Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
7883 replies to this topic

#2971 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I know it's early in the day but has anyone obtained a copy of BlazBlue Continuum Shift II 3DS today (or a shipping confirmation e-mail from an online retailer)? To my surprise, online retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, etc show "Out of Stock." Toys R Us doesn't seem to carry it at all (not listed on their site). What's up? Delayed? Or did Aksys do a small initial run on purpose (again)? Just wondering.

Since Blazblue has always pulled the same crap as NISA IE "The date listed is a vague claim of when it will be release. In theory you can find them, but most places are just shipping.". I happened to preorder from Gamestop and they were saying Ill have a copy come tomorrow. This location was middlebelt/grand river

#2972 io

io

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

About that bigger Stylus, I find the whole concept odd. I never liked when they went to the bigger ones in the DS Lite and newer models. I liked the original one just fine.

#2973 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

I never liked when they went to the bigger ones. I liked the original one just fine.

Of course you wouldn't, io.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2974 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

So eShop comes next Monday, right? I'm surprised we have virtually no information. Which I knew what was launching with the service, how much it is, clarity about payment types and DSi transfers.

#2975 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

So eShop comes next Monday, right? I'm surprised we have virtually no information. Which I knew what was launching with the service, how much it is, clarity about payment types and DSi transfers.

They'll turn it on @ E3 during their press conference when they're on stage, explaining how it all works :)

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN, League of Legends~~

1418-6694-9603 // Add me for PKMN fun! (PM me w/ you FC if you do add -.-)

#2976 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

http://www.nintendow....com/news/26461

Excitebike, 3D classics revamp, will be free at launch.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#2977 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

North American users get Excitebike 3D for free as well. I got Mad D'd.

Nintendo is also releasing a Pokedex 3D for free. Makes me wish I played Pokemon.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2978 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

http://www.nintendow....com/news/26461

Excitebike, 3D classics revamp, will be free at launch.

Hey, I can't argue with free. Even I played a little Excite Bike back in the day.

Nintendo is also releasing a Pokedex 3D for free. Makes me wish I played Pokemon.

Very cool. Unfortunately, at the rate I get Streetpasses, it'll take forever to complete that Pokedex.

#2979 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Very cool. Unfortunately, at the rate I get Streetpasses, it'll take forever to complete that Pokedex.

Same here. I have only gotten one street pass so far and that was in a gamestop. :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2980 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

I got over 120 Miis and at least 20 Street pass match with Street Fighter IV. Since it is free I am definitely going to get some streetpass for pokedex

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2981 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

This app should give some strong indications as to where the franchise is headed on 3DS. SpotPass totally makes sense for random battling, and AR could be a really interesting way of doing Pokemon captures.

#2982 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

I just want Pokemon Snap 3DS.

#2983 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Big Streetpass/E3 event at the Nintendo World Store next Tuesday:
http://www.facebook.com/StreetPassNYC

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#2984 omster

omster

I used to be cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Not sure exactly what the game is about, but since the character is half dog half bean, it caught my attention.
Mameshiba 3DS

#2985 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

There is a streetpass event in Buffalo NY at the Walden Galleria Mall this Sunday. Probably can't make it but I will try. I don't have a 3DS though so I would be the odd one out, but they will have games like Dragon Quest. I doubt many will show but should be at least a few (its really tough to organize an event like this, I did it once, takes weeks of planning to find a time when most people can come).

#2986 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

god i love this ghost recon game. that is all.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2987 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Originally posted by some guy in another thread:

I agree that 3D is a huge gimmick. But hey, for $150 + a game, I'm happy with paying that. The system should've only cost $150 in the first place. Now if it was essentially a slightly lesser version of the NGP with 3D, that'd be a different story. I guess I'm just disappointed that this is all the 3DS is capable of. It's basically like if Nintendo didn't release their expansion pack for the N64, but instead released a whole new console with only the extra power of the expansion pack. Kind of a waste.

That happened.

I can't even.

:wall:

#2988 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Uhhh.....

Posted Image

#2989 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

Sorry, in the long, sad pantheon of ridiculous statements about the 3DS, that one was too above and beyond for me to not mock it *somewhere*.

#2990 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

I was seriously confused. I had to sit down. Which meant I had to stand up first and then sit down, a sequence of events I did execute properly, which is quite remarkable given the level of brain damage that comment no doubt dealt me.

Posted Image

#2991 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

since you didn't post the quote link, who is the genius who wrote that?

strell - i hope you weren't on the john.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2992 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

My brain hurts after reading that comment.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2993 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295497

The quote is from the first page of this thread. The title of the thread alone sort of pissed me off, but that quote was just amazing.

