Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
7883 replies to this topic

#6451 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I want a paper mario bundle, with a big paper mario on it. Not that little polkadot stuff. :)
Posted Image

#6452 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

It makes me a bit wary of Nintendo's eShop plans though, considering that if one were going to go digital for their games, you'd lose all of your save file progress since it's on the Game Cart.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=186977

Over in Japan, Nintendo is in the process of moving over their retail games to the eShop. That means titles you own in physical form will soon be purchasable on the eShop. What happens if you want to grab a digital version, but you don't want to lose your save? Don't worry, there's an app for that.

Nintendo has confirmed that they have a tool in the works that will take care of this file transfer. You can move your physical game save over to your digital title. This feature will be available in the Spring for Japan.

Hopefully this means cloud support is en route at some point as well.

I only say this because it means there are options being made available to move save game files around. So I don't really think cloud support is in the cards, but rather that the possibility now is. The Wii had a lot of game saves that couldn't be moved around for stupid reasons, so I'm hoping this is getting relaxed.

Edited by Strell, 03 October 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#6453 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Too bad they're region locked, else I'd get a Japanese one.

Oh yeah? Well too bad your face is region locked. BOOM.

Just kidding. It really is depressing how amazing NCL is compared to NOA. Poor selection of the lineup, poor selection of colors, poor PR. I swear if NOA just released an identical lineup to NCL, they would be loved twice as much.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#6454 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Region locking just seems like an outmoded idea. I know the conversation comes up a lot when it comes to games, but we're essentially in a global community environment with the advent of the internet, and thus I still fail to see the reasoning behind it. My understanding is that there's legal ramifications that have to be met, and that it's just easier/less costly to avoid these by still having region locking, but it just seems like such a relic of the industry.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#6455 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Region locking just seems like an outmoded idea. I know the conversation comes up a lot when it comes to games, but we're essentially in a global community environment with the advent of the internet, and thus I still fail to see the reasoning behind it. My understanding is that there's legal ramifications that have to be met, and that it's just easier/less costly to avoid these by still having region locking, but it just seems like such a relic of the industry.

I would probably be more likely to purchase a console knowing that i had the option to purchase an original Japanese game and play it on my console should there be no North American releases that I like, especially since games take a long time to come out in the USA. I did that with the original DS and I was playing ouendan when everyone else was playing well.... meteos or some other game. This would give me a sort of "safety hold" in that if no games were coming out for a whole year in the USA that I wanted to play, at least I know I could go and purchase a Japanese game to tide me over until the releases started to come.

It would especially give me an incentive to purchase a console earlier rather than wait for the price drop because by the time the price drop and redesign happens the games I actually want to play have finally come out and I know because this happens with like almost every system out there, so by now I am playing the waiting game and not buying any hardware until the price drop and revision happens because the games I want to play will most likely not be out until then.

There are Japanese games I would like to purchase on the Wii, but I would have to go through a whole lot of trouble to play them, and given the amount of games and systems I have it is just not worth it, my friend makes frequent trips to Japan, so getting a legitimate copy of any game is not an issue for me, therefore even if I don't take advantage of the option, I would like to have the option to play a Japanese game should I find one I want to play that is not going to be released in the USA.

#6456 Schuey

Schuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

eshop is down for maintenance. most likely just for the retail games but perhaps for gba game support as well.

#6457 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=186977

Hopefully this means cloud support is en route at some point as well.

I only say this because it means there are options being made available to move save game files around. So I don't really think cloud support is in the cards, but rather that the possibility now is. The Wii had a lot of game saves that couldn't be moved around for stupid reasons, so I'm hoping this is getting relaxed.

I really hope it's not just a transfer option, but the ability to back up your saves. I hate that if I lose a game, sell a game, etc. my saves are locked to the cartridge, and if I get another copy I have to start over. Every other platform has a means to preserve your save games either through network storage or directly on physical media. If Nintendo provides the means to back up saves and make them portable, even if it's just on your own system, I'll be one happy customer.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6458 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

That's a very good point and I 100% agree that it should be a "copy the save and move the copy to the digital format," but knowing Nintendo, I'm doubting this will be the case.

