Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6602 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Already picked up. Now I just need a 3ds.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#6603 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Theatrhytm Final Fantasy

Get it.

Seriously.

I tried the demo and didn't like it. I just don't like the concept for a 3DS. I'll stick to Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution.

On another note, I hope the 3DS gets a real Final Fantasy game.

image016.jpg

#6604 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

3ds needs a Metroid game! thats whats up!
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6605 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Your signature animations are oddly similar.

#6606 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I hope you guys are ready for the impending Pokemon announcement. It's most likely Generation VI releases for 3DS.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6607 macontosh2000

macontosh2000

Dirty Scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I just bought a used 3DS Xl (with Mario Kart pre-installed). Everything seems to be fine with it but it says that there is credit in my eshop account. How do eshop accounts work? Do i need to log off (how?) and create a new account? If i can do that will it affect Mario Kart? Is the credit just linked to the device?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first nintendo portable since the gameboy advance, and i have no idea what i am doing.
macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected........Hey, where the Fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?"

Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

#6608 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I finally got around to getting Crosswords Plus and I'm not a fan of what they've done to the early part of that game. If I'm remembering correctly, Crosswords DS had all of the puzzle modes open up front with some being locked until you play enough of each mode. Plus only offers crosswords up front and even though I've played a good 25 puzzles already, the other puzzle modes are still locked.

I've unlocked a couple of special crossword puzzles, including a gigantic puzzle that took me nearly two hours to complete, but I'm hoping that I really don't have to do a Fuck ton of crosswords to unlock the stuff I enjoyed enough in the original that I had to play through first.

#6609 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I just bought a used 3DS Xl (with Mario Kart pre-installed). Everything seems to be fine with it but it says that there is credit in my eshop account. How do eshop accounts work? Do i need to log off (how?) and create a new account? If i can do that will it affect Mario Kart? Is the credit just linked to the device?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first nintendo portable since the gameboy advance, and i have no idea what i am doing.

It's linked to the system, not the device. Which means you have free credit, more or less.

I would detach the current Club Nintendo account and add yours instead, though.

It will not affect the games on the device.

Known elsewhere as The Reverend Menagerie.

The new SoulXchange.org Sell your soul, what else is it good for?

#6610 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

No, you don't have a specific account. If there's money there, you can go ahead and spend it.

#6611 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I already have a physical copy of Mario Kart 7 before I picked up a new 3DS XL with the pre-installed copy. Is there anyway I can transfer the pre-installed game to another 3DS XL? I want to keep the physical copy for me and give my nephew the pre-installed version.

#6612 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I have the regular flame red 3DS now and for the price I paid ($99) because I managed to find one of the clearanced systems its quite good. DS games look fine on it, the stylus placement could use some help but that is not an issue for me since I prefer to use my own larger stylus. I would probably have a much different opinion of the system if I paid the original $250 asking price... yikes!

I don't think the circle pad actually contacts the top screen as mentioned previously but I do I think the raised bottom of the bottom screen contacts the top screen, however I have noticed this seems to only happen when you put pressure on the top screen. Aka when you are holding the system in your hand and holding the top and bottom at the same time, perhaps putting the system in a pocket would cause this effect. Anyways this can be fixed easily with screen protectors so your screen doesn't get permanently damaged or by putting larger bumpers on the top screen.

For the preinstalled copy of Mario I think a system transfer would work but I think it would take all your data and move it to the other system, unless there is a way to just select the one game to give (which I think there might be). You may have to resort to keeping the preinstalled copy for yourself and giving your nephew the physical copy.

#6613 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

So how does the whole friend thing work again? I have some puzzle pieces and today I got a notice that someone was "visiting" my Mii plaza. This brings my total to 11 out of 110 puzzle pieces. At this rate I'll never get them all.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6614 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Lol I'm in the same boat because I don't walk around with my system semi-on as battery life is precious.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6615 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I've taken my 3ds out just for street pass but I have still yet to get any :cry:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6616 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

So how does the whole friend thing work again? I have some puzzle pieces and today I got a notice that someone was "visiting" my Mii plaza. This brings my total to 11 out of 110 puzzle pieces. At this rate I'll never get them all.

Isn't that a streetpass? You can get puzzle pieces if you walk around with the 3DS in sleep mode and collect coins. You can get 10 coins per day (100 steps per coin), which adds up to 5 puzzle pieces.

#6617 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I have only taken mine out a few times so I can't say I have gotten any Streetpasses yet. Keep in mind you can streetpass demo units at Gamestop and Target but I don't think Best Buy units work. But I know exactly where to go in my area to get some passes so I am gonna try this weekend. If not I should have plenty of opportunity during spring and summer. I could have gotten some at this location a couple weeks ago as I walked by several kids with a 3DS, however I did not have a 3DS a couple weeks ago. I will post back when I get some streetpasses.

Presidents day is also coming up, the malls will be really busy, might I suggest going shopping then if you are able to?

