3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#7112 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Shantae is coming to the Virtual Console in late June. I've never played the original, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. There's a DSiWare sequel from a couple years ago, as well as another sequel due to come to the eShop sometime this year. It'll be nice to have the whole series on one platform.

#7113 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

According to the 3DS eShop, Animal Crossing is going to be $34.99 when it releases. I don't know if the retail version is going to be the same price.

DKCR is going to be $35 too. I think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was $35, but I'm not sure since I didn't buy it. I think Nintendo is going back to their DS pricing structure with games, or they're just testing out the price to see if it spurs software sales.

As for missing things with buying a used 3DS, you may not have the charging cradle (this is a big one), the year-long warranty, it might be missing an SD card and no AR cards.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7114 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

This is the first review I've seen for Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move.

8.5/10
http://www.nintendow...om/review/34138

edit - I found another one.

7/10
http://www.nintendol...nis_on_the_move

#7115 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

So i caved in and bought the xl circle pad pro from the nintendo store. Came up to $26.99 (shipping + tax). Better than paying $40+ to import from japan.

Question: how long does it take for it to be shipped? Does it come with a box? (Read that some came in just a plastic bag) hopefully mine gets to me in perfect condition. This is the first time i ordered from the nintendo store so i dont know what to expect.

#7116 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

So i caved in and bought the xl circle pad pro from the nintendo store. Came up to $26.99 (shipping + tax). Better than paying $40+ to import from japan.

Question: how long does it take for it to be shipped? Does it come with a box? (Read that some came in just a plastic bag) hopefully mine gets to me in perfect condition. This is the first time i ordered from the nintendo store so i dont know what to expect.

It doesn't have any packaging... when you open the shipping box you'll find the CPP XL in a non-sealed plastic bag with an instruction booklet and no battery.

Shipping-wise, might be up to a week to reach you depending on where you live.

#7117 Action!

Action!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

They've dropped a good bit on eBay. I've imported two now, both at about 21 bucks a piece. Either way, enjoy it. The thing's pretty amazing. Grip's way more comfortable on top of all the control enhancements.

#7118 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

This is the first review I've seen for Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move.

8.5/10
http://www.nintendow...om/review/34138

edit - I found another one.

7/10
http://www.nintendol...nis_on_the_move

http://www.gamesrada...he-move-review/

A lot of them say it's just Pipe Dream. Kind of a let down, as Minis March Again was a lot of fun.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#7119 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Polygon gave it a 9. I'm definitely getting it - I love this series and have yet to be disappointed. Also, you can't beat the price.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#7120 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Got Mutant Mudds while it was on sale and have been going through it. It starts off feeling a little too generic and simplistic, but about half-way through it starts to bring the old-school hurt! Especially the secret areas, talk about unforgiving precision platforming.

Dang! I need to check this thread more often! That's my 'go to' demo after Luigi's Mansion pisses me off!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7121 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

Will there be a demo for Animal Crossing? I've never played an AC game before and there seems to be a lot of hype around this.

#7122 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Crimson Shroud is really great.

As a former D&D player, I won't say that it gets everything down perfectly, but it certainly feels more like you're sitting around a table, getting things described to you as opposed to being fully immersed in the world. That sounds bad but I think it's neat.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7123 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

THe Mii Plaza. Is there a way to filter the Mii's? I have over 650, it gets annoying trying to find the high level ones.

Also I have 2 3DS's now, anything cool or beneficial I can do with street passes?

#7124 Action!

Action!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Crimson Shroud is really great.

As a former D&D player, I won't say that it gets everything down perfectly, but it certainly feels more like you're sitting around a table, getting things described to you as opposed to being fully immersed in the world. That sounds bad but I think it's neat.

I really enjoyed the title as well. I'm no D&D player, but Vagrant Story is my number one favorite game and this piece just reeks of it's art direction and production sense. Music, characters, everything about it felt like a spiritual successor to me. I just beat it over lunch yesterday and can't wait to start up NG+.

#7125 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

THe Mii Plaza. Is there a way to filter the Mii's? I have over 650, it gets annoying trying to find the high level ones.

