E3 2010 Highlights & Web Stream Guide

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Welcome to the Unofficial CAG E3 Discussion Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to highlight keynotes from E3 conferences and support discussion during live presentations. I will do my best to update the OP in real-time with official trailers, announcements, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Popular Web Streams

1up
GameSpot
Gametrailers
IGN
Xbox.com (for MS conference)
YouTube

Conferences

:360: Microsoft - Monday, June 14 @10:30AM PDT
EA - Monday, June 14 @2PM PDT
Ubisoft - Monday, June 14 @5PM PDT
:wii: Nintendo - Tuesday, June 15 @9AM PDT
:ps3: Sony - Tuesday, June 15 @12PM PDT

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights

Microsoft

• Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer and live gameplay demonstration shown; infiltrates 11/9/10
  • Microsoft announces exclusive partnership with Activision; all COD map packs to be released on 360 first
  • Hideo Kojima shows Metal Gear Rising trailer and footage for the first time; you, uh, cut stuff. . .alot
  • Cliff Blezinski live demos four-player co-op in Gears of War 3; new 'Beast' mode announced, not shown or discussed
  • Peter Molyneux charms Fable III fans with a trailer and 10/26/10 release date
  • Exclusive game, Codename Kingdoms, from Crytek announced for 360; looks like an answer to God of War?
  • Halo Reach gameplay footage shown; 9/14/10 release reiterated
  • Kinect demoed; you can now wave at your system to login rather than a simply button press or talk to yourself to navigate menus
  • ESPN/360 montage shown; ESPN announces exclusive partnership to stream sporting events live on 360 w/ full Kinect integration (free to Xbox Live Gold members)
  • Here come the Kinect games: Kinectimals (somebody better call PETA. . ), Kinect Sports (Wii Sports anyone?), Kinect Joy Ride (Kinectio Kart. . .), Kinect Adventures (ever seen those Japanese Tetris game shows? Yeah, they're more entertaining), Kin. .you know what, screw it - Wii Fit (Your Shape Fitness Evolved), Dance Central (I don't even like dancing, why would I want to see myself fail?)
  • Star Wars Kinect gameplay shown (footage was leaked last night; now confirmed)
  • Forza 4 gameplay demoed live using Kinect; new features shown, such as inspecting cars by walking around or sitting in it
  • 360 Slim announced, shown (250GB HDD, built-in WiFi), and priced $300 (Unboxing)
4700187973_189d9aab5c.jpg
4700818636_91215a4f1d.jpg

EA

• Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit trailer, live gameplay, and release date of 11/16/10; NICE! Auto-log feature announced as a statistical component and leaderboard
  • Dead Space 2 jumps ship and takes the fight to the Sprawl homeworld; live gameplay pretends to be scary. Date with your ex set for 1/25/11
  • Medal of Honor moves on from WWII (read: wants to compete with MW2) and a live 24-player demo of 'Team Assault' is given. Beta starts 6/21/10 and launches on 10/12/10
  • Gunclub.EA.com now live for early beta access, exclusive guns, etc
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion teased for winter release (how about fixing the game first DICE?)
  • Peter Moore loves MMA so much he created EA Sports Live Broadcast to host games for spectators can watch live; MMA hits shelves 10/9/10
  • EA Sports Active 2 is easily missed in the sea of clones; 11/16/10 for those who care
  • Apparently Madden 11 'evolves' with a lot of 'what ifs'; Joe Montana takes the stage wondering why he's here. Game Flow is the answer, obviously
  • Sims 3 questions free will; also comes to consoles this October
  • Crysis 2 promises most intelligent enemies EVAR! Live gameplay says otherwise. 3D goggles optional holiday 2010
  • Cliffy B. thinks his new game, Bulletstorm, is more fun than "watching a fat kid play with cake"; live demo shown along with a release date of 2/22/11
  • Every Star Wars: The Old Republic player will own a ship in the game; used as a 'base of operations'. PVP details finally announced through the use of 'Warzones' (famous battles replayed). 'Hope' trailer shown
Ubisoft

