• Please log in to reply
8033 replies to this topic

#6841 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

So i wasted my special pass yesterday... :(

I did too =( I accidentally hit "send to MiiMaker" or whatever, not realizing it would REMOVE Miyamoto from Mii Plaza. I'm so bummed.

#6842 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

If it makes you feel any better, the Achievement total won't change.

#6843 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

So like an idiot I registered my 3DS about 2 weeks ago. I bought Luigi's Mansion and I'd REALLY like to get a copy of Professor Layton. If I call Nintendo do you think they'd make an exception?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6844 Tsundere

Tsundere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

So like an idiot I registered my 3DS about 2 weeks ago. I bought Luigi's Mansion and I'd REALLY like to get a copy of Professor Layton. If I call Nintendo do you think they'd make an exception?

Pretty sure if you register the XL (HAS TO BE XL NOT OG...) + Luigi game now you will get to pick the code.

Your well within the dates.

Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on or after 2/14/13 will qualify for this offer.

#6845 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Can you give the code away or is it tied?

#6846 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's probably a good idea to hold off on updating your 3DS for a while, as the new update is buggy. I wanted to get into the eShop and was prompted to update, so I did it to get it over with. Near the end of the update, it says some error occurred and asked me to restart the system and try it again. Now whenever I try to access the eShop or Settings, I get a pop-up telling me that an error has occurred, to save anything I might've been doing before, and to restart the system. That happens every single time now.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the SD card since I can pull that out and the game card out and still get the same pop-up. Games seem to run fine, so the system isn't completely fucked even though I'm still pissed about this now.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6847 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

That's too bad. Thanks for the heads up, FT

#6848 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yeah thanks for the heads up, hope you get your 3DS working right again.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6849 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

So what's good in the eshop? I have about $10 to spend there. I have Crimson Shroud which is really good. I know there is Crashmo, but I'm not sure if I want my head to explode while playing a game.

Edited by Mr Unoriginal, 26 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#6850 Tsundere

Tsundere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Can you give the code away or is it tied?

You can give any code away thats not registered, I wouldnt ever give a system code away though. Just games...

#6851 dallow

dallow

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

It's probably a good idea to hold off on updating your 3DS for a while, as the new update is buggy. I wanted to get into the eShop and was prompted to update, so I did it to get it over with. Near the end of the update, it says some error occurred and asked me to restart the system and try it again. Now whenever I try to access the eShop or Settings, I get a pop-up telling me that an error has occurred, to save anything I might've been doing before, and to restart the system. That happens every single time now.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the SD card since I can pull that out and the game card out and still get the same pop-up. Games seem to run fine, so the system isn't completely fucked even though I'm still pissed about this now.

Try this:

Originally Posted by ffdgh:
Saw this little tip on gfaqs. For those with the error, Power up the system while holding L,R,Up on the dpad and A and it should take you to the update menu to update. That should fix it.

"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#6852 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I saw that tip elsewhere and it worked. Thanks.

#6853 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

So what's good in the eshop? I have about $10 to spend there. I have Crimson Shroud which is really good. I know there is Crashmo, but I'm not sure if I want my head to explode while playing a game.

I've got Pushmo, Crashmo, and Mighty Switch Force.
Crashmo can get a little tough but it's not like, say, the 60 point puzzles in Layton. The bonus with it and Pushmo is you can get new puzzles online for free.

Mighty Switch Force is good but it's also short. The great things about all these games is the stages only take like a few minutes to solve, so they're good on the go.

I also have Cave Story which is a fun Metroid style game

#6854 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I've got Pushmo, Crashmo, and Mighty Switch Force.
Crashmo can get a little tough but it's not like, say, the 60 point puzzles in Layton. The bonus with it and Pushmo is you can get new puzzles online for free.

Mighty Switch Force is good but it's also short. The great things about all these games is the stages only take like a few minutes to solve, so they're good on the go.

I also have Cave Story which is a fun Metroid style game

If I were to get just one "Mo" game, should I just go with Crashmo because it's newer?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#6855 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

One of the major things the new 3DS update adds is support for that Retail-to-Digital Save Transfer Tool. From what I've read, it only supports moving the save to the digital version, not in reverse, and it deletes the save from the retail version, so it's not meant for backing up saves or anything like that. It also doesn't help that those games are poorly-priced on the eShop, so it would be better to either go digital from the start or stay with the retail version.

#6856 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Mutant Mudds is a good retro-platformer that is currently on sale for $5.99 on the eShop.

#6857 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

One of the major things the new 3DS update adds is support for that Retail-to-Digital Save Transfer Tool. From what I've read, it only supports moving the save to the digital version, not in reverse, and it deletes the save from the retail version, so it's not meant for backing up saves or anything like that. It also doesn't help that those games are poorly-priced on the eShop, so it would be better to either go digital from the start or stay with the retail version.

I guess this could come in handy if I decide to get Super Mario 3D Land and trade in my physical copy.
Would've liked this to come out before I sold my physical copy of Mario Kart 7...
Posted Image

#6858 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Good to know! I can finally transfer my MK7 save and sell my physical copy, further reducing the overall price of my XL =)

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#6859 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

I was really considering that, since I'm so damn lazy with the carts, but the low resale price of MK7 means I will have spent $60 on the game.

#6860 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

I was really considering that, since I'm so damn lazy with the carts, but the low resale price of MK7 means I will have spent $60 on the game.

I got my XL for $160, with MK7, and a $20 GC, so whatever I sell the cart for will still more or less be worth it. I am surprised the trade in values are so low, though.

My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#6861 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Holy shit - I was at GDC today for about an hour and 16 people visited my Mii Plaza. I'm going to get an absolute assload tomorrow when I'm there all day. Pretty cool.

#6862 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Surprisingly the 3ds update that was just issued was really painless and only took a very short amount of time.

#6863 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Holy shit - I was at GDC today for about an hour and 16 people visited my Mii Plaza. I'm going to get an absolute assload tomorrow when I'm there all day. Pretty cool.

I remember last year at comics con I got hundreds of Miis. I was there everyday. Even in populated cities it seems a little hard to get people to visit you plaza.
Posted Image

#6864 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

I remember last year at comics con I got hundreds of Miis. I was there everyday. Even in populated cities it seems a little hard to get people to visit you plaza.

I took it twice to the Japanese shopping center in SD recently and got zero hits =(

#6865 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

I took it twice to the Japanese shopping center in SD recently and got zero hits =(

I get on the trolley around Mission and Fashion Valley where most people who have a 3DS seem to be and the most I have received is seven, that was 4 days ago. 3 of those were from GS employees...:roll:
Posted Image

#6866 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Just got 10 more today... I thought I would get more. I'll try again tomorrow...

#6867 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

When I was in NYC I would get four or five at the Nintendo World Store, but surprisingly last time I got 10 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and they were from other countries so I'd rack up those achievements

#6868 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Just got 10 more today... I thought I would get more. I'll try again tomorrow...

There's a 10 Mii limit, you have to cycle through them and let them through the plaza gate to get more than that. Which means lots of puzzle pieces real quick, but Find Mii is way too time-consuming for quick cycling like that.

My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#6869 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

There's a 10 Mii limit, you have to cycle through them and let them through the plaza gate to get more than that. Which means lots of puzzle pieces real quick, but Find Mii is way too time-consuming for quick cycling like that.

That's what I thought... I checked yesterday and had 10 and then got home and had 6 more. Today I had 10 and I thought it would be WAY more than that. The limit is so lame!

#6870 Tsundere

Tsundere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Atleast you get miis. I was out shopping and everywhere all day, Even at downtown Disney for dinner and I got no hits at all.