Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8057 replies to this topic

#6871 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

That's what I thought... I checked yesterday and had 10 and then got home and had 6 more. Today I had 10 and I thought it would be WAY more than that. The limit is so lame!

Yeah it really is, you just have to check it every so often. At MAGFest I was checking passes like it was a full time job.

#6872 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm headed out to the conference again now. I'm going to do a lap and then check my 3DS and see how many hits I get.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6873 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Holy crap. I'm getting 10 hits every minute. I clear them out and by the time I'm done I have 10 more and I'm not even moving!! It is nuts!

#6874 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I just went to a certain crowded market in Buffalo, NY and I got a StreetPass, I seem to get one almost everywhere I go here in WNY, there are times I don't get them but most of the time I get them. I have not gotten more than 2 at a time though unless I made special efforts to pass demo units.

#6875 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Atleast you get miis. I was out shopping and everywhere all day, Even at downtown Disney for dinner and I got no hits at all.

I got more hits from one evening of walking down the Las Vegas strip with my 3DS on than the entire weekend I spent at Disneyland. Very strange.
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#6876 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

I was at Pax last weekend and I got 750+ street passes from 6 different countries and 42 states. Now I won't get squat for a while.

#6877 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

I got more hits from one evening of walking down the Las Vegas strip with my 3DS on than the entire weekend I spent at Disneyland. Very strange.

Figures, I left my 3DS in my hotel the whole time I was there last week...

#6878 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Recently bought the Pikachu edition 3dsXL and picked up Luigi's Mansion DM. Also chose Super Mario 3d Land from the promo. Was wondering what games I should look into? Only ones I can think of right now is possibly Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#6879 Tsundere

Tsundere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Sin city sure does need more 3ds then good ol' disney land. You would think though tourist cities you would get streetpassed a lot at...Im sad the Pika came out a week after the big con here were everybody brings their 3ds (like over 3000 people would get LOTS of hits)

Recently bought the Pikachu edition 3dsXL and picked up Luigi's Mansion DM. Also chose Super Mario 3d Land from the promo. Was wondering what games I should look into? Only ones I can think of right now is possibly Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter.

Both. Pickup FE AND MH from toys r us with the B1 G140% off sale!~ Toys r us delayed MH though... mine hasnt shipped as of yet.

#6880 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

I used the save game transfer tool tonight and it was really easy. Shot a video on my phone that I might upload later, but suffice to say it does what it is supposed to do. Super dumb that it cant transfer from a digital copy to a card though, WTF?

#6881 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

I used the save game transfer tool tonight and it was really easy. Shot a video on my phone that I might upload later, but suffice to say it does what it is supposed to do. Super dumb that it cant transfer from a digital copy to a card though, WTF?

The whole save thing needs to be worked out, along with a host of other things, if they want to make the eShop a fully viable place to buy retail games from instead of getting them online or at the store.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6882 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

I work at magic kingdom and have been carrying my 3ds xl with me all week (just got it this week) and I've been getting like 30 hits everyday.

#6883 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

I was at Pax last weekend and I got 750+ street passes from 6 different countries and 42 states. Now I won't get squat for a while.

Holy crap - were you just constantly clearing out the 10 Miis that kept showing up? It is time-consuming!

#6884 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

It isn't as time consuming if you finish up Find Mii first.

#6885 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've traveled from Chicago to Orange County CA and back at least once a month for the last 6 months and have only received a total of 6 passes... wtf?

Really need to go to some conventions or something sometime...
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6886 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

I've traveled from Chicago to Orange County CA and back at least once a month for the last 6 months and have only received a total of 6 passes... wtf?

Really need to go to some conventions or something sometime...

Its unfortunate its so hit or miss because when a game utilizes it well (RE:R, NSMB2) it can really add to replayability and extend the life of titles, in addition to just being fun.

#6887 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Nintendo needs to learn that StreetPass isn't a suitable substitute for online leaderboards.

#6888 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

What does that mean?

I always found leaderboards pretty boring. You are ranked 1378, congratulations

#6889 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

What does that mean?

I think he's complaining about the lack of online leaderboards in so many of Nintendo's games.
I like seeing myself compared to friends so I agree.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#6890 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

What does that mean?

Is it really that hard to understand? When I play a game with leaderboards, I'd like to know where I stand amongst friends or anybody really so I can see how good some people are and how much better I can do if I'm enjoying the game enough to keep playing it. Many of these games on the eShop would work well with them, but it shows their ignorance to only have leaderboards based on people I meet via StreetPass (aka nobody).

