Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8014 replies to this topic

#5761 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

You said there won't be ANY RPGs until next year. The problem with that is that we don't know much about when games are coming outside of the near future, so E3 will have more info about releases for the rest of the year.

Isn't this the start of the gaming drawl... usually drying up till E3?

always remember not getting much for games for the next several months....

#5762 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

March is the end of the quarter for most companies, so they try to push out as many as they can by the end of the month. There's a bit of a lull because the 3DS is new and developers and publishers are taking their time getting on board.

#5763 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Within the next 10 days there will be Firmware Update.

Haven't really been doing much with my 3DS lately besides the usual 2500 steps a day I take and the 30-40 minutes I play KI:U.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5764 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Welp, I finally got a 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land (and Tetris Axis, which Gamestop gave me for free as part of some special deal apparently).

In regards to the console itself and the shop, what should I be checking out? I've already played some Face Raiders, got a bunch of Street Passes, started collecting puzzle pieces from Street Pass and playing Find Mii, and downloaded Super Mario Land from the VC and the Resident Evil demo.
Posted Image

where scoob

#5765 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

In regards to the console itself and the shop, what should I be checking out?

Get Swapnote if you like to doodle. It's free.

Also, if you're on Club Nintendo (if not, go register), they've been allowing members to use their coins to score free 3DS/DSiWare games for a few months now. Every month there are different games. Metal Torrent is the one for this month. I think last month was Art Academy.

#5766 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I recommend Pushmo with every fiber of my being. Such an excellent game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5767 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

My copy of Kid Icarus finally came and I played through the first chapter last night. Happy to report that the stand works absolutely fine with the Power Grip +, in fact the added rubberized grip provides additional friction and I dare say it might make for a better fit. The extra weight it adds to the 3DS seems to give a more secure fit on the stand, too.

As annoyed as I am about having a stand for a portable system, it works and it works well. I don't mind some titles requiring a different approach to gameplay because ultimately it just means more diversity on the system, and other titles had essentially the same controls (Star Fox DS comes to mind, which I rather enjoyed).

#5768 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Haven't even tried the stand yet. I really don't think it is that uncomfortable to hold. I'm thankful that Nintendo included the stand with the game. They should have done the same with the circle pad pro. Maybe charge $5 or $10 more for the bundled version of the games that use it (resident evil or mgs).

#5769 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

Anyone willing to selll their stand to me?

Not intrested in Kid Icaris but would love to have the stand for Colors!
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#5770 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hm, I wouldn't think the stand would be more convenient than holding it in your hand, what with the constant use of the L button.

#5771 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I agree Pushmo is great.
Anyone played the Dragon Quest Wars?
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#5772 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Nintendo 3DS lite should come with a stand and extra circle pad built in!
8-) Head BrokeAss

#5773 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I agree Pushmo is great.

Yeah. I'm a DQ freak so I had to get it. It's ok, but there's not a lot to it. No single player campaign, repetitive soundtrack, and a very small variety of monsters. Worth a playthrough but I wouldn't buy it again that's for sure.

Nintendo 3DS lite should come with a stand and extra circle pad built in!

No.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#5774 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I agree Pushmo is great.

Can't recommend it. The game has some tutorial missions, but after that, there's just matches you assemble and play out. No story mode, no campaign. Nothing.

#5775 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Nintendo's online store has got 'em for four dolla make u holla.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#5776 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nintendo's online store has got 'em for four dolla make u holla.

I'd hold out for the limited Zelda edition in gold.

EDIT: I said, I'd hold out for the limited Zelda edition portable gaming stand.

Woo boy. *taps mic*

Can you hear me in the back?

Edited by dothog, 13 April 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5777 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Thx guys, a huge DQ fan but dont wanna pick up crap.
Maybe that iOS game will come out soon,.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#5778 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Whats the consensus here on Snake Eater's controls without the circle pad? Is it a deal breaker for people that have played it?
Posted Image

#5779 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Friendly reminder that - at least on my account - Club Nintendo Ambassador titles expire on April 21st. You've got a week to get the surveys done for the 100 points.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#5780 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

How do I check which year the surveys expire again?

#5781 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

How do I check which year the surveys expire again?

Ever since the redesign, there's not a way to do this as far as I know. Really annoying. KingBroly knows more than me though.

Posted Image

#5782 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hmm I thought so, thanks anyway!

#5783 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

They removed that info because they want people to register games ASAP. You might still have until next year for some of the old ones, but new ones expire much sooner now. According to their FAQ, registration surveys expire after a week and post-play surveys expire after four months.

#5784 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

They removed that info because they want people to register games ASAP. You might still have until next year for some of the old ones, but new ones expire much sooner now. According to their FAQ, registration surveys expire after a week and post-play surveys expire after four months.

Isn't the old way 2 or 3 years from the time you register them?

If you remember when you did it... then you can count ahead on when they will expire.

I have some that will expire this year... not a whole lot.

Most of mine will be 2013.

#5785 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Anyone get Ketzal's Corridors yet? I love a good puzzle game but I'm a little worried about the pacing -- I'm pretty easily frustrated by speed-challenge stuff in games.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#5786 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Heroes of Ruin is supposed to come out in June, and looks interesting. Kinda like Gauntlet with deeper RPG elements...

I played Heroes of Ruin at PAX and your description is right. Plus, the 3D is intense! It has so many layers I actually had to turn the 3D down a bit (never had to do that for a 3DS game before)!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#5787 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Anyone get Ketzal's Corridors yet? I love a good puzzle game but I'm a little worried about the pacing -- I'm pretty easily frustrated by speed-challenge stuff in games.

Only played for about 10 minutes or so, but I liked what I saw. Really enjoyed the 3D effect too. Too busy playing Kid Icarus, but wanted to try it out :D
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5788 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Whats the consensus here on Snake Eater's controls without the circle pad? Is it a deal breaker for people that have played it?

IMO, yes. The controls with the abxy buttons are just way too awkward. You can turn sensitivity up/down to help compensate, but it just felt weird to me in the few hours that I played(KI:U has had me hooked since it came out, so I haven't played more yet). I can't remember if there's a gyro control scheme - if there is it'd probably help a ton.

Edited by Mixer236, 16 April 2012 - 10:03 PM.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#5789 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I want to say I've seen comments that when folks play Find Mii, they can bring with them one of the folks they've met through Streetpasses? How is this done? Is it something that's unlocked at some point? I'm nearing the last four rooms of my second playthrough.

#5790 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

I want to say I've seen comments that when folks play Find Mii, they can bring with them one of the folks they've met through Streetpasses? How is this done? Is it something that's unlocked at some point? I'm nearing the last four rooms of my second playthrough.

In Find Mii 2 you can "Hire Old Allies" you've met through StreetPass by purchasing them with coins. The higher their level, the more coins it will cost you.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%