Heavenly Sword-USED-$12.98 @ GoHastings.com (8 available)

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Heavenly-Sword/sku/260480821.uts

I just checked the number of copies available in stock and there's only EIGHT copies of Heavenly Sword available.

EDIT: For those on the fence about getting these because they're used, GoHastings is usually pretty good about only taking in stuff that's mint/complete.

The only order I made from them(last fall) was for several PS3 games(inFamous and Sacred 2)and both came complete with everything and in mint condition.

However, some CAG's have reported getting prior gen games that were messed up or incomplete. So, as always, it's YMMV. But I had no issues with ordering from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id get one but they are used for that price. Not sure if Id get the box, artwork, manual and stuff for it with it.

I had it in the title, but I took it out. Typically GoHastings is good about taking in only mint/complete stuff. My only order I made from them was for 2 PS3 games and they came complete.

But other CAG's ordered PS2 and I think some ordered some 360 games and got some incomplete games from them. So it might be YMMV if you get a complete game or not.

I figured for 50% of MSRP it'd be worth a shot for some though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had it in the title, but I took it out. Typically GoHastings is good about taking in only mint/complete stuff. My only order I made from them was for 2 PS3 games and they came complete.

But other CAG's ordered PS2 and I think some ordered some 360 games and got some incomplete games from them. So it might be YMMV if you get a complete game or not.

I figured for 50% of MSRP it'd be worth a shot for some though.[/QUOTE]

Typically maybe, but its not guarnteed. Even in their faq they say they wont guarntee the games will come with any of their original packaging, only that the game will work.

Still too iffy for me so I gotta pass on it because I like my games in good condition and complete.

If I actually liked this game(couldn't stand it actually), I'd probably take a chance on getting a copy for $13+shipping. Combine this with their used price on Uncharted 2($25.65) and you can get two of the better rated PS3 games for under $40 before tax/shipping.

With shipping it becomes over $15, it's possible to get this used for $18 from Amazon, which means it will probably be the same price in a few months.

Now a bad deal if you want the game now, however it seems like a short wait will make it even cheaper.

[quote name='Thorgouge']This game is so bad why the hell is it still impossible to get it under $10. Even then I probably wouldn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Elaborate. Only big negative I've heard about this game is it's a mere 5 hours long, but a short length alone doesn't make a bad game.

For those of you unsure of ordering from gohastings, I have ordered at least 60 things from them in the last year, and I have never gotten something without the original case. Also they are really good about returns if you are unhappy.

I had it. Enjoyed it and sold it for $10. I would not pay more than that for it personally. Excellent mocap and acting work, but I found the combat to loose. Never really felt like I had nearly the control as Kratos, for example. This was much more a button masher to me. Visually it was a treat.

[quote name='mrg']I had it. Enjoyed it and sold it for $10. I would not pay more than that for it personally. Excellent mocap and acting work, but I found the combat to loose. Never really felt like I had nearly the control as Kratos, for example. This was much more a button masher to me. Visually it was a treat.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the short review. I just bought a ps3 and was looking for some more exclusives to get for it, but you just talked me out of Heavenly Sword as I think GoW is too loosey-goosey with its controls compared to something like Ninja Gaiden!

That's the great part about CAG though, in that you can typically ignore many reviews from 'professionals' and make up your own mind, since if you wait long enough you can usually find a deal on a game you've wanted to try at the price you're willing to pay.

And most times, even if you don't like the game, you can trade it into Gamestop or Amazon for over what you paid or at least make it a very cheap rental.

Might as well mention I bought one of these, like-new condition with case and manual. A++++++ would buy again.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is their B2G1 still going on or is that done?[/QUOTE]
I believe the B2G1 for $1 or whatever was done about a week or so ago.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Don't forget to use GAMETIME10 for an extra 10% off .[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Been waiting to get this cheap, I think this is a done deal for me then, or will RLS eventually get it back in, decisions.

[quote name='Vortextk']Thanks.

Been waiting to get this cheap, I think this is a done deal for me then, or will RLS eventually get it back in, decisions.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same, but then I realized i'd rather keep the points in case anything else pops up. Ha.

I don't know what else could come up, and I think their might be a limit monthly or something(?) but points are pretty much a wash; they're so easy to get I don't really care about them. That's just me though. Hm like 3.50 more on gohastings if I don't wait for RLS. I'll sleep on it, decide if they're still in stock when I wake up.

[quote name='Thorgouge']This game is so bad why the hell is it still impossible to get it under $10. Even then I probably wouldn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree. The game is short, 6 hours or so all in all, but the graphics, voice acting and combat are all excellent. It is every bit as good as a god of war game.

[quote name='midloo']Wow thanks for the short review. I just bought a ps3 and was looking for some more exclusives to get for it, but you just talked me out of Heavenly Sword as I think GoW is too loosey-goosey with its controls compared to something like Ninja Gaiden![/QUOTE]

The controls are loose, but I like Heavenly Sword (goddess of war) a bit more than GoW. To be honest, all those button mashing, cinematic QTE riddled hack n slash games are just for the average players and are marketed so. If you are like me who prefer hardcore gameplay (hack n slash with fighting game mechanics), there's nothing better than Ninja Gaiden series... and the 2nd best Bayonetta. Yes, I play a lot of hack n slash games, as much as some of you play shooters. ;) If you can find HS for around $10, it's worth a play through. You can easily sell it for that much after you are done.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3'] I like Heavenly Sword (goddess of war) a bit more than GoW. [/QUOTE]

+1

At least compared to GoWI & II. I haven't played III yet. Heavenly Sword has amazing production values.

bread's done
Back