Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

ooooooooo got to get one!
Posted Image

#272 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

Even though it's a longer wait this will ensure that I will have more than enough for a 3DS and some of the games out at launch. Might even sell some other stuff on top of that and invest in more 3DS software.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#273 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:27 AM

January 1st...Believe! lol (Technically next year)
What an awesome start to the new year that would be.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#274 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

I'm cool either way. If it comes out this year, awesome. But if it comes out next year that just means everyone has more time to work on their launch games and make them better.

#275 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

I wonder how much these 3DS games will cost. I hope they stay in the current DS price range of $30-$35 and those SNES or NES remakes should not cost the same as a full retail 3DS game.

They apparently cost $35-40

http://www.amazon.co...X79BM9PECR3Z4CG

#276 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Eh, while that's somewhat reassuring, early reservations by retailers tend to be suggestions at first. But we'll see. It makes sense that they'd be $35 minimum, given the boost in power, which takes it to somewhere above-or-around PSP levels, since I never for sure got this straightened out. Of course, Nintendo knows game prices (like hardware) should really be affordable, so I'm going to hope for current prices. But we'll see.

On a 100% unrelated note, and given that this thread has a lot of exposure, did anyone here use my Threadless link in my signature lately? Because I got some points the other day, and I'd just like to say thanks to whoever did that. So please let me know, and a preemptive thanks!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#277 mastagoalie

mastagoalie

long live games and 420

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

I will be a day one adopter and that is primarily because of the words nintendo and Metal Gear, but seriously, kid icarus is gonna be great! Zelda and Starfox look great but shouldn't we be more excited on the possibilities to come rather than another rehash by nintendo (no I haven't played it yet).. I am just saying.

edit: I did see somewhere while going through e3 stuff that it's scheduled release date was march 2011, if you didn't hear it yet, you heard it here first!
-Masta

#278 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

http://kotaku.com/55...ds-release-date

seanr1221.png

#279 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

It could possibly be the happiest Christmas ever.

But I won't hold my breath.

#280 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

My only problem with the 3DS is that I think my kids are due to get this one, not me. :(

:)

#281 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

KingBroly was right - PR retraction on Monday, just as he predicted.

I think it's crazy that your PRESIDENT EXEC could make a statement and have it be retracted a few days later. Why didn't he just stick to the "by March 2011" prediction? That would have made more sense.

Also, it looked like Jimmy Fallon wasn't even looking at the screen during that whole bit, in much the same way you can tell someone isn't playing a game in a movie/tv show when they just PRESSALLTHEBUTTONSREALLYFASTJUSTLIKETHISBECAUSETHEYARESOGOODATITOMG.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#282 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

After playing S&P2, the 3DS NEEDS a S&P game.

seanr1221.png

#283 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

I am hoping for a remake of Xenogears in 3D!

On a side note I wonder if applying screen protector on the top screen will diminish the 3D effect. I know you don't really need one but it just give me extra assurance when I let my nephew and niece play with my portable system.

#284 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'm slightly more positive on this thing after considering that the 3D slider itself could be incorporated into the game mechanics, thus being legitimately more than "the same games but with a new visual flare".

Cut out the rest of your comment, but was there any indication that the slider position was readable by the system? It seemed that the slider was passive so that you could adjust for your viewing distance.

#285 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

For instance, a platformer where sections would need to be completely 2D or 3D (or certain points in between) for you to proceed.

At the risk of sounding snarky, you should look into a little game called Super Paper Mario. Having a character run around on a 2D plane with the ability to flip to a 3D mode to uncover stuff hidden behind other stuff and the like was a key element of that game.

Cut out the rest of your comment, but was there any indication that the slider position was readable by the system? It seemed that the slider was passive so that you could adjust for your viewing distance.

The system firmware at least will be aware of whether or not the 3D toggle is on or off. If it's off, it won't need to generate a second image...so having it generate a second one would be a needless waste of some energy. As to whether games themselves will know if a system is in 3D mode or not, they'll almost need to, in case games rely on 2D or 3D for any reason.

#286 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

This just in Reggie said the 3DS might come out in 2010.

#287 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:11 AM

Also, it looked like Jimmy Fallon wasn't even looking at the screen during that whole bit, in much the same way you can tell someone isn't playing a game in a movie/tv show when they just PRESSALLTHEBUTTONSREALLYFASTJUSTLIKETHISBECAUSETHEYARESOGOODATITOMG.

