Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
Driver Renegade
Hollywood 61
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Warner Bros.

Batman
LEGO

Some of these placeholder names representing a series from what I understand.

Edited by Mad D, 16 June 2010 - 02:47 AM.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#92 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

I think I will pay any amount up to $250 for this one. Now if they only had MP3 support I would not need my zune, well considering I could listen to music with it closed, idk how the DSi works.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#93 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

All I need to know is a release date and cost. Nintendo already has my money, I'm just curious and and how much of it they're getting...

Seriously, Nintendo killed at E3. Hands down, no questions asked.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#94 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

I think I will pay any amount up to $250 for this one.

I think they'll try to keep the price under $250. Ideally under $200. I'm hoping for pricedrops on all the DS's, and the 3DS at $199.99. (Well, really, I'm hoping for a 3DS for $149.99, but I don't think we'll get that wish.)

#95 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

Seriously, Nintendo killed at E3. Hands down, no questions asked.

I know. Kinect and Move got nothin' on the 3DS.

#96 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

I'm going to hope no more than $199. Anything higher and Nintendo knows they are asking for a slow initiation period. Yes, it's going to ride on the DS wave with another new added "wowee" factor, but you have to remember that the original DS didn't get very far until the release of things like Nintendogs and Brain Age. Besides, a handheld eclipsing console pricing is going to have weird ramifications.

In other words, either keep the price at a place people are willing to go for (citation: initial PSP price) or have some software to back yourself up.

Either way though, they've got my money too. I'm going to hope for a holiday release because that absolutely will benefit them in the long run, assuming maybe a dozen 3DS-specific launch titles.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#97 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

At the risk of being called a pessimist, I find myself not that impressed with the 3DS. The 3D seems to be awfully gimmicky...something that will wow me the first time I see it, but as time goes on loses its novelty. Then of course, there's the risk of third-party people using it just to use it (without it adding anything to the game experience) or using it horrendously. To be really sold on the 3D aspect, I really want to, well, see it first hand, and see a game that uses it that couldn't be done on the DS.

Course, I'll most definitely end up getting it, just not at launch. I'll wait till at least the second revision.

#98 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:49 AM

I'll wait till at least the second revision.

Damn. A third model is gonna take 2-3 years you know.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#99 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

I was thinking about waiting for a revision since I know it's coming, but the DSLite didn't get here until 19 months after the DS Launched. I don't think I can wait that long to buy a 3DS.

#100 budsmoka

budsmoka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

Man I hope this comes out by the end of the year. I want to go to a midnight release.
Posted Image

#101 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

Eh, I have no problem waiting the ~20 months or so for a Nintendo 3DS Lite or whatever they cobble together. That should give them enough time to work out kinks in the hardware and assemble a large enough library of must-own games. And it's not like we don't know a revision's coming...how many non-successors to the GB, GBA, and DS have there been?

#102 budsmoka

budsmoka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

I'll gladly pay $50 to trade up when the new one comes out.
Posted Image

#103 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

That's one of those questions that is up for debate. Do you call the GB Color - which did slightly more than "just" adding color - the same as a revision like the GB Pocket? Does the DSi count as a DS revision when it has more power and adds the ability for DSiware?

Let's be fair and just call them all revisions, eliminating semantics.

I think for the GB there had to be...3? GB Pocket, GB Color, probably something else I'm forgetting (I know there's a GB Light from Japan which sort of counts).

GBA SP - 2 if we count the Micro.

DS - 3 if you count the DSi and DSi XL.

I'm not counting revisions that are "invisible," such as different ways of soldering on various chips (to combat piracy) and/or changes to manufacturing materials (to combat broken hinges). Suffice to say, there's probably MANY more revisions if we count all of that. Kind of like how the PS2 actually has like...17 different recognized revisions if you talk to modchip people.

Still, the chance of there being a 3DS revision is high. If they get the tech better, they might push out an XL version, and it's almost guaranteed they'll make something lighter down the road. Though to be fair, I think they've sort of nailed down aesthetics from the get go this time around, pointing toward less need for a revision.

But eh. More Pilotwings 3D for me.

Posted Image

#104 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

...but you have to remember that the original DS didn't get very far until the release of things like Nintendogs and Brain Age. Besides, a handheld eclipsing console pricing is going to have weird ramifications.

No kidding. The PSP Go is more than a Wii or 360 and is wonky as can be. I need to go look up some sales numbers on that system for a good laugh.

