Nintendo 3DS

• Please log in to reply
8058 replies to this topic

#1051 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

I am seriously considering taking a day off work to hustle down there and pick one up. They had a ton, a TON of Wiis at launch. They went for 36+ hours from launch until they ran out so I'm guessing there will be a lot available.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#1052 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

Speaking of cases, anyone know if it'll fit in a DSL case? I've got a really nice one I like for my DSL, but I can't find a direct comparison of DSL vs 3DS.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#1053 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

The 3DS comes with a dock, right? Any idea if the unit will fit in the dock with these cases/shells on it?

That CM4 is nice but I don't want to have to pull the cover off to be able to charge it!

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#1054 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

I...I didn't know people still played the original DS. I think I would whimper every time I went to GameStop and saw that awesome demo station they have that shows the DS Lite and XL running side-by-side.

Actually my DS Lite's touchscreen is pretty much fucked and well I am forced to play on the phat DS. I been trying to advoid it though, it's why I am waiting for the 3DS to come out so I can play some of the games I have been buying recently for the DS.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1055 muumuu

muumuu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Damn, that 5.40$ case looks nice O_O. Might bite on that and a Car Charger......hope it doesnt explode the moment i put my 3DS in it.

On a side note, are Screen Protectors really worth it O-o, damn near everytime i use them, they were either crappy quality, or left a bubble on the screen (No matter how hard i tried not to leave one)

Run the shower in your bathroom, let the humidity take care of the micro-dust and you got yourself a nice (relatively speaking) dust-free environment.

If you don't use protectors, the controller and everything are so closely packed together when the 3ds is closed that minor scuffle marks can form on the upper portion if it's jostled around too much. Not like there's anything that'll scratch the screen area, but something to think about if you plan on babying the thing.

#1056 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

Run the shower in your bathroom, let the humidity take care of the micro-dust and you got yourself a nice (relatively speaking) dust-free environment.

Whoa, does this really work? That's an excellent idea.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1057 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Scientifically, it makes sense.... at least that's what happens in actual outdoor weather. I have bad allergies and right after it rains is when there are the least amount of allergens in the air.

#1058 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Yowzers! Already?!?

Sadly that doesn't even sound like the worst possible game...I can envision a game called that that's solid...although this probably isn't.

And it's Balloon Pop TWO :lol:

Yeah? You think it could be good? Do you?

http://www.amazon.co...ref=ent_fb_link

The above trailer will correct your hopes. ;)

If I was going for a game like this, I'd rather just get Bust-a-Move Universe.

The Wii version doesn't look terrible, but the reviews are in the 50's or so. Basically, it's like, why are you playing this? Don't you have anything else to play?

#1059 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Whoa, does this really work? That's an excellent idea.

Yep, totally works. I've done this for my DS Lite and DSi screen protectors, after I kinda failed at putting on my original DS screen protectors.

But yeah, run the shower and leave for a little bit. I come back in maybe five minutes later and apply the screen protector. I wouldn't say mine is perfect, but it's a far sight better than the time I tried to put it on without the shower in the background. It seemed like lint just magically appeared out of space and time to occupy the space under my protector. That, or the mother of all bubbles.

#1060 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Anyone else disappointed that DS games dont take up the full upper screen? Who wants two black bars burned in to the side of the screen?

#1061 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Joystiq posted a gallery of pictures from a boxed 3DS at GDC.

http://www.joystiq.c...-3ds-3-7-11/#/0
Posted Image

#1062 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Sexy. So sexy.

#1063 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

I would rather deal with burn in (there won't be any) than playing original DS games all stretched out and shit. :)

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1064 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

Yeah? You think it could be good? Do you?

The above trailer will correct your hopes. ;)

:lol:! Thanks for taking the time to do that, that's a riot.

Anyone else disappointed that DS games dont take up the full upper screen? Who wants two black bars burned in to the side of the screen?

Don't worry about burn in, LCDs don't do that...except for weird off brand ones that somehow manage it...somehow :lol: I don't want games distorted though, want the correct aspect ratio.

