10 replies to this topic

#1 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

:ps3: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002QHDKB6/
:360: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002QHDKE8/

Edited by Azuvidexus, 15 June 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#2 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

Pretty tempting when I consider than I have $30 in Amazon credit but I think I'm going to hold out, I still haven't really played Skate 2. Thanks though OP, pretty good deal.

#3 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

i borrowed skate 3 from a friend for a week or so and enjoyed it. i don't think i want to drop this much money on it yet though, especially after reading from reviews that it's not a huge improvement over skate 2. should i just get skate 2?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

Pretty tempting when I consider than I have $30 in Amazon credit but I think I'm going to hold out, I still haven't really played Skate 2. Thanks though OP, pretty good deal.

same here

#5 oli821

oli821

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

To the two w/ the $30 amazon promo credit (assuming its not regular gift card credit). The skate 3 trade in value is $40 for ps3. Rent Skate 3 for a week, maybe swap out that shiny new game case for a dinged up old one you have, then send it off converting your promo credit in to gift card credit.

Edited by oli821, 14 June 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

To the two w/ the $30 amazon promo credit (assuming its not regular gift card credit). The skate 3 trade in value is $40 for ps3. Rent Skate 3 for a week, maybe swap out that shiny new game case for a dinged up old one you have, then send it off converting your promo credit in to gift card credit.

Thank you so much for this. I have $10 in promo credit that expires at the end of this month and I couldn't find a thing to use it on. I also had $40 in GC credit so this was paid off fully with $30GC and $10 promo and I have no interest in the game, but I can finally convert it to actual amazon GC money and get a shiny new case.

I usually check to see the TiV for DotD games but I guess it slipped my mind today.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

If I didn't have so many games to play right now, I'd jump on this.

It seems like every game is dropping to 40.00 within a month (This, UFC, Blur, SPlit/Second, etc.).

seanr1221.png

#8 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Tempting, but too many others to still play. Gotta go lower!

#9 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

I'm thinking the same thing as most people it seems, I want to get the game but I've got so much on my plate already.

I still need to finish 3D Dot Game Heroes and Peace Walker. Have yet to open Tiger Woods 11 and still have a lot of desire to keep playing ModNation Racers and Red Dead Redemption even though I've finished their story modes. I also got Toy Story 3 coming in this week from Amazon and just bought Joe Danger off the PSN. Maybe by the time I finish all of these this will be the regular price.

#10 bluem00se

bluem00se

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Same boat as most here. I've got plenty of games to play still, and though this is tempting, I've thoroughly played 1 and 2 and I've heard 3 isn't too different from 2. I might pick this up when it reaches 20 dollar territory

#11 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

i think the only difference in gameplay between 2 and 3 is the addition of darkslides and improved walking. not sure if that warrants an extra $20 over the GH ed. of Skate 2.