Also I have 2 3DS's now, anything cool or beneficial I can do with street passes?

No, you cannot filter Miis yet.

As for 2 3DS, you can use it to easily fill up the country/region achievements and load up on different colored Level 7s.

#7126 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Will there be a demo for Animal Crossing? I've never played an AC game before and there seems to be a lot of hype around this.

I don't know if there will be a demo, but the Animal Crossing games are akin to the Harvest Moon games if you've ever played any of those.

It's basically a "life sim". You character moves into town and is given a house (and mortgage) which you pay off by doing odd jobs for other town residents, and selling items that are found, fished, dug up, etc. There is also a collectable aspect as you try to furnish the town museum with one of each bug, fossil, fish, and artwork. There are events in town that occur in relation to the real world calendar (Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July, etc.), and real world clock (ie. you'll catch different fish/bugs during the day/night or season).

#7127 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Had to send in the 3DS XL for repair (broken hinge). Nintendo seems to presume that any physical defect is caused by user damage, which wasn't the situation in my case. To their credit, after a lot of arguing they waived a considerable portion of the repair fee. I would have argued further, but the repair includes a full year warranty.

I also filled out a survey complaining about the license transfer process and the risk of lost saved data and surprisingly got a call back from someone sympathetic but sounding burnt out from having to deal with this process in general.

#7128 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Just got off the phone with Nintendo regarding previously games I downloaded on my 3DS that I no longer have access too. Was hoping to be able to download them on my XL, but no luck. Thought maybe they'd issue me a credit or something to my account but alas.

#7129 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

If you sold the 3DS, you sold the games. I don't understand why people don't get this.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#7130 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Just got off the phone with Nintendo regarding previously games I downloaded on my 3DS that I no longer have access too. Was hoping to be able to download them on my XL, but no luck. Thought maybe they'd issue me a credit or something to my account but alas.

If you had them both at the same time you could have done a transfer. Other than that, your out of luck.

#7131 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

If you sold the 3DS, you sold the games. I don't understand why people don't get this.

Because no other console does that? Because it's a terrible way of doing things?

#7132 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Because no other console does that? Because it's a terrible way of doing things?

There are other consoles that do that.
The Wii and DSi. Not to mention the Master System having a pre-installed game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7133 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hang around here long enough and you'll hear me rage about this. But truth be told its been this way since the Wii launched 7 years ago and Nintendo refuses to join us in the modern era. Because of the way every other company handles digital content its easy to assume games/DLC transfer, but even on the Wii U its strictly attached to hardware. I think most regular gamer types realize this but its definitely confusing, unintuitive, and misleading to the average consumer.

If your 3DS was stolen, they even ask for a police report in order to replace digital content, even though Club Nintendo shows everything you've bought. Its archaic.

#7134 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

It's been a well-known issue for a long time now.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7135 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I didn't know about it until well after I got rid of my 3DS. Don't understand why people feel the need to defend Nintendo for it though.

#7136 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

I didn't know about it until well after I got rid of my 3DS. Don't understand why people feel the need to defend Nintendo for it though.

I don't think anyone actually defense the practice, most people think it's totally ass backwards. It's more that the system has been out for quite a while now and we knew what we signed up for. Some people just don't buy digital games on Nintendo platforms because of it. Personally that's why I would not buy retail games, but I'm fine with $5 downloads.

#7137 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm not defending them. It's been one of their biggest criticisms for years because they make you go through ridiculous hurdles for a chance at getting back things you've paid for.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7138 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Why would you want to keep the games if you sold the system? You can't play them any more. The new owner should get them, it just makes sense.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#7139 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

Why would you want to keep the games if you sold the system? You can't play them any more. The new owner should get them, it just makes sense.

/sarcasm'd?

#7140 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Did you not account for the value of the downloaded games? The buyer got a bargain.

It's not like iTunes or Kindle where you could conceivably use the files on something else. It's like my wife, who kept our DSL modem even though we got cable internet. It's like selling a car with tinted windows, buying a new car and calling up Toyota and asking them if they can tint your windows for free.

Do you normally keep games (discs, cartridges) for a system you sell? It seems bizarre not to sell the games as well.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow