TerRover - Stylish Puzzle Platformer from Creat Studios - 9/7 - $14.99

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/100861.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/100863.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/100865.html

Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and independent developer Creat Studios are working together to bring TerRover™, a highly stylized, physics based all-terrain vehicle game, to the PlayStation®Network. TerRover is scheduled for release this summer and will make its public debut at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles from June 15-17 in the Sony Online Entertainment booth, #4600.

TerRover launches players into a surreal mash-up of unique cartoon graphics and a 2-D physics universe available exclusively on the PlayStation Network. TerRover’s gameplay is based on navigating a terrain rover through over forty stages of puzzling arcade levels in five different vivid 2-D art styles including the icy vistas of Congelata, the all-tech surfaces of Mechanica, the strange vegetation and terrains of Acor and Aura, and the treacherous volcanoes and lava of Volcanus! Drivers must use the vehicle’s wheel rotation, pivot center, gravity system and various weapons to overcome challenging obstacles and barriers. TerRover features three local multiplayer modes for up to four people, leaderboards and PlayStation Network trophies.

“Collaborating with Creat Studios to bring TerRover to the PlayStation Network demonstrates our continued efforts to deliver the most diverse and compelling content on the PlayStation Network” said Jason Herzceg, Director of Business Development at SOE. “TerRover presents players with both dazzling visuals and challenging gameplay mechanics that merge to create a completely unique experience.”

Creat Studiosis a highly respected independent developer and publisher of games on various platforms including the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. TerRover will mark Creat Studios’ tenth title to be released on the PlayStation Network.

“Creat Studios is excited to deliver another innovative game like TerRover to the PlayStation Network,” said Vladimir Starzhevsky, co-founder and CEO of Creat Studios, Inc. “We are thrilled to work together with Sony Online Entertainment and continue to bring PlayStation Network players the most engaging and entertaining titles.”

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/03/coming-tuesday-to-psn-terrover-for-ps3/

TerRover will be out next week for $14.99.
The TerRover is a cute little robot buggy with a big smile and warm heart in need of your help to find a new planetary home for him and his friends. You get weapons and tools and a chassis equipped with rocket launchers, magnet cables and more to assist in collecting all the mechanical parts scattered about and discovering the secret areas and hidden passages.

Now, the new stuff: TerRover features over 40 stages of puzzling arcade levels on five strange and different planets, each with its own physics and funky, eye-popping 2D art style. All pose unique threats and their own version of fun! The icy vistas of Congelata let you dig through snow and glide along stretches of ice. The all-tech surfaces of Mechanica toss you about its gears and motorized hazards. Robot-eating plants, underground rivers, and strange vegetation on the terrains of Acor and Aura will keep you and your TerRover on your toes (er… wheels?) The treacherous volcanoes and lava of Volcanus can thrust you high into the air or melt you on contact.

When you do complete a challenging level and feel the need to show the world just how you did it, you can! TerRover offers YouTube support to upload your latest escapade to the internet and crown yourself as TerRover champion. That’s not enough? Well, then you’ll have to rack up the multitude of Trophies available and make your status official to everyone.

And if you need a break from all that pressure of trying to relocate the TerRover population to safety, there’s great local multiplayer action, too! Up to four players can compete in a number of different modes and races in different locations. While the multiplayer is competitive, it occasionally takes a cooperative turn, and forces you and your opponent to briefly work together.

Our team at Creat Studios frequently gets asked about the inspiration for TerRover’s expressing emotions. To better explain it, let’s hear from TerRover’s producer, Olga Solokova:
“We discussed it at the very beginning, based on our experience of making an inanimate character come to life on previous project, Digger HD. We thought it was cool, so we set out to push it further and make TerRover smile, gasp and frown, get angry or frustrated, to make him feel and express emotion. Early into production, TerRover was alive due to the amazing work of our art director, Anastasia Vasilieva. She’s a master of perfecting small and cute things, like she did on Mushroom Wars. We laughed a lot while working on TerRover, and I hope that we’ll make the players feel that and smile at TerRover’s funny faces, too.”
Everyone at Creat Studios really hopes you enjoy our newest game, and we want to hear from you. Please drop by our website, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, and tell us what you think. As always… thank you again to all of our fans out there. We can’t do what we love without you.
I'm starting to like the art style of the art director for this and Mushroom Wars, so I hope she gets more work at Creat.

While I do like the art style for the game , the controls I think will end up making me either wait for a sale or skip it all together. It seemed way too difficult to accurately control the rover where I wanted it to go. Maybe it was limitations of the demo since I don't think you could customize or use different rovers in the demo , I didn't check.

bread's done
Back