Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#421 abouttandoutt

abouttandoutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2383 THE Red Dot of Death!

#422 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2383 THE Red Dot of Death!

Lol. That's hilarious. Kinda nice that it tells you when it's not getting enough ventilation and automatically shuts off to minimize the damage.

#423 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, sounds like there solution to RROD problems was to put in a failsafe that shuts down the machine when it gets too hot, rather than building a machine that doesn't get too hot in the first place!

That's fine if it doesn't come up on consoles that are in open areas and only ones in tight cabinets etc. Would be annoying if it happens in long gaming sessions even when in a well ventilated position in an air conditioned room etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#424 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

That's fine if it doesn't come up on consoles that are in open areas and only ones in tight cabinets etc. Would be annoying if it happens in long gaming sessions even when in a well ventilated position in an air conditioned room etc.

I keep all my consoles in an unventilated cabinet. I might have to watch this issue for a bit - I'm debating on whether to get a new one but the Arcade unit I got last November works great - I just need more HDD space.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#425 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

I just have a TV stand with 3 shelves under it that's open in the front in the back. Xbox 360 is currently on the hardwood floor beside the tv stand, with the shelved taken by the surround sound receiver, cable box/dvr and blu ray player.

I don't plan on upgrading. Price is low enough now that if my 360 RRODs out of warranty (which would be October), I'd just buy a new one. I don't use it enough to do a preemptive upgrade.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#426 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Gizmo and the rest of you, shut up about the dang Triple and if it's a good Blu player or not. You're trolling and disrupting the thread. Which, in case you hadn't noticed, is about the new 360.

Now I get to clean out a bunch of useless posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic. Good work, folks.
gwensigol8.png

#427 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

The games are regular disks not blu ray. Sony probably has been taking more loss than profit on the PS3 in general in terms of what they were trying to ask for. New tech at the time they did it was a lot more expensive.

I never said to start making GAMES on Blu-Ray....just add a Blu-Ray drive so you have the option to watch BD movies. I understand that MS could never put games on Blu-Ray at this point.

#428 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

I never said to start making GAMES on Blu-Ray....just add a Blu-Ray drive so you have the option to watch BD movies. I understand that MS could never put games on Blu-Ray at this point.

give it up already, it's not even that serious. I don't know anyone who is even checking for blu ray movies anymore. Not like there is anywhere really to rent them. Hollywood videos got closed down, hastings did too. I am not going to wait 3 days to receive a blu ray from netflix and ontop of that pay more monthly. You can get a stand alone blu ray player cheap now so even if it was an add-on for 360 it would be pointless really. Besides, blu ray is big on ps3 already supposedly and it's not doing alot for them. Only 2 friends of mine have ps3's and they don't even buy or rent blu rays. It's a waste of $.

#429 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, there's no point in an add-on these days with standalone Blu Ray player prices falling so low and continuing to go down.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#430 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

Not to mention if they handed Blu Ray the same way they did the HD DVD add-on... it wouldn't make much difference.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#431 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

The HD DVD drive was because of a deal between MS and Toshiba on the VC1 spec. Unlike MPEG 2/4, VC1 compression could be big bucks for MS if it (HD DVD) caught on. MS had no intentions of ever releasing games on it. They did plan on adding it into the system to compete with PS3, but that was nixed at CES 2008 for obvious reasons.

As it stands, and my whole point before, is there is no need for a Blu drive inside since stand alones are so cheap.

#432 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

The no space and no need for my PS3 would beg to differ, but yeah since it's M$ a 360 and a PS3 is better. Or I suppose a Stand alone.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#433 Neo

Neo

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

My New Xbox 360 had shipped from Amazon Monday afternoon w/ one day shipping, but now, around an hour ago, there was a "Shipping Exception" in Philadelphia on its way from Delaware to here in Minnesota, and now "Shipment is Delayed".

If I don't have my system tomorrow, when I get home from work I will raising more hell than I did with Newegg when they ed up my Halo 3: ODST order and gave me a $75 credit and free overnight shipping on ODST. I'm so angry right now...I've never had such a hard time just trying to ing buy something, it's been an ordeal for over a week now.

539186.png

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- Raptr

------------------------------------

My Blog - (Updated 11/22)

#434 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

I've got a ps3, wondering if this new system is worth it.

San Diego Padres...Let's keep the good things we have...trading Gregerson goes against that!
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Boston Celtics...we won it back in 08, I'm satisfied
Vancouver Canucks. yayy division realignment.

#435 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Did anyone see the Giant Bomb video where they take out the HDD and the wireless N and boot up the system? That seems like a sign that they could easily release this exact system as an "arcade" if they wanted to.
Posted Image

#436 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

It's all pretty much confirmed for a fall release, no idea what'll be included with it though.

#437 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

give it up already, it's not even that serious. I don't know anyone who is even checking for blu ray movies anymore. Not like there is anywhere really to rent them. Hollywood videos got closed down, hastings did too. I am not going to wait 3 days to receive a blu ray from netflix and ontop of that pay more monthly. You can get a stand alone blu ray player cheap now so even if it was an add-on for 360 it would be pointless really. Besides, blu ray is big on ps3 already supposedly and it's not doing alot for them. Only 2 friends of mine have ps3's and they don't even buy or rent blu rays. It's a waste of $.

I rent Bu-Rays all the time for my PS3....I still think MS could've integrated a Blu-Ray drive for the price they are selling it. Oh well...not a big deal, but it would've been nice.

#438 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

Yeah, if you are really worried about xbox getting a blue ray add on you must not understand what CAG is about.

You should have easilly been able to find a good deal on a stand alone player by now. I dont even see why this is a talking point.