had been clamoring for his in-game appearance.

If he is in, I'm going to pick him up.

#54 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

GGs last night everyone.

First Makoto gameplay video. Not very long but she's definitely going to be a rushdown character. I think this is going to make you happy Guardian.

EDIT: I also added the DLC schedule to the first page. It's for Japan so I don't know if pricing/timing will be the same but at least it'll give an idea.

Edited by MtlTom, 08 July 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#55 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Ahhh, I wanna see, but it's blocked at work. Someone nice could host it on Viddler. :P

As for the DLC schedule, the BBCS FAQ on the Aksys forums say that they're hoping to keep up with the Japanese schedule, but they're not guaranteeing anything.

#56 AKissFromDaddy

AKissFromDaddy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

@MtlTom
Aksys really did want to make a fantastical CE, but due to time constraints and production lead times, it just wasn't meant to be. Sure they could have slapped together some crappy branded merchandise and threw it in a box, but they know we deserve better than that. So we’ll just have to live with buying the game for the paltry sum of $39.99 at Gamestop or 36.99 at Amazon.

#57 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

@MtlTom
Aksys really did want to make a fantastical CE, but due to time constraints and production lead times, it just wasn't meant to be. Sure they could have slapped together some crappy branded merchandise and threw it in a box, but they know we deserve better than that. So we’ll just have to live with buying the game for the paltry sum of $39.99 at Gamestop or 36.99 at Amazon.

Did you quote the Aksys forums FAQ, or did you actually write the FAQ over on that site?

http://www.aksysgame...orums/topic/685

#58 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

too much talk in this silly thread, get back to the SSF4 thread!

#59 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

GGs last night everyone.

First Makoto gameplay video. Not very long but she's definitely going to be a rushdown character. I think this is going to make you happy Guardian.

EDIT: I also added the DLC schedule to the first page. It's for Japan so I don't know if pricing/timing will be the same but at least it'll give an idea.

Very interesting. Based on the limited amount of footage, it looks like she has a projectile that she can launch by striking it, presumably in different directions/angles. She also seems to have a close up mixup game, creating clones and the opponent having to guess which one is which ala Psylocke. Hopefully it's fast enough to be useful (using it seems to break the combo).

I'm slightly worried that she'll play too similarly to a slightly quicker Noel. Obviously, that could be way off base given that the video only showed one or two combos. I really want to see what her air options are.

#60 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

LOTS of new videos posted on Tauntloop's Youtube Channel. I'll just post a link to some of the specific playlists.

Challenge Mode 6-10 for all characters.

DLC Announcer Voices (A is the English, B Japanese).