Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8033 replies to this topic

#31 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

Looking pretty awesome. I'm gonna need to know the launch games, the price, and the online features/capabilities before I day one this, though.

#32 budsmoka

budsmoka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

E3 was one by a handheld.
Posted Image

#33 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

I'm so so so so so happy with the 3DS. I will own one Day 1.

#34 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I'd pretend to not know how to use one of those things in an effort to get the 3DBabes to help me.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#35 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

The hands-on video above is amazing. I've had a perpetual smile on my face since I started reading about everything an hour ago. I'm so stoked for Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs + Cats, Assassin's Creed, and Paper Mario. I would be absolutely blown away if ALL these games are launch games.

#36 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

http://e3.nintendo.c...tion/index.html

I've been refreshing here to try to see the E3 conference today, but it's not working. Anyone know where I can see the whole Nintendo conference?

#37 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

I highly doubt they will launch with that entire lineup. Expect one big title from Nintendo, a few smaller titles, some shovelware from Ubisoft, and maybe 1-2 truly good third party games.

There's no way they'd dump all of those at once. They'd cut into the sales of each other. Better to space it out.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#38 budsmoka

budsmoka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

I love all 3 colors. After I get my new tv I'm buying this, hopefully day one.
Posted Image

#39 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Did they ever release a time frame on when we might expect the 3DS to be release?

#40 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

I really hope they did blueweltall... I really do. I want this so badly, first handheld I've actually wanted to buy.

#41 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

:whee:omg http://www.konami.jp..._2010/mgs3d/en/ omg:whee:

#42 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

http://e3.nintendo.c...tion/index.html

I've been refreshing here to try to see the E3 conference today, but it's not working. Anyone know where I can see the whole Nintendo conference?

Looks like an upload here

Somebody took it from G4
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#43 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

I highly doubt they will launch with that entire lineup. Expect one big title from Nintendo, a few smaller titles, some shovelware from Ubisoft, and maybe 1-2 truly good third party games.

There's no way they'd dump all of those at once. They'd cut into the sales of each other. Better to space it out.

I see what you're saying. I would hope that Kid Icarus Uprising would be a launch title, but I could see Nintendo going with more popular franchises, like Nintendogs+Cats and Paper Mario. Anyway, my hope is Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus.

I love all 3 colors. After I get my new tv I'm buying this, hopefully day one.

I'm all over Teal. But I tend to skin my systems, so I suppose black would make sense... We'll just have to see when more pics are released.

Did they ever release a time frame on when we might expect the 3DS to be release?

I believe it comes out late this year in Japan. The expectation is that it'll launch next year, earlyish.

#44 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

I like the teal/black and red/black. I wish it would release for this Christmas, that would be wonderful.

#45 cheapgamer132

cheapgamer132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

Kid Icarus Uprising blew me away,It was so unexpected and cool.I think the 3ds is going to be amazing!

#46 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

:whee:omg http://www.konami.jp..._2010/mgs3d/en/ omg:whee:

Jizz in my pants.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#47 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Only want MGS if it has the online play from Subsistence.

#48 neonlights326

neonlights326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Day one, so hard.

#49 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

New Pilotwings = Instant Get

Everything else is a bonus for me.

Happiness level- Through the roof.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#50 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

I had an uprising in my pants when I saw Kid Icarus Uprising lol.

:lol:

I'm excited about this, but am also horribly disappointed in the form factor. It's sleek, but with edges like that, it's going to be near impossible to put some sort of protective shell around it. And something that glossy DEMANDS a shell.

Not worried about that here. They'll be all kinds of cases and armors for the 3DS at launch, I'm sure.

Remaking arguably the best games in their respective series? I think I could survive on happiness alone for the next few days, eschewing food and drink for pure elation.

Seriously, I'm with you. My husband was shocked at my level of excitement. I'm so stoked about all this. All the games look wicked and the handheld itself is snazzy as can be. The strong third-party support amazes me. Assassin's Creed on 3DS? :applause:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
http://uk.ds.ign.com...9/1098192c.html

DAY ONE. DAY ONE.

The int3rw3bz be splodin!

E3 was one by a handheld.

Agreed.

#51 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Kid Icarus Uprising blew me away,It was so unexpected and cool.I think the 3ds is going to be amazing!

I too was blown away by Kid Icarus. I was not expecting it to look so graphically amazing and rich.

Happiness level- Through the roof.

Seriously, I did :bouncy: for about 15 minutes after I first saw the line-up of games for this thing.

#52 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

Holy shit, Ocarina of time remake just made the 3DS a day one buy.

Not only that but there are alot of good games coming for it too. It actually looks like the system has some horsepower in it.

LOL horsepower, epona :)

#53 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

Thanks, Hiei69, for posting the link to the conference. Watching part 1 now. I see the person has uploaded the whole conference.

#54 budsmoka

budsmoka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Psp r.i.p. 2005-2010
Posted Image

#55 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Unbelievable...Unbelivable! And Donkey Kong is back for the Wii! Nintendo flat killed it.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#56 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

This thing looks great, I am looking forward to picking one up.

PaulManda.png

#57 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

No price announced and no killer apps so far. Kid Icarus seems kind of cool, and I'd like Paper Mario with the 3D effect (providing it's not just a remake), but not enough to buy it at launch. This is the first time I've said that about a new Nintendo platform in like 10 years.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#58 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

no killer apps so far.

Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario Kart, Pilotwings, Star Fox, Paper Mario, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Super Street Fighter IV, Bomberman, Professor Layton, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, probably others I'm forgetting...

And you're saying no killer app? I'm not even suggesting all of these are - I'm saying SURELY one of those is appealing. Just going by announcements alone, that's more than the launches of the Wii, DS, PSP, 360, and PS3 combined.

Posted Image

#59 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

It's going to be splendid.

PaulManda.png

#60 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

stupid question but are you going to have to wear the stupid 3d glasses while playing this game

it wouldnt shock me if the 3D fad last a few years some major eye problems come out of it.

watching a 3D movie for 2 hours not bad but wearing 3D glasses for 4 to 8 hours a day , you would think would really #$#$# up your eyes

(i even think back in the 80s the 3d fad died cause many people were complaing about major headaches and other problems after watching so much 3D at one time, now the Tech improved over time but still something to think about)

price point 249 easy

and did they really show the system or just videos of What the games look like.... if the system was even planned for this year in japan you would think they would have working units
WOOOO I STINK