Photo
- - - - -

Heavenly Sword-USED-$12.98 @ GoHastings.com (8 available)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

I don't know what else could come up, and I think their might be a limit monthly or something(?) but points are pretty much a wash; they're so easy to get I don't really care about them. That's just me though. Hm like 3.50 more on gohastings if I don't wait for RLS. I'll sleep on it, decide if they're still in stock when I wake up.

#32 daminion

daminion

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

This game is so bad why the hell is it still impossible to get it under $10. Even then I probably wouldn't buy it.

Completely disagree. The game is short, 6 hours or so all in all, but the graphics, voice acting and combat are all excellent. It is every bit as good as a god of war game.

#33 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

Oos
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#34 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

Wow thanks for the short review. I just bought a ps3 and was looking for some more exclusives to get for it, but you just talked me out of Heavenly Sword as I think GoW is too loosey-goosey with its controls compared to something like Ninja Gaiden!

The controls are loose, but I like Heavenly Sword (goddess of war) a bit more than GoW. To be honest, all those button mashing, cinematic QTE riddled hack n slash games are just for the average players and are marketed so. If you are like me who prefer hardcore gameplay (hack n slash with fighting game mechanics), there's nothing better than Ninja Gaiden series... and the 2nd best Bayonetta. Yes, I play a lot of hack n slash games, as much as some of you play shooters. ;) If you can find HS for around $10, it's worth a play through. You can easily sell it for that much after you are done.

#35 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

I like Heavenly Sword (goddess of war) a bit more than GoW.

+1

At least compared to GoWI & II. I haven't played III yet. Heavenly Sword has amazing production values.

#36 mivan83

mivan83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

just finished it not too long ago, worth the rental, glad I went that route though