#6891 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think Nintendo needs to learn that StreetPass is not a suitable replacement for any online features, if a game has some of its features online and some offline only between players it becomes really pointless, just make it all online already. There are area's in the USA where you cannot get any street passes at all (even though mine is not one of those obviously) and some people don't have hundreds of dollars to travel to an anime or gaming convention.

#6892 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

First outing with my 3ds and I got 2 streetpasses!
Posted Image

#6893 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

It'd be really cool if you play a game online with someone, you'd get a chance of them visiting your plaza. I wouldn't say every person you play online with should, cuz then you'd instantly fill up and pass all the plaza stuff, but I think that would be a good balance/compromise. Probably too late to implement even in a system update though.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6894 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Just got Professor Layton for free through the promotion. It was either that or StarFox64 which I was never a big fan of. I've built up a nice little library by just getting a game every few months. Great little system.

#6895 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

After my sons month old 3DS XL quit reading games, I exchanged it for another one last week at Bestbuy. Problem we are having with it now is Netflix keeps saying it has to shutdown. I have deleted it and re installed 4 times now. I go to Netflix.com and activate it with the code and then bam...has to close again as soon as it tries to start. I had this happen on the other XL, but only 1 time. Is anyone else having issues with Netflix not working? Being that it's for my younger son, Netflix is pretty much a must have. If this continues, I may be forced to take it back and just get something else.

#6896 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

After my sons month old 3DS XL quit reading games, I exchanged it for another one last week at Bestbuy. Problem we are having with it now is Netflix keeps saying it has to shutdown. I have deleted it and re installed 4 times now. I go to Netflix.com and activate it with the code and then bam...has to close again as soon as it tries to start. I had this happen on the other XL, but only 1 time. Is anyone else having issues with Netflix not working? Being that it's for my younger son, Netflix is pretty much a must have. If this continues, I may be forced to take it back and just get something else.

Is it happening when other devices are accessing your account?

#6897 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Only on the 3DS. Netflix works on both PC's, iphones, and kindle fire.

#6898 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

I think Nintendo needs to learn that StreetPass is not a suitable replacement for any online features, if a game has some of its features online and some offline only between players it becomes really pointless, just make it all online already. There are area's in the USA where you cannot get any street passes at all (even though mine is not one of those obviously) and some people don't have hundreds of dollars to travel to an anime or gaming convention.

Are there any people from Japan in this thread? I would imagine that it's a cultural thing too. I bet Japan has a whole lot of people walking around with a 3DS. I think that most people in the US play theirs at home. I also think that younger people only turn them on when they're gonna play. Only hard core gamers care about street pass. At least in my area 4 out 5 tags I get have Fire Emblem which your average 3DS owner has probably never heard of.

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#6899 jedipimping

jedipimping

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Are there any people from Japan in this thread? I would imagine that it's a cultural thing too. I bet Japan has a whole lot of people walking around with a 3DS. I think that most people in the US play theirs at home. I also think that younger people only turn them on when they're gonna play. Only hard core gamers care about street pass. At least in my area 4 out 5 tags I get have Fire Emblem which your average 3DS owner has probably never heard of.

My officemate's wife is from Japan, and they recently went over there to visit her family for two weeks. He brought his 3DS over with him, and filled quite a lot of the puzzles, and got through Find Mii. He noticed that it seemed a lot of people had them, and a lot of girls especially compared to over here (side note: they all seemed to play Animal Crossing).

#6900 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't think its all that strange. You rarely see people bring games to Disneyland, and those that do are usually kids who don't have the street pass set up. Even seeing kids with it is rare since its so easy to have things get ruined or lost. With Vegas though you can get people driving through the strip who are heading to their hotel to check in, etc.

I remember when I was at E3 last year and my 3DS was blowing up with new miis showing up. It was cool at first, but upon realizing that I have a 10 mii limit before I can have more come in, I just gave up and ignored it. I didn't get very many people at comic con. I usually get a lot at Anime Expo though, which really isn't surprising.

It gets even worse when you have a bunch of people showing up in your streetpass enabled games. If youre really committed you just end up finding somewhere to sit for a half hour collecting all your stuff. I wish nintendo would increase the limit. Considering streetpass was made with mostly japan in mind, it seems silly to max out at 10.