Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8033 replies to this topic

#5851 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Will ambassador games ever come out to purchase?

#5852 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

There's no changing folder color, is there? Odd that they'd have the only color be light blue.

#5853 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

There's no changing folder color, is there? Odd that they'd have the only color be light blue.

They seem to have a very beta like quality to them. I would hope they offer some emoji like symbols of things like a NES, GBA, or perhaps Mario in the next update that could be used as the "cover".

#5854 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Just picked up a repackaged Black 3DS for $119.01 from Target and it looks to be in pristine condition. Snagged MGS 3D with the $20 game trade-in coupon also. I'm hoping to pick up RE: Revelations on the way home with my other coupon tonight and grab Ghost Recon on Sunday from BB. Anything else I should consider picking up at some point?
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#5855 ebilcanival

ebilcanival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Probably pretty obvious, but Super Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7 are great. If your into fighting, Tekken Prime and Dead or Alive: Dimensions are pretty good. Kid Icarus is pretty great as well.

#5856 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Get your self $20 3DS card for the eShop. Maybe get 2.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#5857 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D Land are Must Buys IMO. Resident Evil: Revelaytons too, if you can find it in stores (Target never carried). I'd recommend Pushmo on the eShop, and I guess Mighty Switch Force since 5 new levels are coming in an Update sooner or later.

Mario Kart 7...I'd wait for the Mid May patch to get it since it'd fix Maka Wuhu's Glitch (it's the best track in the game, too).
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5858 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

I basically agree with all of KingBroly's picks. Games that haven't already been mentioned....

Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda ever. Replaying it currently and can confirm that my sentiment isn't just nostalgia, I really do think it's the best one (though I realize I'm probably in the minority on that). For the price on the eShop, it's a steal.

If you can find it cheap, Star Fox 64 3D plays really well and is great for short play sessions because of the level length.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#5859 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Resident Evil: Revelaytons too, if you can find it in stores (Target never carried).

I bought a copy of RE:R from Target earlier today for $20 with the coupon. Perhaps the Targets near you were just sold out?

#5860 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Well my local Targets NEVER carry M-rated Nintendo games. It's astoundingly bad. And depressing.

I could recommend some other 3DS games, but they'd have to
A - Be reduced in price
B - Be put on the eShop at said reduced price
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5861 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

rumor 129.99 at E3 might bite then
WOOOO I STINK

#5862 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'd much rather have a redesign than a price drop. Bring on the second analog stick and maybe a slightly bigger screen.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#5863 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I got a second copy of SM3DL and I already registered my other copy, so here is a code for anyone that wants to use it.

BZ6-QPZW-UYNQ-DNZ

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#5864 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I got a second copy of SM3DL and I already registered my other copy, so here is a code for anyone that wants to use it.

BZ6-QPZW-UYNQ-DNZ

Used it. Thanks!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#5865 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'd much rather have a redesign than a price drop. Bring on the second analog stick and maybe a slightly bigger screen.

This- i had a 3DS at launch and I liked it. The price point wasn't the problem, it was the 2nd Thumbstick. It'll always hold back the system.

I'd pay full price for a redesign.
Spoiler

#5866 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

They'd have to Update every 3DS game that uses the Circle Pad Pro then to be compatible with the 2nd stick and extra shoulder buttons. Including the OS too.

Also, DSiXL is getting dropped to $130 at Wal-Mart apparently. Which is an awesome deal since it's the best DS.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5867 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm not sure why they're thinking of dropping the price again, UNLESS there's another design coming out soon. The system seems to be selling fine at this price point and I wholeheartedly believe it's worth every cent of the $169.99 price tag that it currently has(I bought it at launch and don't regret it). I won't buy another re-design unless it has some drastic hardware improvements... If it winds up being the long-rumored 3DS lite that is just a bit smaller with better battery life then I'm not gonna bite.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#5868 htz

htz

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

I doubt Nintendo will drop the price of the 3DS again when it took forever for the DS Lite to even drop to $129.99. Heck the DSi is being sold for $149.99 which was the same price the phat DS launched at back in 2004. Plus the fact Nintendo recently said they predict profitability(currently they are losing money on the hardware) on the 3DS hardware again by the end of next quarter.

I would like to see a 3DS lite though with the following...

• Dual Circle Pad (Nintendo did it with the wii motion plus add-on and later had it built into the wii mote so it is possible to see them implement an add on onto the hardware itself.)
  • Better battery life, and faster charging.
  • Wireless N
  • Have stylus slot the same way as the DS Lite for easier access.
  • Higher megapixel cameras
  • NFC (Wii U tablet controller has it, so it might be a possibility on the 3DS)

#5869 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

I'm debating getting a 3DS for zelda and the new kingdom hearts, but I'm probably going to wait and see what happens at E3. I want to know if they are doing a significant redesign with a second analog stick.

#5870 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

I don't think there will be a redesign this year since Wii U is coming out and a 3DS redesign would steal its thunder, and probably confuse consumers.

There definitely won't be a 3DS price drop, since Nintendo just posted its 1st ever loss in something like 3 decades, and I have read articles suggesting that Nintendo is actually considering raising the price of the 3DS now that it is selling well. But I don't think that will realistically happen..

http://www.theverge....o-earnings-loss

But this article says that they will stop selling the handheld below cost, which is what they are currently doing, which suggests a price increase.

I agree that the $130 DSiXL is a really, really good deal. I would get this over a 3DS in a heartbeat.

#5871 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

I finally get enough Powerup Rewards points to get Pushmo, and now it's no longer offered as a reward. Sigh...

#5872 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Count me in as the only person who thinks the other stick is a dumb idea. Make the games to suit the system, not the system to suit the games. You may as well beg for six face buttons so we can play street fighter properly

#5873 htz

htz

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't think there will be a redesign this year since Wii U is coming out and a 3DS redesign would steal its thunder, and probably confuse consumers.

Nintendo released the DS Lite the same year they released the Wii.

#5874 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

You may as well beg for six face buttons so we can play street fighter properly

Been begging for this since the Saturn died :(
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5875 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

But this article says that they will stop selling the handheld below cost, which is what they are currently doing, which suggests a price increase.

They would never in a million years do a price increase. They're referring to cutting their costs so that they start making a profit by selling it at the same price.

#5876 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice on 3DS titles. I used last week's $20 gaming coupon from Target for several 3DS games that were recommended including: MGS SE 3D, RE: Rev, Tales of the Abyss, Starfox, Mario Land 3D and Kid Icarus Uprising. I was even able to go back on Sunday and get a free copy of Nintendogs on the repackaged 3DS! Killer deal.

Is Metal Torrent from Club Nintendo worth a damn? I've got 90 coins that are getting ready to expire.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#5877 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Goddamn I can't wait to be able to check in on my village every day without changing carts.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#5878 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...gplanting-at-r/

i really this color.

#5879 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

As much as I like my Zelda 3DS, that purple one is pretty damn good looking. I really wish Nintendo would bring back the Gamecube-era Indigo but this seems to be the closest we'll get.

#5880 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Eggplant purple trumps the indigo. Handily.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!