Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
7888 replies to this topic

#6541 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

This has little to do with 3DS, but I finally got around to starting the first Scribblenauts. Good stuff.

#6542 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

This has little to do with 3DS, but I finally got around to starting the first Scribblenauts. Good stuff.

Eh... it was fun for about 30 minutes. Of course, I'm limited by my stupid brain. Robots and dinosaurs can't solve ever puzzle. Or can they?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6543 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Eh... it was fun for about 30 minutes. Of course, I'm limited by my stupid brain. Robots and dinosaurs can't solve ever puzzle. Or can they?

There was one puzzle last night that had a shark in the water. First, I summoned an orca, but the shark killed it. Then I summoned a toaster and fried his ass. I laughed for a good two minutes about that.

#6544 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

http://penny-arcade....omic/2009/09/23

As for dinosaurs... maybe if you give them wings and ride them like they are props out of a Clash of the Titans remake.

#6545 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Ha ha, I think typing in "Starite" actually does work as a solution for one of the puzzles, but I could be wrong. I absolutely love Scribblenauts. It's one of my IP's ever and Unlimited is one of my main reasons for getting a Wii U. But as Javery has pointed out, if you don't use your imagination, it can be a very boring game. That's why I think the challenge mode should be the primary way of playing the game; it forces you to replay the levels and use different items each time, which in turns forces you to get a little creative. You can't beat every level with robots and dinosaurs but you can beat most of them with a jetpack, glue, rope, and a gun. As long as you're creative, though, you'll keep having fun with it. I spent a ridiculous amount of time just playing in the Sandbox. Did the same with Super Scribblenauts. And I'll do it again tomorrow with Unlimited.

#6546 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

So... No one is playing Paper Mario? I'm a bit worried with all the exclusions this time around, but it still looks really good(I'm a big fan of the series, as long as the Wii iteration doesn't count). Also, it's not on sale anywhere. Decisions...

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#6547 200STM

200STM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

I am playing star fox 64(3D) again so awesome!

#6548 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

So... No one is playing Paper Mario? I'm a bit worried with all the exclusions this time around, but it still looks really good(I'm a big fan of the series, as long as the Wii iteration doesn't count). Also, it's not on sale anywhere. Decisions...

Yes, I'm playing it and enjoying it. But if you didn't like Super Paper Mario on the Wii I don't think you will care for Sticker Star very much, as it's much closer to that game than the previous iterations.

#6549 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'm playing it and loving it! It's not really a Paper Mario "RPG" so much as a Paper Mario "Game". It's got turn based combat but that's about it in terms of RPG mechanics. Not even leveling up/experience. Great sense of exploration and discovery though, and the same old paper mario art style and humor is there.

If you didn't like the Wii version because it wasn't an RPG you won't like this either, but it's a damn fun game if you don't come in expecting something that it's not.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6550 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Bought my first DS game from the pawn shop today. /Just opened it up to play and there was no game inside.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#6551 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Been sqeezing in some Professor Layton on my 3DS XL. Not far enough to comment on qualify vs the previous titles, but I really enjoy the graphics.

#6552 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Has anyone played Crashmo yet? I really thought there'd be some discussion about this when it came out.

#6553 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Has anyone played Crashmo yet? I really thought there'd be some discussion about this when it came out.

On puzzle 60/100 :D

Also shocked that it hasn't been brought up. I didn't even know it was out except I randomly checked the e-shop. Absolutely brilliant puzzle design. Unlike Pushmo the stages don't rely on pixel art/classic gaming icons (though it is still possible) because the puzzle engine is different. I'd also say it's quite a bit more difficult, but really gives you those "A-ha!" moments.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#6554 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Is it just more Pushmo or are there new things to do? I loved Pushmo but when I finished I thought the game had given me enough.

#6555 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Did not even realize it was out yet. Still wrapped up in Layton, Paper Mario and Adventure Time! How is it that I now have a 3DS backlog?

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#6556 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yes, I'm playing it and enjoying it. But if you didn't like Super Paper Mario on the Wii I don't think you will care for Sticker Star very much, as it's much closer to that game than the previous iterations.

I'm playing it and loving it! It's not really a Paper Mario "RPG" so much as a Paper Mario "Game". It's got turn based combat but that's about it in terms of RPG mechanics. Not even leveling up/experience. Great sense of exploration and discovery though, and the same old paper mario art style and humor is there.

If you didn't like the Wii version because it wasn't an RPG you won't like this either, but it's a damn fun game if you don't come in expecting something that it's not.