Nintendo

Sony

• 3D firmware update out now
  • Killzone 3 live demo shown; supports move and is out February 2011
  • Sly Cooper Collection confirmed as part of 3D lineup
  • Sorcery puts on its wizard robe and hat live
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 demoed live; no, you can't have affairs or crash SUVs
  • Sly Cooper, Jak, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank team up for Heroes on the Move
  • Coca-Cola to sport Move logos and give stuff away later this year
  • Kevin Butler makes his grand entrance to tell the world why we should love Move; officially becomes the Stephen Colbert of gamers
  • Playstation Move launches 9/15/10 for $50 (Move controller), $30 (Navigation controller), or bundled with Eye-Toy + Sports Champions game (no Navigation controller included) for $100; PS3 bundle includes previous assortment for $400. 15 1st party titles priced at $40 with over 40 launch titles highlighted (Socom 4, Time Crisis Rising Storm, Resident Evil 5 Gold, Ruse, etc)
  • Only KB can save PSP, says Sony; rough cuts of new PSP commercials shown
  • Invizimals to debut Eye-Toy for PSP
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta trailer helps milk the franchise more
  • Over 9000! (70) titles coming to PSP this holiday; trailer 'steps it up'
  • Home update today allows gamers to check out the E3 booths online
  • Little Big Planet 2 gameplay demoed live; adds mini-games
  • Playstation Plus offers early beta access, discounts off PSN store; 1-year = $50, 3-month = $18. Content is 'rented' for the duration of your sub
  • Medal of Honor SP trailer is pretty; MP kill reel looks familiar. Exclusive LE includes Frontline. Enter the warzone 10/12/10
  • Dead Space 2 cliffhanger concludes with live demo; another exclusive LE packages Extraction w/ Move support
  • Gabe Newell eats his words and brings Portal 2 to PS3; world premiere trailer shown
  • Final Fantasy XIV finally gets a new trailer
  • Mafia II exclusive content promised for free
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood gets free missions only on PS3 and exclusive PSN beta; first MP gameplay shown
  • Grand Turismo 5 trailer roars through cityscapes; start your engines (in 3D) 11/2/10
  • inFamous 2 trailer re-imagines the franchise; hit the ground running in 2011
  • David Jaffe unveils TWISTED METAL; live team deathmatch and Nuke MP demo given. Explodes onto shelves 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent cant wait!

Thanks for doing this Jodou, my employer blocks most gaming sites except CAG, so this will probably be my only source of info, so your efforts are MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Seems the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood trailer leaked this morning along with the release date of 11/16. PC should be a simultaneous release this time, draconian DRM included.

In other news, Project Natal has reappeared under the guise of Kinect to mild applause. Most seem to be unimpressed, but the real test will be when it's shown to the general public today.

media

Last edited by a moderator:
MS just posted a link to where the live stream will be xbox .com/en-US/community/events/e3/briefing.htm but if you look at the source code you can get it on a clean page at gametrailers .com/netstorage/livestream.html witch im assuming will have all the keynotes since they are the web partner for e3

i cant post links so there is a space between the .com

Also live.twit.tv is doing coverage ass well.

Tom

It seems my start time for MS is incorrect and it will actually start at 10am PDT. Either way, wanted to make sure anyone who read my start time earlier was aware of the change. T minus 30 and counting. . .

[quote name='Tombomb318']MS just posted a link to where the live stream will be xbox .com/en-US/community/events/e3/briefing.htm but if you look at the source code you can get it on a clean page at gametrailers .com/netstorage/livestream.html witch im assuming will have all the keynotes since they are the web partner for e3

i cant post links so there is a space between the .com

Also live.twit.tv is doing coverage ass well.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the unbranded link. It's showing LIVE and a timer, but no audio/video yet. Anyone seeing anything?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Thanks for the unbranded link. It's showing LIVE and a timer, but no audio/video yet. Anyone seeing anything?[/QUOTE]
Still 25 minutes to go, so I don't expect to see anything yet.

Gamespot just took a shit, so that stream is down.

gametrailers. com/netstorage/livestream.html?stream=/netstorage/streams/e3_2010/e3_microsoft_prod0.smil&name=microsoft&mobile=/netstorage/streams/e3_2010/e3_microsoft_prod0.m3u8

is the preshow

[quote name='Tombomb318']gametrailers. com/netstorage/livestream.html?stream=/netstorage/streams/e3_2010/e3_microsoft_prod0.smil&name=microsoft&mobile=/netstorage/streams/e3_2010/e3_microsoft_prod0.m3u8

is the preshow[/QUOTE]

I'm watching it. Not so great,but better than nothing and something to do before it starts.

Gametrailers is at least doing something ... Anyone got the name of that black & white sidescroller they were talking about maybe 5 minutes ago?

Wow its MW3: Vietnam....oh wait nope its black ops. After the disappointment that was MW2 this game looks like its done nothing to separate itself from it. They're using the same engine again.

Last cod i played was cod4 and have no need to play another but blackops looks fun i guess...and wow exclusive stuff meh

[quote name='xeno']lol cutting water melon minigame i might have to get the game.[/QUOTE]
Nah, It's probably just one of the dumb things you can do while playing the main game.

bread's done
Back