At least by page 2 people seem to be actually correcting things.

#2994 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Nintendo.com has a page up showing off the system update that's going live next week. There are some great screenshots from the Pokedex and Excitebike on there.

http://www.nintendo....s/system-update

Edited by pippin, 02 June 2011 - 04:56 PM.
grammar

#2995 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Darn it, web page ate my message. Writing it in OpenOffice this time!

That Amazon Buy 1 Get 1 50% off thing prompted me to realize I need to spend my credit. Unfortunately, the credit seems to still just be good for launch games...

Had been thinking Rabbids in Time + Okamiden (didn't like the first one, but still kind of curious). Now I'm thinking I'll combine the two promos. Maybe Rabbids in Time + Shadow Wars for $35. Not bad!

Unfortunately, the credit seems to still just be good for launch games... Not much selection (especially considering I already have four of the launch games!) but:
-Shadow Wars-probably too hard, but theoretically I like games like this
-the weirdly named Rayman 3D...which is actually Rayman 2. This is actually the game I like most out of the launch things, probably...except I already own it on PC (GOG's selling it!) and on Playstation 2... So weird that both the DS seven years later the 3DS launched with this same game...
-Lego Star Wars? Eh, I don't like these
-Soccer? I liked the N64 Konami one pretty well, but they've probably gotten harder.
-Steel Diver? Umm...I don't know. I sort of want to try it. If it ever hits $20 or less I may.
-Super Monkey Ball? These are cute looking, but drive me nuts and kind of make me sick.
-Bust a Move? I actually wouldn't mind this too much...

Hmm...not a great selection for me. I think Shadow Wars wins by default. Worst case it's too hard, I sell it, I guess.

Already own Street Fighter, Nintendogs, Ridge Racer, and Pilot Wings
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2996 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

There's... only 150+ PKMN in the Pokedex? What?

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN, League of Legends~~

1418-6694-9603 // Add me for PKMN fun! (PM me w/ you FC if you do add -.-)

#2997 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

There's... only 150+ PKMN in the Pokedex? What?

It's only B&W pokemon.

#2998 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295497

The quote is from the first page of this thread. The title of the thread alone sort of pissed me off, but that quote was just amazing.

At least by page 2 people seem to be actually correcting things.

oh god. that thread is so full of fail and so full of failures (especially on the first page.)

that "consumers are to blame for the $250 price point" thing is bullshit. Some hack mistranslated an interview and everyone picked up on the erroneous reporting.

There are like a handful of morons on CAG who just can't be taken seriously. Yet, they manage to piss everyone off.

Ees7Y.jpg

#2999 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Honestly, that's why I just posted it here instead of replying in that thread. Really wasn't worth the effort the argument would take.

'Fanboy' stuff aside, I feel like the 3DS has gotten a much larger share of derision and hate than it should, and I'm not totally sure why. I can only assume it's because of the amount of misinformation out there, since the comments are usually just ridiculously off-base. I mean, honestly, when I see things comparing it to the N64 Expansion Pack, that it should only cost $125, or that it's simply a 3D DS, I just can't help but shake my head.

I don't know, I think it just bothers me because I really and truly like the 3DS as a system. Having picked up on launch day, there hasn't been a moment where I regretted the purchase. It's not a perfect system by any means, and I can certainly take issue with the battery life, the lack of a second stick, the camera clarity, and the pricetag, but there are a lot of things that Nintendo did right here. The fact, too, that in a launch window with very meager offerings I managed to pick up 4 games that I honestly really enjoyed is a pretty good sign. DoA coming out recently, for me, is the first game that I think truly showcases the capabilities of the 3DS... honestly, if I want to show people the graphical difference between the DS and 3DS, DoA is easily my go-to game now.

Sorry for the semi-rant, but after seeing threads and comments like that pop up everywhere, I just needed to get my thoughts down somewhere.

One quick final note, too... if you're only buying a 3DS *because* of the 3D, you're doing it wrong. As ridiculous as this sounds, I hate that the 3D has become the biggest talking point with this system, because it's far from the best reason to own one.

#3000 omster

omster

I used to be cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Nice to see some details about the eShop. I wonder how much more is in store for E3. Also, since it was in question here, it's worth mentioning that the DSi points can't be used on the 3DS. Certain games and all save files can't be transfered either unfortunately.

Wolfpup, you might as well wait. No need to force yourself to enjoy a game. E3 is less than a week away and the eShop launch is even sooner.