Shall i sell my X360 for cash or keep my 2 console stash?

Surisis

CAG Veteran
I currently own both PS3 and X360. So i made a pro-con debate here. what you guys think?

+Controller is very nice for FPS
-I'm playing less and less FPS

+XBox live is better than PSN
-Xbox live should be better because it costs money.

+Selling my Box 360 will grant me money
-Selling it won't grant a very good sum of money

+Xbox has Gears of War, Alan wake, some decent XBL arcade titles...., i guess halo reach?, splinter cell, possibly better graphics in some cases? MASS EFFECT 3...but that's on pc.
-PC, so often has graphic issues that i hate. Driver issues. on xbox it will just works.

+mass effect 3 is launching 2011 fall?
-yeah right more like q1 2012....can you say batman 3?

+I can always buy a new 360 slim if i am compelled to.
-I could buy a ton of ps3 games or pc hardware as an alternative to buying a brand new device....

+I don't like the feeling of 360 exclusive passing me by....
-I don't necessarily care as much as a i used to. Ps3 seems to have exclusives that are more to my liking.

+Xbox live may support nicer features in the future like hulu, espn...
-Ads everywhere, live is cumbersome to deal with, everything on live is monetized even with a paid live subscription

+Xbox used games are cheaper to buy than PS3 on the internet.
-Ps3 games also sell for slightly more money, retain value longer.

+Moderwarfare2 will one day be fixed and balanced.
-no, it really won't. infinity ward is no longer involved.

+the xbox just might get another great FPS shooter
-a shooter that de-thrones modern warfare 2 seems unlikely for this generation.

+Ps3 won't be as comfortable for FPS playing
-according to Ps3 stats on Modern warfare 1 i am more accurate than on 360 version. PC is also an FPS option.

+competition will be the fiercest on xbox???
-for FPS and madden only not for the rest of the world...depends greatly on the style of game.

+Xbox 360 is the American favorite
-Ps3 thus far is selling more diversely throughout the world.

+Sony game division lost a lot of money on the ps3 and might be in trouble
-Microsoft just got dethroned by APPLE as leader in technology....

+Xbox live bans cheaters?
-XBL report system is a joke. there are no PSN bans that i know of.

+xbox live makes it very easy to party up and move from game to game. Everyone has a headset
-EVERYONE, has a headset....most of my friends have ps3 already.

+cumbersome issues in the xbox live service has degraded over time and is leaving me disinterested.
-PSN isn't great but it has very slowly gotten good.

+Xbox does not suffer from firmware upgrades as often as PSN
-i haven't been the victim of any bad firmware issues on PSN or Xbox.

+Natal or Microsoft kinect will be coming soon
-early adopters are always the first to suffer, motion control hasn't truly made a hard-core game audience happy. nor myself.

So that's the debate in my head about if i should sell my 360 and just keep ps3 for all my console needs.

Any thoughts or advice?

It sounds to me like you really want to keep you're 360. I am in a similar situation, but mine is different because I just want to sell my 360 and buy the 360 shiny immediately.

I also have both a PS3 and a 360. I personally play my 360 way more than the PS3, I usually just play certain titles (fighters, exclusives) on my PS3. I'm addicted to achievements and I just enjoy the controller, interface, etc all much better with the 360.

I had a similar situation happen to me a few months ago where I sold my PS3. I'm older and for me two consoles was a lttle extreme. So I had to sit down a figure out which on I enjoyed more. For me personally xbox live is awesome and Im a big sports fan plus a gamer and it's awesome their adding espn. I also can not stand the ps3 controller and the exclusives on 360 are more for me. That doesn't take anything away from the PS3 they have great exclusives too but the 360 is just more my style. I also need to mention that the PS3 has a better resale value becuase of Blu ray.

What are you going to make by selling your 360? $50, maybe $75? It would be better to just cancel your Gold subscription, stuff the system in your closet, and get it out again when it's time for Gears 3 and ME3, rather than going through the hassle of selling and then possibly needing to buy a new one down the road.

Bcclagrange, how much money did you get for selling your ps3? after you did it was the money you got reasonable or dissapointing? Do you regret not having the device?

bread's done
Back