Photo
- - - - -

Goldeneye out, reviews in the 9s, cold day in Hell am comfrimd?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Still looking for players to play online, I think I put my friend code here before. PM me if you add me and I'll add you back.

#92 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

I may have to pick this up as well.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#93 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Picked this up on black Friday and so far I really like it. I am maybe 6 missions into the SP, so far the quality is surprisingly high. It's so nice to be able to use the classic controller for an FPS on the Wii, if you couldn't I don't think I would've even bothered picking it up. I also hopped into a quick MP game, that mode is also surprisingly well done. It has to be the best Online Wii game I've played (although really that's not saying a whole lot).

Does anyone know how many missions long the SP campaign is? I am just curious how far along I am.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki

Powered by apathy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

Picked this up last night to enjoy the nostalgia. I have to admit, I'm very surprised at how well this turned out. My only gripe is that I had to crank the brightness up during the first mission. Also, using a classic controller is much easier than trying to use the wiimote and nunchuk.

#95 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Yeah I just finished it today and I really liked it a lot. The missions are fun and the locales are diverse making for slightly different experience every level. I also like how you can be stealthy in this one, there is almost always a way to go thru a level stealthily.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 twa318

twa318

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

My honest assessment thus far, as of about halfway through the game.

It's a great Wii game. It's easily the best Bond game since Everything or Nothing. It fails spectacularly at being GoldenEye.

It's worth playing, but try and leave any memory of the N64 game out of it. They have literally nothing in common, which is a shame... this is a greatly competent original Craig as Bond game, and it really didn't need the GoldenEye name attached.

It's an apologist review, but it is what it is. Oh, and people complaining about the graphics? It's the Wii. This was never going to be an HD level title, and it's one of the better looking realistic games on the system. That just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

SPOT ON REVIEW

I'm a few hours into this game so far, using classic controller pro. The control scheme isnt terrible, not great.

I dont see myself finishing this game, only because its starting to become a little tedious to me. It is fun, but it doesnt deserve the title of goldeneye.

I'm going to try the nunchuck and wiimote control scheme and see if I like that any better

#97 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

I was holding off on this game until it got really cheap, but then was unexpectedly given it for Christmas. I don't have a classic controller, I'll give the Wiimote a shot but I was wondering, how does the Gamecube controller work in comparison? Is the CC worth the money, or will the GC do the game justice? That C-stick nub has me worried...
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#98 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

I was holding off on this game until it got really cheap, but then was unexpectedly given it for Christmas. I don't have a classic controller, I'll give the Wiimote a shot but I was wondering, how does the Gamecube controller work in comparison? Is the CC worth the money, or will the GC do the game justice? That C-stick nub has me worried...

I played through the game with the GCN controller. It works fine.
Posted Image

#99 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

It controls fine for the most part. It feels like a kickback to the 90s. Is it worth $50? Maybe but $30 is a better price

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#100 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Goldeneye is available at Costco for $30 because of an instant rebate. It's the version without CCP.

test.gif

#101 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Just picked this up today.
Not bad, actually.
Only played about an hour - NOT online -.. and only with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk. Anyone enjoy playing this with the zapper? I have to admit, I'm not a big fan so far of these controls (Yes I've played with the settings). Looks like another Wii game that I have to use last gen's controller to play it with.. :roll:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#102 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Just picked this up today.
Not bad, actually.
Only played about an hour - NOT online -.. and only with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk. Anyone enjoy playing this with the zapper? I have to admit, I'm not a big fan so far of these controls (Yes I've played with the settings). Looks like another Wii game that I have to use last gen's controller to play it with.. :roll:

Gold controller is the way to go...
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.