#6618 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I finally got around to getting Crosswords Plus and I'm not a fan of what they've done to the early part of that game. If I'm remembering correctly, Crosswords DS had all of the puzzle modes open up front with some being locked until you play enough of each mode. Plus only offers crosswords up front and even though I've played a good 25 puzzles already, the other puzzle modes are still locked.

I don't know about modes, but I recall that it forced you to go through all of the easy crosswords, all of which were as dumb as dirt.

I estimated how long it would take until I got decent difficulty crosswords and traded it in the next opportunity. Nothing beats NYTimes Crosswords.

I won't touch Crosswords Plus. I hope it gets better for you.

I have only taken mine out a few times so I can't say I have gotten any Streetpasses yet.

Once, I took mine to a children's museum and I got some hits. I was jazzed. I then began taking my 3DS everywhere, including airports.

And got jack. Well, I did get irritation, because I kept checking it was on and wireless was on and got no hits. Haven't bothered since.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#6619 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Some people organize Streetpass meetups. There was a big one in NYC that wasn't entirely necessary because it's not hard to get a streetpass in manhattan.

http://streetpassnet...roups/#NAmerica

#6620 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

I have gotten plenty of hits on my Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2 games, and that requires you to walk by a player who is specifically playing Pokemon Black/White or Pokemon Black/White 2! Most recently I got one when I went to this estate sale, and I don't think anyone was playing in the house, and I got one at TJ Maxx, yes TJ Maxx. TJ Maxx has chairs near the entrance and kids frequently sit there and play their DS systems. This leads me to believe I will definitely get streetpasses at some point even if it does take a while, I don't mind being vigilant and patient. My cousin also has a 3DS so I can definitely streetpass him and so does my other cousin but the chances of me seeing him with his 3DS is pretty slim, so at least I have that and the demo units to work off of.

Here's the thing about my area, we have a lot of Canadians here and apparently they love Pokemon, the DS and the 3DS, as all the hits I have gotten on my Pokemon games have been Canadians. How do I know, it tells me their region when I checked the game. I think I am starting to like the Canadians now!

Edit: Got my first streetpass tonight, don't know where it came from. I did go to Target but this Target to my knowledge does not have a DS demo unit at least one that I can see.

Edited by SaraAB, 16 January 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#6621 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

The unlock system for Crosswords Plus seems to be solely based on playing it on new days, as I unlocked a Word of the Day puzzle mode on my second day with the game and then Word Search on the third day. That's kind of crazy to have it unlock that way without a hint of how that works, but at least I have the mode that I'll burn through right away while slowly working through the crossword puzzles.

#6622 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

oh hai nintendo said there'd be miiverse on 3ds

dint say when

#6623 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Just got the Mario kart 3ds xl bundle. Any good downloadable games y'all recommend? Thanks.

#6624 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Pushmo is a must. I haven't played Crashmo yet, but I imagine that is probably a must as well.

#6625 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

It's old and not as good as Picross DS or Picross 3D, but Mario's Picross is worth what it costs ($2 or $3). I'm still hoping for Picross E to show up on the US eShop.

#6626 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Just got the Mario kart 3ds xl bundle. Any good downloadable games y'all recommend? Thanks.

Mighty Switch Force (pretty short, but it's fun and I love the 3D effect 2D sprites have on the system)

If you like RPGs, I highly recommend The Denpa Men. It's more dungeon crawler than epic adventure, but I'm addicted to searching for new Denpa Men over WiFi signals when I travel for work.

Cave Story is also really really good, if you don't already have one of the 50 other versions floating around out there.

Art of Balance Touch is also a pretty enjoyable puzzle game from what little I've played so far.

Pushmo is a must. I haven't played Crashmo yet, but I imagine that is probably a must as well.

Crashmo is just as good if not better.

It's old and not as good as Picross DS or Picross 3D, but Mario's Picross is worth what it costs ($2 or $3). I'm still hoping for Picross E to show up on the US eShop.

Seriously, wtf is up with that. Is it still not up? (haven't checked in a while). Picked up Picross 3D again and would def be in for more Picross goodness. There are a few apps for iPhone but they're just not as good (the controls are nowhere near as refined).
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6627 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Seriously, wtf is up with that. Is it still not up? (haven't checked in a while). Picked up Picross 3D again and would def be in for more Picross goodness. There are a few apps for iPhone but they're just not as good (the controls are nowhere near as refined).

To make it worse, Europe got Picross e2 this week while we can't even get the first one.

#6628 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I just picked up Paper Mario despite all the negativity... I'm sure it will be at least OK. That makes 5 retail games already for me + Pushmo. I'm planning on getting Luigi's Mansion in March too. The system is definitely picking up steam...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6629 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I just picked up Paper Mario despite all the negativity... I'm sure it will be at least OK. That makes 5 retail games already for me + Pushmo. I'm planning on getting Luigi's Mansion in March too. The system is definitely picking up steam...

I picked it up as well. It is pretty awesome.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#6630 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for all the people for your recommendations!