Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#391 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

Shouldn't it be S for Savings since it uses over 50% less energy too. :p

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#392 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Shouldn't it be S for Savings since it uses over 50% less energy too. :p

You won't see a difference in your bill.

seanr1221.png

#393 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Well yeah... especially here in Kaliforya.

Trade List

#394 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

Does anyone know if the old 360 component cable will fit in the new 360? I did something incredibly stupid and accidentally traded in my component cable with my previous 360. Using the A/V cables is awful.

Posted Image

#395 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

It does fit. (that's what she said)

Trade List

#396 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Got off the phone with Xbox support, they're sending me a replacement power supply. I should have it in about two or three weeks.

Looks like my PS3 is getting some love these next few weeks.

#397 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

I really want to get a slim, but I keep telling myself no. I already have a 120GB Elite and a 60GB (that never gets played and is basically a media server in my bedroom...although, the connection seems spotty at best, even with N wireless in my house). I was thinking of trading that one in. My one BIG gripe is, no BLU-RAY still. I cannot believe more people did not complain. It's not like there is a format war anymore....Blu-Ray drives are cheap enough now. I just don't get it.

#398 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

We've already established that M$ fucked up on the Blu Ray part. They were screwed if they didn't they were screwed if they did. That hasn't changed.

It's sad really... I like hitting the drive button for that stupid *ding* sound. I need to record that and make it my txt message alert sound. xD

Trade List

#399 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

It's too late in the product's life to change formats. I agree with VipFREAK. MS didn't have a horse in that race.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#400 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

Sorry to double post

http://kotaku.com/55...ew-199-xbox-360

Ask the right questions, get the right answers. An internal marketing Q&A for Microsoft about confirm that Kinect will be bundled with consoles, and a $199 configuration of its new Xbox 360 will be available this fall. In its document, Microsoft said Kinect would be available as a standalone device and as "part of a bundle with the newly designed Xbox 360 console," but "we have no additional details about pricing or retail strategy to share at this time." Kinect bundles already sprouted up at GameStop, earlier this week, an Arcade bundle for $299 and an Elite bundle for $399.
An Arcade version of the new black Xbox 360 was also alluded to, although, read verbatim, the Microsoft document says simply:

Q: Will you sell a $199 version of the new Xbox 360?
A: We will offer a $199 Xbox 360 this fall.

There were no further details about this console's features, such as hard drive/onboard storage (if any) or WiFi, which is 250GB and internal, respectively, on the new Slim design. A $199 model would probably lack both. The current Arcade layout supports HDMI output so that would probably carry over, at least.
In case you're wondering, that's the promo shot of the 250GB layout, which one assumes will look the same externally. Microsoft has provided no images of the bundles or the $199 slim.

Could that the 120GB version that Tested.com came across?
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#401 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

I have no regrets, I'm not gonna bother with Kinect either.

Trade List

#402 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

It's too late in the product's life to change formats. I agree with VipFREAK. MS didn't have a horse in that race.

How is adding a Blu-Ray drive changing formats? You do realize that Blu-Ray drives also read DVD's. I don't see how adding a Blu-Ray drive really would've screwed with MS that much. Yes, the cost probably would've went up, but Sony seems to keep their cost at $299. Essentially, they are the same console now, except the PS3 has BD. I own both systems, and enjoy both....but from a pure Media Player, I enjoy the PS3 more at this point.

#403 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

The games are regular disks not blu ray. Sony probably has been taking more loss than profit on the PS3 in general in terms of what they were trying to ask for. New tech at the time they did it was a lot more expensive.

Trade List

#404 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:05 AM

Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent Wireless "N" Router at a decent price by chance?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#405 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

I dunno about price, but there's probably and increase in availability of used ones at GameStop. lol

Trade List

#406 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

^^He said router not 360 adapter.

#407 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

oh, oops. Those aren't easy to find cheap online?

Trade List

#408 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

oh, oops. Those aren't easy to find cheap online?

not good ones. you can probably get a crappy n router for 40 bucks new. but to get a dual n router that does 300 mbps that good would run you over 100 bucks

#409 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

Wow, glad I can't tell the difference. lol

Trade List

#410 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

Starts at $60 for an entry level Wireless-N router.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003B48UNG

#411 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

I forgot I have to have an N router to be able to make use of the N adapter built into the 360 too. :\

I'm in no rush.

Trade List

#412 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:56 AM

I forgot I have to have an N router to be able to make use of the N adapter built into the 360 too. :\

I'm in no rush.

The only benefit 802.11N is going to give you is if you're streaming lots of large files locally on your LAN. It won't make any difference for Internet connectivity or speed.

#413 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:07 AM

What about online gameplay?

Trade List

#414 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

I am selling one of my 3 360s to a coworker to get some money towards one of these new 360s. I want to keep the better system out of the following two:

I have a Halo 3 system that I got from the Hot Topic deal a couple years ago for $180 and a Arcade system from Dell for $170 like last year. How can you tell if one has a Jasper chip set if they do at all? they both have relatively the same play time, I just want to sell the one which is more likely to have the worse chip set. Thanks.

#415 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

Got it, loving it so far. The top gets a little hot but it might work out for in the winter. I could easily heat up some food or keep my coco warm.

#416 nore

nore

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

Back OT: My buddy said he was able to put a deposit down at GS to hold a system. They are expecting 3 shipments between now and July 9th. FYI: he lives in a small town.

That happened to me today and I was shocked. It's not like it's a new kind of console. This is my first xbox but they let people buy them all to ebay them. I live in a small town, also.

edit: I think I'm 166th in line. I'm hoping I can get it by July

#417 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

That happened to me today and I was shocked. It's not like it's a new kind of console. This is my first xbox but they let people buy them all to ebay them. I live in a small town, also.

They are NOT supposed to sell any more than 1 to a person. I would contact corprate and rat out the store. But then again I'm the vindictive type.
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#418 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

166? are you kidding me? a lot of people including me just walked into the store to get one. i guess im glad i was late 20 mins to class to pick one up right when they opened.

#419 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

I was at a best buy the other day and they had 2 and the walmart I was at the guy said they will have some in next week. I would go some place else isntead of being put on a list that is 166 long.
Posted Image

#420 nixts

nixts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

Very similar experience as well. I live in New York and called several local GS but none of them had any in stock. Several expected small shipments over the next few weeks, but as mentioned, there are already waiting lists. There are 2 local BB's that have them in stock, but like many others here, I'd like to take advantage of the trade-in promo.
---------------------------
My Game Collection:
http://users.ign.com/collection/nixts