I suppose this screen will be about the same as the first two model DSes for DS games? Way smaller than the XL :-/

I would rather deal with burn in (there won't be any) than playing original DS games all stretched out and shit. :)

Yup! I guess some people can play/watch stuff with the wrong aspect ratio, but I don't know how.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1065 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

The tips from bestskinsever tell you to do it after a shower, so yea. I've always applied them after one.

#1066 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

I still want that awesome Orange 3DS they showed at E3. If that was coming out, I'd be getting this day 1...instead of waiting for such a 3DS to exist.

#1067 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

I suppose its not, but that looks like the DSi XL AC adapter.

And I wonder what that closed...thing is on the dock.

I kind of like the looks of it...it looks sort of retro 80's/90's lots 'o buttons and nobs and stuff...and I mean that in a good way.

Ah, and there are the hole-y cases...

Not a bad looking unboxing at all!

EDIT: STILL can't decide on a color! I SHOULD do black if I'm doing this, but...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1068 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

The tips from bestskinsever tell you to do it after a shower, so yea. I've always applied them after one.

I totally misread that name and was momentarily freaked out. Whew.

Crunchewy.png

#1069 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

I suppose its not, but that looks like the DSi XL AC adapter.

It is the same size as the DSi and DSi XL, yes.

#1070 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

The 3DS comes with a dock, right? Any idea if the unit will fit in the dock with these cases/shells on it?

That CM4 is nice but I don't want to have to pull the cover off to be able to charge it!

I completely didn't even think about this. Is the cradle an induction charger? I thought it would be one of those simple passthru things. Makes more sense for it to be an induction charger though. I'm going to see if CM4 can give me a heads up on that.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1071 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

I don't see any contact points on the cradle so I would guess it is an induction charger.

#1072 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

I completely didn't even think about this. Is the cradle an induction charger? I thought it would be one of those simple passthru things. Makes more sense for it to be an induction charger though. I'm going to see if CM4 can give me a heads up on that.

Not induction, there are indeed contact points picture #10 from above shows them around the charge port.

#1073 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

It is the same size as the DSi and DSi XL, yes.

Really? And I just ordered a car charger from DealExtreme, assuming the charger would be different than my DSi one.

At least it was only like $2. :cry:

#1074 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Really? And I just ordered a car charger from DealExtreme, assuming the charger would be different than my DSi one.

At least it was only like $2. :cry:

http://www.joystiq.c...other-minutiae/

Seems like it yes...

#1075 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

EDIT: STILL can't decide on a color! I SHOULD do black if I'm doing this, but...

Wish it were a darker blue. I have a blue GBA SP, blue Phat DS, blue DSL... and now a black 3DS because the aqua is just a bit too light for my tastes.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#1076 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...other-minutiae/

Seems like it yes...

My hubby made me feel better by mentioning I could keep my new 3DS charger in his car. So now I'll have one in both cars. I wonder if the battery will be so poor I'll end up using the car chargers more? As it is, I've maybe used my current one a handful of times since I've had my DSi.

#1077 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

I am really hating these f-ing ecoboxes that games are packed in now. Cmon on a 3DS game? I would rather they made the box smaller.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#1078 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

I am really hating these f-ing ecoboxes that games are packed in now. Cmon on a 3DS game? I would rather they made the box smaller.

They did that too.

#1079 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Do we know if, when 3D is turned off completely, does the top screen have the full resolution, or is it half the horizontal resolution (because when in 3D mode, one half goes to one eye and the other half is for the other)?

Crunchewy.png

#1080 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Do we know if, when 3D is turned off completely, does the top screen have the full resolution, or is it half the horizontal resolution (because when in 3D mode, one half goes to one eye and the other half is for the other)?

My understanding is it's half the resolution, which is the same perceived resolution as when it's doing "3D".

I'm a bit worried about whether it's REALLY the same as a normal screen with that off though, as I sure wouldn't want one if it's not.
[LIST]

Posted Image