Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8058 replies to this topic

#6511 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if Paper Mario is going to have multiple saves? Please tell me it is going to have at least 3 saves. Me and two kids. :)

Crunchewy.png

#6512 Yashiro1

Yashiro1

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I didn't buy the 3DS upon released, but I'll probably get the XL one. Looks pretty nice.

#6513 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Don't buy a 32GB sd card for your 3DS.

Huge pain in the ass

#6514 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Does anyone know if Paper Mario is going to have multiple saves? Please tell me it is going to have at least 3 saves. Me and two kids. :)

I asked Phil Kollar about that and he said it has three slots.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6515 dallow

dallow

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

I'm using a 32gb card.

What's the issue?

#6516 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Formatting it probably takes a lot of time. But the Speed of the card depends too.

I'm using a 16gb card myself. It's a Class 4, so it's a bit slow I admit, but it's fine for what I use it for.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6517 dallow

dallow

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Was curious because it works great for me, and faster than the stock card from my speed tests.

Formatting should be done on your computer though and takes seconds as it just needs a quick format.

#6518 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

I asked Phil Kollar about that and he said it has three slots.

Yeah! Thanks for the info.

Crunchewy.png

#6519 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm using a 32gb card.

What's the issue?

Well now I'm certain there was something wrong with it that made it incompatible with 3DS, so never mind :lol:. Not sure what, worked fine in my computer. I tried a microSD + adapter and it worked so it's going back to amazon.

Seriously, though, I got top of the line, 32gb class 10 Sandisk brand SD card, formatted and copied three times and couldn't download anything - games kept disappearing, all kinds of crap.

Finally emailed Nintendo who told me to call them. Called nintendo and they told me it was the wrong file system. Turns out it's only possible, far as I can tell, to format a 32gb card as FAT32, not FAT or FAT16 like they suggested.

Seriously, though, only 2GB, and they're selling full mario games online? I'd gladly pay more for an official card so QA would deal with this stuff instead of me. I hate people telling me I'm doing it wrong when the wife is repeating SEND IT BACK and she's right.

/rant :P

#6520 dallow

dallow

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

You need to use another app to format as fat16 but I'm pretty sure fat32 works as well.
May have just been a bum card.

For best results with an SD card, use this formatter:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/

It's what I used and recommended when using SD cards in any device.

#6521 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I used that program initially. Option for FAT16 never appeared with the card. Thanks though.

I'll use the microSD+adapter and amazon is getting the mysterious dud.

#6522 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ordered Harvest Moon for the 3DS today, well the new one. I was considering Paper Mario but I realized, I am not a huge Paper Mario fan. So I decided to pass and buy Harvest Moon instead. Ordered it off Amazon so I will have it in on Wed I believe.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6523 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Ordered Harvest Moon for the 3DS today, well the new one. I was considering Paper Mario but I realized, I am not a huge Paper Mario fan. So I decided to pass and buy Harvest Moon instead. Ordered it off Amazon so I will have it in on Wed I believe.

one problem i had with moon is you played one you mostly played them all
WOOOO I STINK

#6524 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Anyone ever have any luck sending a 3DS to Nintendo for a wobbly screen/top screen touching bottom when close and actually having them solve the problem?

They sent me a different one that's even worse than the one I had before.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6525 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Anyone ever have any luck sending a 3DS to Nintendo for a wobbly screen/top screen touching bottom when close and actually having them solve the problem?

They sent me a different one that's even worse than the one I had before.

For my original 3DS I went through 2 replacements before I just gave up. The newer hardware seems to be better.

#6526 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Harvest Moon arrived today and Paper Mario is on the way. I'm excited to have something to play on my 3DS again, it's been awhile for me. Also, I tried the Epic Mickey demo out and thought it was pretty fun. I don't know if the full game will be any good or not but I enjoyed the demo.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6527 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

For my original 3DS I went through 2 replacements before I just gave up. The newer hardware seems to be better.

Awful.

I can't decide if I should just give up or keep trying.

Or just get rid of it because shit like that really isn't acceptable.

#6528 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Awful.

I can't decide if I should just give up or keep trying.

Or just get rid of it because shit like that really isn't acceptable.

Yeah, on my second call the rep. got super argumentative with me about it too.

#6529 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

It's pretty insane they tried to sell something so shoddily built for $250 originally.

I'm tempted to trade mine towards an XL because it seems to be built a lot better, but I'm hesitant because it seems like I'm giving Nintendo money because they messed up.

Edited by whoknows, 13 November 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#6530 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I think some of you need to play more games, meet more girls, and learn to not be so anal about stupid plastic toys. I love my 3DS if it has problems, I'll just ignore them as long as I can still play on it and it works. Some of you guys sound anal as all hell.

Just saying.

(can of worms)

#6531 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Some people have valid complaints, but for the most part, I agree that the majority of folks are a bit too anal, especially those who sent their units back because of smudges on the screen. As a result, Amazon no longer sells Nintendo hardware.

#6532 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I think some of you need to play more games, meet more girls, and learn to not be so anal about stupid plastic toys. I love my 3DS if it has problems, I'll just ignore them as long as I can still play on it and it works. Some of you guys sound anal as all hell.

Just saying.

(can of worms)

Sorry I expect a new product to have some sort of quality control? If it was a cheap system, then whatever, but when it's close to $200 I expect some sort of quality standards.

The screens touching when the system is closed is unacceptable in every way. The top screen being so wobbly is very annoying. If you can live with it, great, but when the newer systems don't have either of those issues I feel like my complaints are valid.

#6533 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of those grips for the (original) 3DS that makes it more like a game controller. Just wondering if others have gotten one and if you like it? I *love* Paper Mario, but playing on my kids' 3DS is making my fingers cramp up. Buying an XL isn't really an option right now.

Crunchewy.png

#6534 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Try to find a case with hinges, they are like a plastic cover that fits over the system. I have one from eBay for my dsi and it has the unintended effect of making the screens of the system perfectly stable.

I have a feeling though there is a reason for the wobble though, if the hinges are too tight then the system may develop hinge cracks... Remember the DS lite!

#6535 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Just saying.

(can of worms)

The hinge actually does affect gameplay. Particularly in the early days when games were using the gyro more. I can't even tell you the number of times I had the annoyance of the screen flopping forward and back while I was playing, we're not talking about just a little wiggle, we're talking about a full on completely loose flop of about an inch. On a system of that size having the screen flopping back and forth an inch is not just annoying but, because of the 3D, actually more difficult to keep getting the right focus.

The screen smudges never bothered me though because I put screen protectors on it day 1.

#6536 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Is it crazy to buy a 3DS over the XL?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6537 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Is it crazy to buy a 3DS over the XL?

Not if you can get a deal or if the larger size is an big issue.

But, the screen on the 3DSXL does look a lot nicer (despite the lower PPI).

#6538 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Not if you can get a deal or if the larger size is an big issue.

But, the screen on the 3DSXL does look a lot nicer (despite the lower PPI).

Battery life is better on the XL as well isn't it, although I don't know how much better.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6539 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

one problem i had with moon is you played one you mostly played them all

Never played a Harvest Moon actually. I only played the game for 30 minutes before I got tired of the fucking tutorial and shut it off. I will play more of course, but I couldn't take the tutorial for any longer last night :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#6540 200STM

200STM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I might send my red 3DS in for repairs honestly the smudges and lines on my top screen are noticeably bad (you can see the marks on everything and it bugs). I like my 3DS a lot and its lame that it has such a noticeable screen defect. How would I start to do this to see if they can fix it? Mines still under warranty. I like the 3DS but the screen needs to be repaired.