:D

This just in Reggie said the 3DS might come out in 2010.

Source? I'd love to read that.

#288 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Re: Jimmy Fallon again

In the clip, Reggie asks Jimmy "Do you know Kid Icarus?" (Or something similar, anyway.) And Jimmy responds with "Yeah, this is the one where you get all the hearts!"

I was thinking about this comment, because everyone on the 'net assumed that "Oh that stupid Jimmy, he's thinking about Zelda." But now that I think about it, hearts are the currency in the KI games.

So this actually gives more credence to the idea that he knows a bit more about games that just the superficial understanding like most celebrities would be.

Posted Image

#289 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

In the clip, Reggie asks Jimmy "Do you know Kid Icarus?" (Or something similar, anyway.) And Jimmy responds with "Yeah, this is the one where you get all the hearts!"

I was thinking about this comment, because everyone on the 'net assumed that "Oh that stupid Jimmy, he's thinking about Zelda." But now that I think about it, hearts are the currency in the KI games.

So this actually gives more credence to the idea that he knows a bit more about games that just the superficial understanding like most celebrities would be.

I don't have any doubt he's a gamer. I mean, he acts a little goofy about it, but it sounds like a gamer trying to explain their hobby to people who don't typically play games.

seanr1221.png

#290 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:37 AM

I'm quite familiar with Super Paper Mario.

It is possible that none of this will happen though. It could be the case that for accessibility reasons, it will be mandated that your game must fully function at every position on the slider, which potentially puts 3D back to superficial visual gimmick status.

Time will tell.

#291 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Well the majority of the "net" has probably never played Kid Icarus... Easy mistake.

On that note, where is the Eggplant wizard?

#292 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:03 AM

On that note, where is the Eggplant wizard?

There's a quick shot of him (and an Eggplant'd Pit) at the end of the Japanese trailer for Uprising. No clue why it was cut from the American one.

Posted Image

#293 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Wow, if the games can adjust based upon the slider, I think it would be awesome to have a 2D mario platformer, but when move the 3D slider, the camera could pan behind mario for more of a Mario 64 experience. That could open some kick ass gameplay elements, not to mention puzzles.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#294 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

There's a quick shot of him (and an Eggplant'd Pit) at the end of the Japanese trailer for Uprising. No clue why it was cut from the American one.

Heh, maybe there was a call to hold off since he already had the fanboy friendly "Sorry, to keep you waiting!"

#295 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

So does anyone know what Kid Icarus will be like? There better be some wicked dungeons like in the original. I remember drawing my own maps for that game.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#296 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

So does anyone know what Kid Icarus will be like? There better be some wicked dungeons like in the original. I remember drawing my own maps for that game.

Shooter
http://kotaku.com/55...ent-the-shooter

#297 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

Shooter
http://kotaku.com/55...ent-the-shooter

That doesn't specifically say it will be strictly a shooter. I mean, there was shooting in the original (that's all you could do really besides jump). Hopefully they are just talking about the shooting mechanic that will be used in an adventure game. If it is strictly a shooter I'll pass and I'll be highly disappointed.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#298 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

You have hybrid levels, according to Sakurai. He said he made some prototype for a game where you'd fly around Starfox style, and then go to the ground to finish. This is usually how Nintendo makes new projects - a few people make some tiny thing and then it's decided whether or not to be made into a full project.

In the trailer, Palutena says she gives Pit the gift of flight, but that it can only last for five minutes before it'll give out. Then it shows him landing and fighting stuff with a third person shooter sort of feel. I'm thinking it's Starfox meets Gears of War, in a way.

Posted Image

#299 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

That doesn't specifically say it will be strictly a shooter. I mean, there was shooting in the original (that's all you could do really besides jump). Hopefully they are just talking about the shooting mechanic that will be used in an adventure game. If it is strictly a shooter I'll pass and I'll be highly disappointed.

It doesn't appear to be strictly a shooter from my just re-watching the trailer. That appears to be the primary combat method, but the game does appear to have some exploration elements, at least at first glance. I agree with you that if it's only a shooter, I'll be quite disappointed, but something tells me the game will still be stellar.

#300 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

I've honestly just been following this blog for all my 3DS news and that's where I got the 3ds might be released in 2010 info.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/