Back to your point, though, I didn't buy a DS until Nintendogs myself. Cooed myself to death with that one, and it heralded in the age of me becoming a DS fanatic. Seriously, the DS changed everything about gaming to me. The DS was such an approachable system that I tried and enjoyed many game genres I wouldn't normally play. I really feel like the 3DS will expand on this, as it makes games richer and hopefully more enjoyable.

At the risk of being called a pessimist, I find myself not that impressed with the 3DS. The 3D seems to be awfully gimmicky...something that will wow me the first time I see it, but as time goes on loses its novelty.

Personally, while I'm excited about the 3D, I'm far more excited about the horsepower behind the device. Sure, the PSP is a powerful little beast, but it's got few games to play, compared to the avalanche on the DS. With third parties getting behind the 3DS and no crappy touch screen minigames on the horizon, I'm feeling very optimistic about Nintendo's next handheld.

#105 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

I am hoping $199 with 1000 Nintendo points as a bonus

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#106 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

Eh, I have no problem waiting the ~20 months or so for a Nintendo 3DS Lite or whatever they cobble together. That should give them enough time to work out kinks in the hardware and assemble a large enough library of must-own games. And it's not like we don't know a revision's coming...how many non-successors to the GB, GBA, and DS have there been?

Meh, can't wait that long.

I'll gladly pay $50 to trade up when the new one comes out.

$100 here. I gotta have this thing.

#107 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:19 AM

I love the Kid Icarus trailer. I love how he flies out and says, "Sorry to keep you waiting!"

:bouncy:

#108 hockeyfun66@

hockeyfun66@

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:20 AM

Kingdom Hearts 3D?, SOLD

#109 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

I love the Kid Icarus trailer. I love how he flies out and says, "Sorry to keep you waiting!"

:bouncy:

It officially knocks off Starcraft 2's "Hell, it's about time" trailer in terms of badass fanservice.

Posted Image

#110 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:30 AM

I am sold!

Unless they have some really funky new region protection going on, I am going to grab one from Japan asap!

going to grab a red unless there is some limited edition going. please let there be a LE!

#111 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

I am sold!

Unless they have some really funky new region protection going on, I am going to grab one from Japan asap!

going to grab a red unless there is some limited edition going. please let there be a LE!

The original DS came out in North America first, so there might not be a need to import.

there's unlikely to be a LE at launch. they save those for later.

#112 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:40 AM

I am more interested in the internal specs..like what chips are they using?

#113 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:47 AM

Well, the DSi has region protection, right? If you try to download DSiWare, does it only give you Japanese options? I would hate to have that sort of thing be the same for 3DS. If it's region-free, I could consider getting one at launch in Japan.

oing to grab a red unless there is some limited edition going. please let there be a LE!

Nah, they like to save limited editions for later. So you'll buy another one. It does print money, after all.

#114 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:47 AM

Anyone else think the system colors are foreshadowing Radiant Ruby and Sparkling Sapphire? I felt that the Special edition Pokemon DSLite foreshadowed HG and SS, since Dialga and Palkia that were etched on it were gold and silver.

#115 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

Definitely selling off PSP and games for 3DS. If they keep the Virtual Boy colors I am getting that version.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#116 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:53 AM

Not concern with dsiware's region protection. So it has to be something new. like region locked game or something, then that's fine. I am sure that I will eventually get a US 3DS (if it does release after Japan) and I will grab my dsiware games there.

Yeah... I am probably going to pay up then when they do have a LE... Nintendo is robbing me blind!

I have a Pokemon DSlite, a regular crimson dslite, a black dsi, a regently acquired Ace Attorney LE dsi and a bronze DSi XL so I guess I am going to add atleast 2 3DS... arg!

#117 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

I have a Pokemon DSlite, a regular crimson dslite, a black dsi, a regently acquired Ace Attorney LE dsi and a bronze DSi XL so I guess I am going to add atleast 2 3DS... arg!

Posted Image

#118 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:04 AM

I am hoping $199 with 1000 Nintendo points as a bonus

If it were priced at $250, would anyone really have a right to complain? I'd still pick one up in a heartbeat. It produces Wii quality graphics in a portable system with 2 screens (one being 3D). Considering the PSP and PSP go both launched at $250...

#119 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

If it were priced at $250, would anyone really have a right to complain? I'd still pick one up in a heartbeat. It produces Wii quality graphics in a portable system with 2 screens (one being 3D). Considering the PSP and PSP go both launched at $250...

I know I said "day one" but if it's $250, Nintendo can Fuck right off.

#120 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:29 AM

Original DS launched at 150 and the DSi at 170, I wouldn't think and hope they wouldn't got over $200.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler