Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8006 replies to this topic

#7171 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Can someone point me to an explanation of exactly what Streetpass is and why I should care... Are they just like trophies?

Along with the built in puzzle and rpg game, StreetPass allows you to swap data between games for things like high scores. The coin challenges in NSMB2 Are a great example of a well implemented use of it. Same with time attack for Mario Kart. Its a lot of fun for gaming conventions or in large cities and has definitely extended my enjoyment of certain games

#7172 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

You also swap collectibles with people as well. Some games also allow you to trade lineups or fighters for other people to play against.

#7173 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

So I'm trying to explain to my 5 year old son what Majora's Mask is since he LOVES Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and I stumble across a fake WiiU remake trailer that looks SICK. Anyway, it got me thinking - when the hell is Nintendo going to announce a remake (3DS or WiiU) of Majora's Mask? For the 3DS at least I'm guessing it would take all of 5 minutes to port and they would make a ton of money. What is the deal?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#7174 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'd much rather Nintendo take their time and recreate Majora's Mask via an enhanced remake (ala OoT 3D) than them throw up a simple port onto the system.

The original MM is available for the Wii to download so unless you really want to play the game on the go I think it'd be worth the wait for Nintendo to sprice up the game to 3DS standards.

I read awhile back that Nintendo had polled whether fans wanted a MM remake or a new Link to the Past game and recently Link to the Past 2 was announced for the 3DS.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7175 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

News from the new Nintendo Direct:

Sonic: Lost World is the newest Sonic game that's coming exclusively to 3DS and Wii U. Nintendo seems to either be exclusively publishing it or at least co-publishing it.

There are new Sega Game Gear games coming soon to the 3DS eShop soon:

Crystal Warriors
Columns
Defenders of Oasis
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
G-Loc Air Battle
Shining Force II: The Sword of Hajya
Sonic Blast
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Tails Adventure
Vampire: Master of Darkness

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be out on the 3DS eShop for $5.99 on May 30, which include the ability to link together to unlock special content. From May 30 to June 20, there will be a sale where they are $4.99 each.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D features eight new levels to unlock, one based on each of the worlds from the original game. It's out on May 24 on the 3DS eShop and at retail.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be out on the 3DS eShop and at retail on June 9. They will be releasing an episodic video series starring Treehouse employees where they talk about past games and New Leaf that will be released on their Youtube channel and the 3DS eShop. There will also be a new Animal Crossing panel for Streetpass and a Swapnote message.

#7176 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

It would be awesome if they would put the Dizzy Game Gear games on the eShop.

#7177 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'd much rather Nintendo take their time and recreate Majora's Mask via an enhanced remake (ala OoT 3D) than them throw up a simple port onto the system.

The original MM is available for the Wii to download so unless you really want to play the game on the go I think it'd be worth the wait for Nintendo to sprice up the game to 3DS standards.

I read awhile back that Nintendo had polled whether fans wanted a MM remake or a new Link to the Past game and recently Link to the Past 2 was announced for the 3DS.

MM for the Wii could have been had for some coins @CN sometime ago and it was a one of the platinum prize choices last year.

#7178 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I agree an enhanced remake would be preferable. The portable thing is key though for me - I still have the cart so I guess I could play it at home whenever I wanted to... if I hooked up the N64 at some point.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#7179 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah I really wish Nintendo would go the Sony route (ala PS3, PSP, Vita) and tie all digital content to a single account. The ability to play all of my Virtual console games from my Wii on my 3DS would be fantastic.

Unfortunately this type of thing will probably never happen. :(

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7180 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

New Streetpass puzzle based on Animal Crossing just got released in the US.

#7181 200STM

200STM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

sweet

#7182 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

http://www.siliconer...r-nintendo-3ds/
Gunman Clive Developer Working On Zelda Inspired Game For Nintendo 3DS

Sounds cool. Gunman Clive is pretty fun
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#7183 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Am I the only one who is not a big fan of BearShark? I love Meat or Die, but I just cannot get into BearShark.

Also not the biggest fan of Dinosaur Office, but that is mainly the low gutteral voices. I find all the normal speaking characters hilarious, but the main guys just annoy me.

#7184 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

The jokes are one note, fortunately they are short, so I still find them funny, if frenetic.

#7185 VileEighty

VileEighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Am I the only one who is not a big fan of BearShark? I love Meat or Die, but I just cannot get into BearShark.

Also not the biggest fan of Dinosaur Office, but that is mainly the low gutteral voices. I find all the normal speaking characters hilarious, but the main guys just annoy me.

I watch BearShark just to watch it... not once have I been stirred by it in any way. I think I feel the same way about Dinosaur Office. The office setting reminds me too much of reality so there's that block.

3DS: 4527-7460-7138

#7186 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Just a random musing, but I have to give a tip of the hat to the selection of games Nintendo chose for their Ambassador program. They're all quality titles and even the less marvelous ones are balanced out, imho, by the excellent ones. Anyway, it's great having all of those titles available on the go and they've actually largely stayed exclusive to the program.

Side note, is the "Ambassador Certificate" required? It takes up like 140 blocks. I mean, it's great for picking up chicks, but . . .

#7187 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

The Ambassador certificate is great because of the GBA games, since Nintendo is opting not to put any for purchase for some reason.

#7188 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

The Ambassador certificate is great because of the GBA games, since Nintendo is opting not to put any for purchase for some reason.

I do wish they would get on that so I can get an updated file with save states, etc.

#7189 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

More support for my theory that Nintendo actually hates money. Their sitting on a goldmine of GBA games that I bet a lot of people never even played or can't find. That, and the ability to use sleep mode and save states alone would warrant a repurchase on a few favorites. I really wish the Ambassador games AT LEAST went to sleep mode / worked with Street Pass and save states.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have them and it's cool they put them out. I just don't understand why they don't want them on the store.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#7190 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm kind of excited about GG games coming-Specifcally Shining Force, I love that entire series.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#7191 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

GBA games don't use Sleep Mode for some reason.

#7192 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, it's annoying.

Oh, and while we're here, I'd like to plug Donkey Kong '94. That game is excellent. As is its sequel Mario vs. Donkey Kong, which I played first. I was playing it today and surprised at how many of the moves from the sequel are present in the original. Backflips, hand-walking, etc. It's such a fresh, modern game still, I can't imagine playing it on my old mammoth Gameboy.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the current MvDK Minis games, I'd love it if they gave us another platforming entry in the series.

#7193 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, it's annoying.

Oh, and while we're here, I'd like to plug Donkey Kong '94. That game is excellent. As is its sequel Mario vs. Donkey Kong, which I played first. I was playing it today and surprised at how many of the moves from the sequel are present in the original. Backflips, hand-walking, etc. It's such a fresh, modern game still, I can't imagine playing it on my old mammoth Gameboy.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the current MvDK Minis games, I'd love it if they gave us another platforming entry in the series.

Seconded. DK94 is fantastic, I played it when it came out when I was just 10 years old on my original brick GB, and I'm also surprised at just how well it holds up. I'm also surprised I beat it as a kid without the ability to save between individual levels, not to mention it gets pretty damned hard towards the end.

I got it for free via Club Nintendo, but for those who haven't played it, it's absolutely worth $5.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#7194 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

They dont use sleep mode, because it appears that the 3DS boots into a GBA firmware with just enough of a shim to allow rebooting into the 3DS OS. If its booting to a GBA compatibility mode then it isnt a virtual console in the usual sense and things like save states arent an option.

#7195 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

More support for my theory that Nintendo actually hates money. Their sitting on a goldmine of GBA games that I bet a lot of people never even played or can't find. That, and the ability to use sleep mode and save states alone would warrant a repurchase on a few favorites. I really wish the Ambassador games AT LEAST went to sleep mode / worked with Street Pass and save states.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have them and it's cool they put them out. I just don't understand why they don't want them on the store.

Yep, I gotta agree. And not just GBA games. There are a ton of NES and SNES games that would sell a bunch if made available. But they continue a very slow drip when it comes to the Virtual Console.

#7196 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

any chance for SNES on 3ds? I want mario RPG.

#7197 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

any chance for SNES on 3ds? I want mario RPG.

Not for a long time. You need to use a Wii.

#7198 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hell I'd pay $40 for a straight up remake ala OOT or Starfox. GET ON THAT NINTENDO!

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#7199 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Does anyone play puzzle swap? Do you use buy puzzle pieces option? I hate it when i spend coins and the 3ds keeps giving me the same piece i already have! Wtf nintendo! I have 130 / 530 pieces and you cant freaking code the game to give out 400 pieces that i dont have!!! Sheesh!!! I keep wasting coins coz of this. Grrrr!!!

#7200 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Hell I'd pay $40 for a straight up remake ala OOT or Starfox. GET ON THAT NINTENDO!

Square needs to give the OK too.