Posted Image

#6459 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

As much as I like Nintendo, their practices frequently lean on the archaic side.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#6460 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

I completely agree. The way Sony handles digital content (sharable across multiple consoles at no extra cost, retrievable at any time via internet connection) is light years ahead of how Nintendo currently restricts content.

I'm hoping the 3DS and WiiU will change this but we all know how Nintendo operates :(.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6461 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Well, they probably saw what happened with anime and reverse importation. I hate it myself, but I do understand a little bit about the backwards Japanese ways.

#6462 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Crashmo, the sequel to Pushmo, is coming in November.

#6463 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Oh man, Crashmo looks infuriatingly fun.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6464 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Been playing a lot of Pushmo and loving it. Hearing there is an upcoming sequel is great news.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6465 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

I really hope it's not just a transfer option, but the ability to back up your saves. I hate that if I lose a game, sell a game, etc. my saves are locked to the cartridge, and if I get another copy I have to start over. Every other platform has a means to preserve your save games either through network storage or directly on physical media. If Nintendo provides the means to back up saves and make them portable, even if it's just on your own system, I'll be one happy customer.

I don't know if anything works for 3DS games, but there is hardware available that can backup DS saves (I use an Action Replay). It sucks having to get third-party stuff just for this, but at least most of it is affordable.

Oh man, Crashmo looks infuriatingly fun.

Seriously. Looks like a ton of fun but you can just tell it's going to get way harder toward the end. I'd still kinda like to see them use the concept for a platformer.

Edited by ZombieToast, 05 October 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#6466 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yay Pushmo sequel! Please come to US soon!
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6467 dallow

dallow

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Still waiting for Picross e.....

#6468 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

Ditto for me.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#6469 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Does anyone know of a charge cradle that supports both the original and XL?

#6470 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

And the sequel.

I was surprised to see that Crosswords Plus is $29.99 in the eShop. I had no clue that it was also a retail release, but that's still $10 more than the original on DS for the same basic game.

#6471 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I was surprised to see that Crosswords Plus is $29.99 in the eShop. I had no clue that it was also a retail release, but that's still $10 more than the original on DS for the same basic game.

But...but...3D!

#6472 200STM

200STM

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

It has a dragon on the blade!

#6473 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

got my copy of Code of Princess today from Amazon. Pretty dam fun action RPG and it def is a great follow up to Guardian Heroes.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#6474 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

got my copy of Code of Princess today from Amazon. Pretty dam fun action RPG and it def is a great follow up to Guardian Heroes.

Mine should come tomorrow but I probably won't have time to play it until Thur., if then.

#6475 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Mine is due to arrive Monday, can't wait! BTW how good of quality is the artbook?

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#6476 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

But...but...3D!

I'd at least be interested in seeing how they use that in the book view when you're focusing on the bottom screen most of the time.

#6477 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

http://img.vooks.net...10/img_main.png
http://img.vooks.net...io_img_main.png

Two new special editions. Both look like they're Japan only, but who knows?

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6478 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://img.vooks.net...10/img_main.png
http://img.vooks.net...io_img_main.png

Two new special editions. Both look like they're Japan only, but who knows?

I might spring for the Mario one if it comes Stateside, but I'm most holding out hope for the Pikachu one that now both JP & UK are getting. C'mon NoA!

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#6479 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I just picked up the Blue 3DSXL. The Gamestop double value trade in was too hard to pass up. The store was even generous enough to let me do the system transfer in store after the transaction.

I'm loving this thing. This is what the 3DS should have been!
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#6480 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I just picked up the Blue 3DSXL. The Gamestop double value trade in was too hard to pass up. The store was even generous enough to let me do the system transfer in store after the transaction.

I'm loving this thing. This is what the 3DS should have been!

That's the least they could do!

...but good to know that system transfer is doable at the store. I guess i'm going tomorrow.