Thanks for the info, guys! I wouldn't say I disliked SPM, I just liked it a lot less than OG PM & TTYD. I didn't realize turn-based battles were back, so that sounds like a decent trade-off for XP & leveling up. I just wish they'd bring back being able to have partners in your party. :(

At any rate, I'll get to it soon... It's just not a "gotta have right away" game for me at the moment. I'll certainly grab it if it goes on sale anytime soon, otherwise I'll just get the wife to get me a copy for Christmas.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#6557 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Is it just more Pushmo or are there new things to do? I loved Pushmo but when I finished I thought the game had given me enough.

The puzzle engine is different making the game trickier (i.e. more difficult). At least it forces you to be more creative about solutions.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#6558 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Think of it as the difference between Picross and Picross 3D:

Definitely not just more of the same. Haven't played it yet, but I've no doubt it's good.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6559 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

On puzzle 60/100 :D

Also shocked that it hasn't been brought up. I didn't even know it was out except I randomly checked the e-shop. Absolutely brilliant puzzle design. Unlike Pushmo the stages don't rely on pixel art/classic gaming icons (though it is still possible) because the puzzle engine is different. I'd also say it's quite a bit more difficult, but really gives you those "A-ha!" moments.

Thanks for the input. The game looks great but I can just imagine how much harder it must be, so that has made me apprehensive. Besides, I still have to finish off the last 10 bonus puzzles in Pushmo before I'm ready to move on.

#6560 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Got my first 3DS about a week ago. I got the Midnight Purple color and boy, does it look nice! Got Starfox and Mario Kart 7 for it, and recieved a rented copy of NSMB2 from Gamefly today. Plan on getting LoZ OoT soon, was broke when BB had the $20 sale on it. I'm loving the system so far, and can't wait to build up my game collection on it.

#6561 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Think of it as the difference between Picross and Picross 3D:

Definitely not just more of the same. Haven't played it yet, but I've no doubt it's good.

That does look pretty cool and like even more of a brain teaser.

#6562 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Is the program to transfer saves from cartridges to digital games up yet for the US? I'm tempted by the Best Buy XL Mario Kart bundle but only if I could transfer my saves. Selling my old 3DS and MK7 would make it a pretty cheap upgrade.

More importantly... if I transfer data from my old 3DS to another system which already has games on it (such as the preloaded MK7), is the existing software on the new system untouched? Or would the XL format prior to receiving the transfer files?

Edited by johnnypark, 04 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#6563 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Have any of you seen the charging cradle for the 3DS XL out in the wild or is Nintendo still the only place to get one?

#6564 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Woot! HarmoKnight is coming stateside! http://www.joystiq.c...-north-america/

Made by gamefreak so I assumed it would but it wasn't confirmed before now. Def. looking forward to it.

#6565 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Did not even realize it was out yet. Still wrapped up in Layton, Paper Mario and Adventure Time! How is it that I now have a 3DS backlog?

How are you liking adventure time?
Smile

#6566 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Thought I'd chime in and say that I loved Adventure Time. Loved it.

Two things though:

1. I'm a big fan of the show.
2. I have fond memories of Zelda 2.

If you can echo those statements you need this game. If you can answer yes to one of those two, you still need this game - but you might want to wait for a price drop.

If I take a step back and look at it objectively - I have to say it's a little on the short and easy side - and there's a lot there to suggest it started out as a more ambitious game that got cut short.

I'm really hoping for a sequel.

#6567 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I finally started up Virtue's Last Reward. Adventure Time is absolutely next in line after that; I too dig the show and regard Zelda 2 as a great, largely unfairly maligned game. Paper Mario will probably be after that.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#6568 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Anyone have any recommendations as far as grips go for the 3DS? Preferably one with triggers if such a thing exists.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6569 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Looks like Million/Arc System Works is making a new River City Ransom-esque game for the Japanese eShop. "The Legend of Riki" appears to be a prequel or a side-story focused on Riki/Ryan from RCR.
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=503098
http://www.gamer.ne....s/201212070015/

#6570 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone still read this?

I bought a 3DS XL when BBY had the $20 off. Only game I've played on it has been Professor Layton. Near the center of the touchscreen, it occasionally has problems. It'd sometimes be unresponsive, or registers a bunch of clicks when I have my stylus touching the screen.

Anyone have this issue? Trying to figure out if something is wrong with my screen, or if it's the game, or it's inherent to all 3DS XLs.

I never had this problem with 3 DSLites, DSiXLs. I didn't play on my GF's 3DS much.

Don't know if I should take it back to BBY or contact Nintendo about it.